Lions Preseason 2007

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Aug 9, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'll never forget seeing the Honolulu Blue and Silver heading back into the huddle on 3rd and short.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lions 27-Bengals 26...They win after being down by 16 with 6 mins left in the game. Matt Millen did not have to kick the dog or yell at his family tonight. :) .

The Lions amassed 548 yards including 489 in the air but still almost lost due to a couple red zone miscues. Both backup QB's looked a tad better than Kitna. It does look like O'Sullivan can be a keeper IMO, but probably still needs some polishing.

The running game is still be hurt by an inept offensive line, but at least the line has learned how to protect the QB....

Number 1 draft pick Chad Johnson had a couple of nice catches.

Now since I only listened to the game on the radio, can someone who saw the game live or on the tube validate what I heard??:)

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I was following on the gameday live. Judging by what I saw I would support the same thing. Running game was kind of struggling. And there were a couple of mistakes that almost cost Lions the game. What I like is that this team may actually be a bit deeper than previous versions.

4. roscoe36

I'm watching the delayed telecast DRE!!!!!

lol

O'Sullivan is pretty darn good. Shades of Don Majkowski.

5. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

*Calvin Johnson

Don't worry you'll see him in the Sportscenter highlights throughout the season, I watched 3 years of him at Tech... he will be a legend

...Wait were you talking about Cinnci's Chad Johnson... Mohawk Chad?

6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did the Lions really win? I was watching the game on tape delay at my dad's house but decided to leave just after the start of the 4th because it was looking like things were over and about 75% of the guys left playing won't make the team anyway.

7. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

You better believe it, Denver tried to comeback and retake the lead when it was 26 to 27. The missed a 48 yard attempt, time ran out, game over... What theatrics

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oops you are right DD, I called him him Chad instead of Calvin...but you said Denver instead of Cincinati ...so we are eevn there.:)

Roscoe, I saw some of the replay on the NFL network but tuned in too late, but will catch it in it's entirety when I review the Tivo of Friday afternoons replay.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

In many ways, it was the same old Lions. Nice to see a COMEBACK victory. We rarely do things like that. We never comeback. We rarely get victories. To see both at the same time was real nice. When both team's first string players were in the game, we were being handled by an 8-8 team. We got a lot of passing yards, but their defense was ranked 30th last season. Our defense did not look solid, and most of our new acquisitions did not look good, except for O'Sullivan. After one game, still looks like a losing season.

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I know it is kind of early, but if first quarter is any indicator I'd have to agree. The comeback happened when the 3-rd stringers were in the game, some of which won't even make the final cut.

11. roscoe36

Whoever the announcers were on TV last night, they were horrible. The colour man kept referring to JT O'Sullivan as "TJ" and the straight man kept making all of these comparisons, like the endzone catch 2nd TD, they started comparing it to Montana's famous, "the catch" to Dwight Clark.

Utter foolishness.

I miss Mark Champion.

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My son and I were at this game last night. It was great fun. When the Bengals intercepted and took a 16-point lead, about 3/4 of the fans had left Ford Field. As the Lions were coming back, the remaining fans had a blast. It looked to be a typical Lions loss when Graham kicked the field goal at the final horn, but somehow it missed. Maybe this is the Lions' year. :pound:

As we walked over to Ford Field before the game, Curtis Granderson stepped out onto the sidewalk right next to us. We shook his hand and he signed autographs for us. He then talked with us for about a half-block walk to the Lions game. He was awesome. Verlander and Tata also walked over to catch the Lions game.

Other notes: The Lions defense is going to be terrible this year (worst in the NFL). Calvin Johnson is awesome. Johnson, Roy Williams and Mike Furrey are going to be a fun trio to watch.

13. roscoe36

Thanks for the report William. Don't forget Shaun MacDonald!

14. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Thanks alot. And I was going to give pf.com props from the booth next game.

15. roscoe36

Change your name to Mark Champion, and all is forgiven. :)

16. jammertime

If you were watching it on channel 50 the colour man was none other then former Lion "great" Erik Kramer.

17. roscoe36

Man, I loved Erik Kramer. I'm burning my jersey tonight.

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That is hilarious. When we watched it live at Ford Field, my son said that the play reminded him of "the catch". It was strikingly similar the way the receiver came out of nowhere to grab the ball in the back of the end zone. Of course, the stakes were a tad different...

19. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Eric Kramer Was the QB for the ONLY Lion playoff victory in the last 50 years. His bronze statue is next to Wayne Fontes in the "Lions HOF"

20. jammertime

Not only that, he actually compared O'Sullivan himself to Joe Montana. Granted, he did say that he wasn't implying that he has the same talent as Montana, but he said that O'Sullivan reminded him of a young Montana.

I remember it perfectly because I was sitting there watching it with my dad and brother and as soon as he started saying "He reminds me...." I KNEW that the next words out of his mouth were going to be "of a young Joe Montana". I mean, it's the Lions that we're talking about here. Don't ALL of our players look like Hall of Famers when it doesn't count?