Lions @ Cowboys Nov. 20, 2005

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Nov 15, 2005.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Cowboys coming off a big division Monday night game against the Eagles. The Tuna has improved the Doomsday Dee. But Bledsoe can be found in the pocket. Blitz his @$$$ please. Rattle his tall slow @$$$ please. Cause he will expose our secondary otherwise. I want 5 down Deelineman, preferably all tackles. Start Garcia if he can walk. Punch KJ and Tooz into the line again and again and again.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yep. According to Mooch he is starting Garcia if healthy.

The Lions offered up some tasty Kool-Aid last week. Not a new flavor though. We've tasted it before.

Road game coming up. No reason to believe the Lions stand a chance in this one.

Dallas 31

Lions 13
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Lions 5
    Boys 2
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

lmao...do you know the Lions lost a playoff game to the Cowboys by the score of 5-3 in 1971? Made me sick.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'll be watching Demarcus Ware and "Lights Out" Spears. Everybody at the News wanted a piece of these two at draft time. Interesting that Dallas would use both their 1st round picks on the Dline.
    ...It was 5,0
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Is it just me or the reffing completely sick? I thought you only had to meet the pole on 1st down measure. We completely passed it and they didn't give us the first down! This game is winable because Bledoe's arm has gone dead. He can't anything.
    ...So Mooch makes no effort to get out of his endzone before the half, and Dallas gets a record 56 yd FG. Deserved
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey, what about the positives. The Lions have set some records today too.

- Most penalties since 1970 (and we're still in the 3rd quarter)

- Most 1st downs allowed on penalties in NFL history (again, still in the 3rd Q)

And now for some bright spots:

- James Hall has more offsides penalties this season than he has sacks and tackles combined.

- James Davis couldn't tackle my grandmother, but he would get called for a personal foul for shoving her.
  8. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

How many times have the Lions had success running up the middle on first down, in their history?

Why do both Joe and Jeff hold the ball at arms length when handing off to the runner (to run right up the middle)?

What would you do as an opposing defensive coordinator on first down against the Lions?

Why don't our receives ever do a stop and go (deep)? Every opposing cornerback in the NFL knows we will never do that>

Have the Lions ever heard of a slant across the middle?<br><br>Isn't it clear to everyone that we tip off every running play?

Why don't we ever spread the field so our runners have a chance at a lane?

Why do we always spread our line on defense and give the opposition plenty of running lanes?

Why don't our linebackers ever fill the running gaps?

Why don't we play man to man or bump and run?

How is it so easy to run to the outside against us?

Why don't we take advantage of our receivers height and speed?

Why is there no toughness or visciousness on thie team (except for Donte Curry and Kenoy Kennedy)?

Who turned Eddie Drummond into a %%%%%cat?

Why doesn't Kevin Jones ever run straight down the field and why doen't he run lower so he can get a least a couple of yards per run?

Who still thinks the West Coast Offence works here?

Why is Mooch and his staff still here?

Where is Sylvester Croom when we really need him?
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Jammm, Congo

Just when you think the Lions can't get any worse. They start setting records for worseness.
    Q1. In 30 yrs. 5 times. for 25 yrs.
    Q2. So the back has a big target, and so they don't get run over.
    Q3. Put 5 lineman over the center.
    Q4. Because the CB might have to hold and that might cause a penalty ...and Mooch doesn't like cheap yardage. He likes to play fair.
    Q5. Hey, we ran two to CRog today. Snuck that by you, aye?
    Q6. Mooches play schedule is run, pass, run, run, pass, pass, run, run makes no diff. if we get a first down or not. Just stick to the schedule.
    Q7. Spread the field? That would be tricky, only pros that know how to do it should attempt it. You just don't send rookie receivers downfield to catch bombs for easy scores. You need a veteran team to do that.
    Q8. They are to hold their positions so if the play comes to them they can make the tackle.
    Q9. Cause the coaches can't teach B&R and M to M. You need athletes to carry that out.
    Q10. Cause the lineman play too close inside? Or the LBs are too slow and weak?
    Q11. The QB can't put the ball on the money.
    Q12. We don't want any Artesticles on our team.
    Q13. Eddie is still thinking about paying taxes on his new contract. His head isn't in the game.
    Q14., 15., 16. and 17. No idea, sorry.
    Q for you. How is it the Bears with rookie Orton at QB are better than us?
  10. jammertime

Nice Answers

Now here is mine for your question:

Better coached, better prepared, better disciplined, better protection, better play calling, better support for their QB, healthier, less consecutive top 10 draft picks at receiver, less suspensions for pot smoking, not managed by Millen, not owned by the Fords.
  11. jammertime

I honestly believe that you could put almost ANY QB in the league on this team, given the exact same circumstances Joey has faced this year (horrible play calling, zero protection, injuries/suspensions, lack of a running game, etc.) and we'd still have a really tough time making the playoffs this season.

A lot (well, most) of the QB's in the league are better the Joey is right now, and we'd probably win a couple more games, but I don't think that a QB change alone would be enough.

Brett Favre and Payton Manning are the only 2 exceptions that I can think of off the top of my head. I think having one of those 2 guys would make the difference.

Even though Brett is nearing the end, there is NO WAY he would stand for the lack of discipline, lack of effort, crappy play calling and rediculous penalties that have plagued the Lions. Guys would be scared not to perform for Brett, coaches included. Manning's raw talent and knowledge of the game would make up for almost everything else. He'd throw the ball at the WR's face mask so they'd have no choice but to hold onto it. They'd be running down the field with the ball stuck right in their face (that would also take care of Mike Williams' fumbling issues).

Tom Brady is a heck of a QB, but his coaches and the system he plays in are a big part of his success. Same goes for Ben Roethlisberger.

McNabb and Vick would add the scrambling aspect, but I don't think that would be enough.

I'm sure I'm going to catch heck for this post, but let me say this in my defence. I would rather have ANY of the guys I just mentioned above as our QB. I'm just saying that I don't think their talent alone would compensate for everything else that is wrong with this organization. Sure they would be an improvement - a BIG improvement, but the QB can only do so much themselves.

Alright, I'm done. Let me have it! :P
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Jamm

First, what does Batman have to do with JamTime? I'm Batman.
    The Bears have stank for years, now they get a good coach and the funk is recideing away. Clue one.
    Yeah, all those QBs would be a help. But Favre would be wise to keep his nose to the off. side of the ball. And speak to the team captain about other areas.
    All that makes sence. Joel hasn't shone the ability to make the big play. Be it play calling or personnel. This aint brain surjery. Move the chains. Period.
    ...I think our Oline is poorly managed. Morris can't get the best players on the field and his center may not know what he's doing.:ohwell: