Lions @ Steelers - Last game of the season

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Dec 28, 2005.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Please let it end. The Steelers pretty much own the Lions and a lot of other teams. Excellant football org. and remains competitive even without big money for signing FAs. Always a strong Dee and running game. Always deep at LB.
    We saw the Steelers whip the Bears with a good ground game. 21 to 9 at Pitt. This final score could be 42 to 3. But my Lions are still playing tough. I think they like DJ and like playing for him. If Joel plays he gets sacked 5 times and throws 3 Ints. It will take some special coaching just to stay in the game. 6 down linemen anyone?:frusty: :ohwell: :confused: :doh:
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No doubt. I really want to see JoJo do well. He might have some trade value then. Best case scenario, this bad season ends on a better note and we have some optimism for next year.

I think Joey can be a decent QB in this league if the other pieces are in place. Brett Favre is the perfect example of an elite QB on a bad team, unable to make much of a difference. This whole team needs an attitude adjustment and to take the escalator up the learning curve.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

How many games do you think Bret could have won with this team?
  4. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I think the attitude with Brett would have been different he commands respect.Would it have made the line block better or recievers catch better and run better routes?Who knows but I think he could have got us a couple more wins at least.
  5. roscoe36

I think with Brett we would have seen 8-8. Is that really an improvement? Worse draft position and still no playoffs.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'd go nine. We had a lot of close calls.
  7. roscoe36

Optimist. Brett plays with a lot of freedom in Green Bay. He's said it himself that he doesn't want to go elsewhere and have to learn a new team, system, coaching staff etc.

Steelers by 14.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What did you think of the 2 tightend O we used against Saints. Better than WCO?
    If we don't shut down their run game Steelers by 21.
    Steelers rush for 160 yards. Ouch!!
  9. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I've said it before... and now I'll say it again...

We need a coach who will adjust his offense to the personel and not the other way around.

What do you guys think about converting Mike Williams to TE? I think it would be a good move. He doesn't have the speed to burn corners, but his size would be a big benefit against SS's. And he's got hands too, or at least he's supposed to right?

I would really like to see the core of the offense come back with a new coach, and a new system. I mean can we get anymore disapointed? I think not. I'd like to see the guys that we've been pulling for get at least one more shot with a decent coach. Play black and blue football.

As much as Millen sucks, he built this team in the image of what he thinks football should be, hard nosed, chippy, take a shot if you've got it. And the hiring of Mooch makes no sense at all, taking that into account.
  10. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Farve needs to call it quits. Then I won't have to hear about his personal drama, and all of the other crap that the media thinks we care about.

I mean I'm a fan of Michigan sports, I'm not from the UP.
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Lions fighting Steelers like pros. 21 to 28 3rd q. several O sets. All of our LB starters are out. Eddie has lost it. The contract must to have went to his head.
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What contract? He signed a 1 year restricted free agent qualifying offer after holding out for part of training camp because he wanted a long term deal - which he never got.

If anything, that should have given him motivation to do well this year, he was playing for a contract. After his performance (or lack there of) this season, I'd be surprised if the Lions offered him anything more than a 1 year deal for near the league minimum. Assuming they don't just let him go as a free agent, which I hope they do.

I agree with you about the LB's though. They've been DECIMATED by injury this year. The Lions top 5 LB's are all on IR. The Lions just aren't a good enough team to over come the injuries they've had on D this year.

In the secondary, they lost Bryant early, Bly missed several games, Goodman has been in and out and Holt has been out for several weeks.

Linebackers: Holmes, Bailey, Lehman, Rainer, Lewis all out and have been for some time.

The D front 4 have been the healthiest unit, but they suck.

A team like the Patriots have been able to do well despite all of their injuries, a team like the Lions needs all the help they can get, and they haven't gotten it this year. From injuries to playcalling to coaching to preperation to infighting to backstabbing. This team is a joke.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They'll probably keep DJ. We actually looked like a team there for a half. Last year someone was saying we should draft Mathis as a returner/wr. I was like, no, Eddie is the man. Mathis has 2 KOs for TDs. I'd keep RDub as a returner. That's it. Our CBs are so small an unathletic its ridiculous. The only LB i like is Boss.
  14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

just wanted to say nice call :)
  15. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

I think Brett Would have punched Roy Williams and Drew Bly in the mouth. Lions 9-10
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Starov, moving BMW to TE was one of the options in the Lion poll. How come you didn't vote?
  17. roscoe36

Supes doesn't believe in democracy. He's a marxist. ;)

Joey looked good. Good enough to stay? Would it be a mistake to turn over Dickie J?

Trade Dre Bly.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i still think BMW can do more than just be a stud tight end...he woulda gone #1 the year before and i think he just needs a hardass coach to whip him into shape

i don't want jauron as coach, although i don't mind the playcalling of olson one bit (and after they did so well last year, why did they not stick with him to start this year).
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If Joey does stay, cut his pay. Backup material. What do we have to lose with DJ? I say let him stay for a couple years. Our D was on the verge of being good. Then one by one starters droped out.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Draft

If the Lions had lost that previous game vs the Saints, then they would have had the number two pick instead they have to rely on Millen to make a decent pick at number 9. :frusty: