Lions at 49ers...the fear Martz game

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I saw on the news bar during PTI that William Clay Ford Jr. Stated that If he could, HE would have fired MILLEN. He simply doesn't have the authority. Time to serve Ford SR. some White Castle Stuffing with his turkey this Thanksgiving. At his age, that'll do it...
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Clearly you need to spend more time reading PF.com and less time watching tv.

This story is so 4 hours ago.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Yea...I know. I get home from work at 5:00pm. Montana time. I watch the TAPED version of PTI and Around the Horn when the show is hours old. The benefit of this schedule is the early time that MNF starts...
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

49ers Dump Lions: Post-Game Comments [​IMG]
    Jon Kitna sacked (Getty Images)
    By Scout.com

Posted Sep 22, 2008

Post-game comments directly from the locker room following yet another Lions loss. Jon Kitna, Ernie Sims, and others offer answers to the questions.

QB Jon Kitna
    Q: What did you think of J.T. O’Sullivan’s performance?
    “I’m not the least bit surprised. In fact, I’m very happy for him. He’s surrounded by some very talented players and he has an outstanding offensive coordinator.[ read, ours isn't] He made plays with his feet and he made plays with his arm. He made good on more opportunities than we did today.”
    Q: What about Mike Martz?
    “You’ve got to tip your hat to him. He knows what he’s doing.[read, ours doen't] He takes full advantage of his weapons.[read, ours doesn't] He picks a starting quarterback and sticks with him. With Mike, you don’t have to look over your shoulder. [read, even though I'm stinking it up, I still get to play] You know you’ll be in there and get an opportunity to make plays. They run a lot of combination routes and some of them worked pretty well today.[did we run a combo route ?] One of the things I like best about him is he plays the best guy.[ we don't play the best guy, we play favorites] It doesn’t matter if you’re a number one draft choice or a free agent. If you’re the right guy, he’ll go with you and build the offense to take advantage of your talents.” Q: What about the Lions’ offensive problems today? “Our philosophy is to play ‘close to the vest.’ You can’t have too many third-and-eight situations. Third-and-longs tend to put a lot of pressure on your line. We had too many of them today. We prepared well enough, we just didn’t execute like we should have. We’re not consistent enough to win football games but, hopefully, we will be soon. I couldn’t seem to get into a good rhythm today. On occasion I’d get a guy open and miss him.