Lions @ Vikings - 2007 - Week 13 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by jammertime, Nov 29, 2007.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Can the Lions stop the bleeding? The Lions are on a 3 game losing streak while the underwhelming Vikings are coming off a 41-17 dismantling of the Giants.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

This one is up in Minnesota where the Lions haven't won in forever. The Lions are good at maintaining losing streaks. Witn Peterson scheduled to come back, I look for the Lions to continue their downward spiral. The players haven't built up enough positive mojo and losing is starting to rear its ugly head again. Vikings 27 - Lions 21...........
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is exactly what the Lions needed....Nemo to pick them to lose. Thanks!!
  4. jammertime

Love the new avatar! :pound:
  5. jammertime

These guys are pathetic. Same old story. Can't block on O and can't tackle on D.

Marinelli talks and talks about "fundamentals" all the time. Well I consider tackling and blocking to be pretty fundamental to football.

The Lions take HORRIBLE angles on D and special teams EVERY SINGLE TIME!! It's absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. That has nothing to do with talent. Even the worst player in the league could be more effective than these losers simply by playing the angles. USE THE FREAKING SIDELINE. Force the runner out of bounds, funnel the player towards the help, don't take such a sharp angle, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....

Instead, the Lions over pursue and take themselves out of position.

How many times have you seen the opponent go untouched into the end zone this season?

It has happened twice today alone. Peterson ran untouched for 16 yards and then they had a 106 yard kickoff return virtually untouched again.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE FROM AN NFL TEAM!!!

I'm officially done with this team this season. I felt several weeks ago that they wouldn't win another game this year.

I can handle losing - heck, I'm a Lions fan, I'm used to it. What kills me is the horrible execution. I'm not even as upset about the blocking as I am about the tackling on D and special teams. At least with the blocking, it's because they just aren't good enough, fast enough or strong enough. But the tackling, that's just because they're stupid.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Knowing the Vikes have owned us for 25 years, it safe to say they are a better organization.
  7. Nemo

Vikings have improved since our first meeting. Their QB looks better and Petersen was the draft pick the Lions shoulda made. 35-10 at halftime. Wonder what Wayne Fontes is doing these days?? :)
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Glad I didn't see or hear this one...agree that Lions, like the Pistons did a few dark years ago, went with the wrong guy for the second overall pick. I never saw anything special about Kevin Jones in his first couple of seasons, injured or not. Peterson would have been the choice if I had been the GM... Yeah we can blame it on the line again, but I still think even with a soft line, he would get more than the 23 yards that Duckett and Jones got today...

The Lions will go from a 6-2 team to either a 6-10 or 7 - 11 and wacthing the from the sidelines AGAIN during post season. Please Millen>>> draft defense first and then at least two offenseive line men, cause the guys you got ain't cuttin it..
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ok, but you still have to make the game threads! :)
  10. jammertime

Who am I kidding. I'm not going anywhere. I'm a glutten for the Lions' punishment. It's the same darn thing every year. I get my hopes up, then the Lions beat the crap out of me. At least this year my hopes managed to stay up beyond the first game of the season.

Don't worry, the game threads are my therapy couch! :MusicBigGrin:
  11. Nemo

If the Lions go 7-11, that means we have to endure 18 games.
    I couldn't stand that.......:)
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i woke up at 2:30 PM, saw the lions were down 28-10, and went back to bed

sad
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

oops 7-9 ..I must have been thinking about a Big Gulp at the time:). No Roy Williams for the rest of the season so at least he doesn't have to be blamed for those next four losses...:sssh::)
  14. Nemo

When the Lions got to 6-2, I saw very few people have the confidence to give them 10 wins this season. Now Kitna and others are looking like baffoons for going out on a limb. The team not only lost on Sunday, they quit trying. That's the mark of a losing team and the calling card for the Lions these last seven seasons. With Green Bay, Dallas, at San Diego, and the Chiefs at home, they only have one possible victory left. The Chiefs are 4-8 and the Lions should be competitive against them. If we lose our last four............the blame should be places on management and Millen on down should be replaced. Win against KC and Ford will be happy with a 7-9 record since it signifies the first non double digit losing season since Millen's arrival. Either way, the season looks horrible, based on our finish.........................:)
  15. Nemo

I just realized something. The Lions last won it all some 50 years ago, back when I was in diapers. Probably wont win it again til I'm in DIAPERS again.........Good Grief..........:)
  16. jammertime

Well hurry up and lose control already!
  17. Nemo

:pound::pound::p_welldone::cheerlie-GOAL:
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

When everyone says Martz playcalling is bad I have to agree. This is the same thing he did in the SBowl, tried to take what he wanted instead of what was being given. I still say keep Martz and the D asst. head coach.
    Did the team go bad when Kitna started getting goofy?