Lion vs Green Bay at Ford Field

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Sep 12, 2008.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Aaron Rodgers regime.
    They beat the Vikes at GB mostly on a return for TD. 24 to 19.
    Rodgers first start and he looked smooth.
    GB was able to contain A. Peterson. Though T. Jackson just couldn't put together enough completions to win the game.
    -
    Mean while the Lions go to ATL and surrender 318 rushing yd. They couldn't be serious could they?
    With any kind of offensive coaching from Colletto, I see the Lions use their big play receivers to ambush the excited cheeseheads 24 - 21
    :MusicBigGrin:

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Nobody's interested in the local football franchise, so I'll blather. This team has sold out 49 consecutive home games. All these sellouts in a row since 2001. I'm still trying to figure what the team did to deserve such loyalty. Even this week, against the Packers, they sell out again. Must be a lot of Packer fans coming over...

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

actually they said the packers gave up some of their ticket allotment. i guess gardner white bought the remaining 3,000 tickets (and offering them free to anyone who purchased $500 of furniture or more). i guess that means they'll have to scale back on some of the bill bonds commercials this weekend.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I went to a couple games this decade where it was 50/50 Lions/Bears fans.

It sucked. We lost both games, and the Bears fans are so obnoxious. It's bad enough being a Lions fan, but having the Bears in your house jeering your team after all the Lions fans have gone home...

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Rosenberg coaching fans not to boycott

Lions boycott argument ignores reality | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

The thing he missed in his piece is the fact very few Lions fans even care about them anymore. Old-time fans have seen enough over the last 40+ years. And WCF being able to sell overpriced nachos & beers to those too young to remember will eventually run it's course.

6. roscoe36

Go Lions! If there is one thing I dislike more about the NFL than William Clay Ford, it is the Packers.

7. Nemo

You just don't dislike WCF enough...........:)

8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The articles in the DetNews were just devoid of reality. Joe barry saying the Defense is fine...after -getting pounded by the rock- at ATL.
    -
    Then suggesting Kitna could fix everything...It was like they were dreaming out loud.
    -
    I tell ya what, we could use some martz play calling today.
    Long Live MEGATRON

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I noticed that the Lions are already down 14-0 at home in the 2nd Q. The Detroit Lions organization has a knack for one-upping itself in the opposite direction. It's remarkable -- amazing, really -- to think that this team can always find ways to go even lower. Just when you think it can't get worse -- and I never think this -- it does. William Clay Ford and the Ford family sure no how to SUCK at running organizations.

Please, Los Angeles (or any other city), take this franchise off our hands.

This team isn't going anywhere as long as Kitna is the QB and Clay Ford is the owner and Millen is the GM and .... sigh.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lions only down 6 points in the 4th quarter. They are teasing us again...

Check that....Lions take the lead. Go clock, go!!

11. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Now they take the lead... 25-24.

12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

What a surprise. Green Bay pulls ahead. I see the Lions have 42 rushing yards. Real balanced attack. Yeah.

Kitna throws an INT and Woodson takes it to the house. Read my earlier post. Kitna blows.

13. Nemo

Ahhhhhh.... The eternal optimistic Lions fan. Hoping for a miracle. Yet surprised again when the home team let's him down. The Packers are for real. The Lions need to get real.....

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Packers nearly score more points (24) in a 3:30 minute span of the 4th quarter than the Lions (25) did the whole game....I didn't see the game, but they Lions quit after they took the one point lead or did Kitna try to hard to be a leader and dediced to throw TD passes to the other team??

I looked at the stats, where was the running game?? As Terry Bradshaw said on Fox Sports round, how many Lions fans really thought they were going to win after they took the lead??

I did not see any of the preseason games or the first two regular games, but did all of the guys that played defense during the preseason get cut? Is there a running game and as is Kitna's backup ready to take over? SOS-SOL:yellowprison:

15. roscoe36

Same Old Lions

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Jamm saw some of the preseason games maybe he knows what happened to THAT dee.
    Rodgers is the real deal, and to think Favre wanted him to back him up again.
    Williams and Megatron dropped passes early that might have kept drives going. I did not see one outside blitz but Rodgers got out of the pocket plenty.
    Kitna has lost it. But the coaching staff calls %%%GOT plays. The picks late in the game were caused by timid plays earlier. [Not pulling Kitna earlier]
    hey Zoo didn't you want Kitna awhile back.
    -
    The good news is we didn't give up 300 yd rushing.

17. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think that there are several differences between the pre-season Lions and the Same Old Lions.

1. It was the pre-season, so nothing counted. When it does count, that's when the SOL show up.

2. A lot of the guys that were making big plays in the pre-season are either no longer on the team, or don't get on the field. Part of that is Marinelli's stubborness, saying that the players have to "earn" the spot. The result is, that Fisher started over Bodden in week 1 and on the first passing play of his career, a rookie QB threw a 62 yard TD pass on Fisher and "False Start" Foster started over our #1 pick Gosder Cherilus and gave up several sacks. The other part is that Millen is an idiot.

3. In the pre-season the Lions were doing a LOT of blitzing with a lot of different looks. Apparently, their preseason results made Joe Barry think that they could play teams straight up and as a result, they've hardly been getting any pressure on the QB, with very few blitzes.

Their secondary is below average, their linebackers are below average and their D-line is below average. The best way to counteract a lack of talent is to bring the house on blitzes and hope to God that they can get to the QB before he can burn you.

4. The Lions were playing against back-ups in the preseason. In a lot of cases, due to injuries on the other team, the starters were playing their opponents 2nd team and our #2s were playing their #3s.

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Now you tell us.
    I thought you said they were flying around hitting stuff?
    Well we were up .036 in the picks game we'll be lucky to be in first place after this week.
    Thanks to your Vike pick.

19. Nemo

Still love the Vikings. QB will be alright in a few [STRIKE]decades[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]years[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]months[/STRIKE] weeks when he gets warmed up. Look for the Vikes to win 10 this season. Remember, they play the Lions twice. Look for Green bay to win >10 this season, they play the Lions twice. Look for the Bears to win about 10 this season, they play the Lions twice...

20. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They were! The problem is that those guys either aren't on the team anymore or are inactive.