Lions at Bears - 2007 - Week 8

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

With this kind of winning...I may have to go with Denver next week against the Lions at our place...........I feel very strongly about this.........:football: :sherlock: :victory: :6shoot: :humble:
  2. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

This is a nice surprise! Been beat 4 out of 5 years here and beat 72-13 over that stretch here, including the "take the wind" Marty game.

First 5-2 start for Millen. Ross had this in 2000, the same year the Rams were rolling. In fact, we beat them to have the same record at 6-2 with the tiebreaker advantage. Ended 9-7 just missing the playoffs.

I can live with that.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I remember the game was a Monday Night football classic. The Last of the Lions good games on national TV
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It actually wasn't that long ago. It was 2005. They went 5-11 that season with 2 road wins.

The Lions beat the Browns 13-10 in Cleveland and New Orleans 13-12 on a late field goal by Jason Hanson which ended up costing them the 1st pick in the draft. It dropped them from the #1 pick all the way to the #9 pick where they grabbed Ernie Sims (the only time in the past 5 drafts that Millen didn't take a WR with his 1st pick).
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The most important thing is that they are beating the bad teams. In previous seasons they were losing to losers. :nod:

3-0 and home...if they win all of their remaining home games, the worst they can do is 10-6 ...who would have thunk it??? Kitna and Williams:sssh::) Yeah you are right to early to excited yet..
  6. LA Dre

Thanks for the research Jammer ..I would have looked it up, but I had to go outside and clean my yard before it got dark:)
  7. jammertime

No problem. I have plenty of free time up here in the Great White North. Our yards are covered in snow 90% of the time and we only get 6 hours of daylight each day. :MusicBigGrin:
  8. LA Dre

Obviously then you are not in Windosr at this time...what part of Alaska, north-north Canada or the Northpole are you occupying/residing??:cold:
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

He's in the part where they keep all of the illegal immigrant Eskimos,eh.
    He lives right next door to Roscoe, eh.
    I say that in a manner of speaking...igloos don't have doors,eh.
    :MusicBigGrin::pound::gun1:
  10. jammertime

Hey Darth, you do realize that this is a thread about REAL football and not fantasy right?
  11. Darth Tater

Oh, my bad. I saw silly names like the Toronto Argonauts and Montreal Allouettes and thought it must be a fantasy thread.:pound:
  12. jammertime

Sorry Darth, I know how badly you want to be a Canadian, but unfortunately, like a lot of things, it's only in your dreams.
  13. Darth Tater

I don't want to be a Canadian. I wouldn't even know where to purchase a good pair of Mukluks...let alone spell the word correctly. Heck, I don't even know what they are used for.

If your football teams in Cannuckia were any good you certainly would not be lions fans!!! :pound::pound::pound:
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Glad to see the Lions with a winning record, but let's be honest: This team isn't all that good. They're beating teams that stink and their two losses have been to teams that stink. The Lions are mediocre at best.

18-25 is the combined record of the teams they have played this season.

They still have Green Bay coming up twice. Tougher part of the schedule is coming up.
  15. jammertime

I don't disagree with you on any of this Gazoo. However, considering the fact that this team has been HORRIBLE for years, I'll take mediocre from this team right now! Average is a big step up from Garbage, IMO. It's all relative. :pound:

There are only a couple of "elite" teams in the league right now and there are a few "horrible" teams. Most teams fall in the middle, which gives the Lions a decent chance of winning most weeks. Considering what we're used to, I'll take it!

I don't expect the team to go from worst to first overnight, but I do expect them to at least challenge and show improvement, which is exactly what this season's team has shown IMO.

Heck, for us long suffering Lions fans, 5-2 is like a dream season for us considering the nightmare we've been living. :MusicBigGrin:
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well, the Linons knocked me out of my survival pool. The way I figure, I bought this victory.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Definitely an improvement. I'll grant you that. The NFL is parity with a captial "P".
  18. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Once you take out Indy, New England, St Louis and Miami - the rest of the teams is drowning in mediocrity. As long as Lions stay close to the top of that group - I'll be happy, for now.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I hear Kitna has an evangelical effect on the team and is leading with faith and a lot of the guys are buying in.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like Urlacher has arthritis in his back, which is a factor in his performance decline as of late.

The bad news for him is that there is no cure and he'll just have to deal with the pain.

If this is true, then I don't see him playing for more than another year or so. That would be a huge blow for the Bears.