Lions D-Coordinator Vows to Stay Aggressive

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

From the Detroit News:

Henderson won't back down

That's good, considering in past years, the defense was one of the best looking things the team put on the field. Defense and special teams.
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We have to be able to put pressure on the QB. Our secondary is really suspect.

With Big Daddy out and Cody in, we might see a drop off in run D and an increase in QB hurries, knock downs and sacks.

Hopefully Hall can stay healthy and Redding and Edwards can take it to the next level. Especially Edwards, now that he just signed a 5 year contract.
  3. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

They're putting a lot of stock in Edwards, I hope he lives up to it.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

(JULIAN H. GONZALEZ/Detroit Free Press)

What: Lions (1-1 exhibition) at Oakland Raiders (2-0).

• When: 10 p.m. Friday.

Where: McAfee Coliseum.

TV: UPN (Channel 50).

Line: Raiders by 3.

"That's all that I was worried about, it being a competition rather than being political or, 'If you draft a guy that high, you have to play him.' "
    Holt says he has gotten better every year, and he says he is improving in key areas -- reading the quarterback, breaking on the ball, taking better angles.
    "This is a contract year for me," Holt said. "I'm going to come and compete and show my worth to show I'm deserving of being a starter."
    ---------------------------------
    Dude you aint showed me squawt.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I didn't really like the "contract year" talk. A lot of athletes talk like that, and I suppose its only human nature, but I think the player should play as hard in a non-contract year as he does when his deal is about to expire.

I can't stand players - in any sport - that just turn it on and off whenever they feel like it. Vince Carter is a perfect example.