Lions vs Bears Week 4 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by jammertime, Sep 23, 2007.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Sounds like there's more Bear fans than Lion fans at Ford.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's normal. I remember going to games in Pontiac and the stadium would be half Bears fans. It was really depressing when the Lions would be down because you had to watch them flounder and get heckled by the guy and his family one row down.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

They better overturn this. He picked the ball with his feet in the end zone and they blew the play dead.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Chicago 20, Detroit 17 Preview - Box Score - GameChannel - Recap

[​IMG](1-2)
    1234Total Chicago 076720 11:40 Detroit [​IMG] 3001417 4th 1st-10, Detroit 32 J. Kitna passed to R. Williams to the left for 7 yard gain [​IMG](2-1)
    / Box Score Play by PlayDrive Log
    Page Refresh: Off | 30 seconds | 60 seconds
    Scoring SummaryCHI - DET 1st Quarter 10:05 DETFGJason Hanson kicked a 49-yard field goal0 - 3 2nd Quarter 4:16 CHITDBrian Griese passed to Muhsin Muhammad down the middle for 15 yard gain (Robbie Gould made PAT)7 - 3 3rd Quarter 5:08 CHIFGRobbie Gould kicked a 49-yard field goal10 - 3 0:49 CHIFGRobbie Gould kicked a 41-yard field goal13 - 3 4th Quarter 14:56 DETTDJon Kitna passed to Shaun McDonald to the right for 4 yard gain (Jason Hanson made PAT)13 - 10 13:14 DETTDKeith Smith intercepted Brian Griese for 64 yards (Jason Hanson made PAT)13 - 17 12:57 CHITDDET kicked off, Devin Hester returned kickoff for 97 yards (Robbie Gould made PAT)20 - 17
    Team Statistics
    I stole this from Yahoo.
    They take the lead then give up the Return TD...nuts.
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Going to Pontiac is depressing.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seems like there were more Wolverine fans in Illinois yesterday than Northwestern fans, so it equals out when the cities are that close together.

How bout them 3-1 Lions?? Set NFL record by scoring 34 points in the 4th quarter. This game was not really won until deep into the 4th on that on side kick TD by the Lions Fitzsimmons.

Kitna went 20-24 and 247 yards but still need to get that ground game running and shore up that secondary.

The Lions frontline defense did force some fumbles, hurries, sacks and INTs so there is a possibility that the Lions could finish over .500...and maybe get those 10 wins???

Griese threw for 286 yards and I am not sure if Grossman would not have done that well so Lovie should probably stick with him. When is the last time the Superbowl loser made the playoffs??
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, I just got home from work and saw that the Lions won!

Just looking at the box score and some things stood out:

- 34 fourth Q points by the Lions?!?

- Casey Fitsimmons kickoff return for a TD?!?!?!?!?!?!?! (that's more than Eddie Drummond had all last season by the way)

- DeVries had a MONSTER game with 5 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 FFs

- Roy Williams with yet another turnover, keeping him right on his average of 1 per game this season.

I wasn't even able to record the game because it wasn't on satellite in my area, and I know that the box scores can be deceiving. What did I miss?
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

How about that 3-1.

I am debating on whether to go to the Skins/Lions game next week even if I do get free tickets.

Redskins fans can be annoying as hell, can I get an Amen D4E and Armygirl? On second thought, if the tickets come through, I`ll be there.

I would love for them to beat the Skins, however, I don`t see it happening.
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Fitsimmons return was of an onside kick with less than a minute to go just after the Bears scored a TD to make it 30-27.

The last 2-3 minutes of the game seemed like it took a half hour. They reviewed EVERYTHING.
  10. Dlev59

One thing that really stands out thus far about this Lions team; they would be 0-4 or 1-3 in past seasons, at this point.

They are actually winning games they usually lose!
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

They are learning how to win. They aren't winners yet. I'll take it.
  12. jammertime

I agree. I'm not ready to reserve my Super Bowl tickets, but I feel like they're FINALLY heading in the right direction.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Was the Fitz return planned? Or did he get a lucky caroom?
    It's over Bears !!!
  14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Darn. Never mind. I must be wrong. :pound:
  15. jammertime

:gun1::gun1::gun1:
  16. detteam

detteam All-Star

Talk about lucky caroms...the kick ended up bouncing off Adrian Peterson's helmet.
  17. Dlev59

That`s exactly my point.

For the last few years it would have been..........off the goal post, between someones legs, off a shoulder pad..............Touchdown the opposition!!!!
  18. jammertime

Random stuff from the game:

- Looks like George "False Start" Foster was finally benched during this game. He was replaced in the 2nd Q after his man was left unguarded for a sack and after "earning" his SEVENTH false start penalty in less than 3 and a half games.

- Jeff Backus got the start today despite pulling a muscle in his rib in last week's game. It was Backus' 100th consecutive NFL start. While not a star, Backus is a solid LT and 100 consecutive starts - especially on this team - is impressive.
    - WR Troy Walters got some PT due to the injury to Calvin Johnson and caught his first career TD in the game. The catch was originally called out of bounds but was reversed after the Lions challenged.
    - The successful challenge on Walters' TD was the first challenge win on the season. They are now 1 for 6 on the season in challenges. They are also 0-2 in calling for a challenge when they should have when the other team hurried to the line just to call a spike so that the Lions couldn't eventually call for a challenge after the woke up. (as far as I know, that isn't an actual stat that is recorded by the league, so it's an "unofficial jammer stat")

I liked Marinelli's response.
    - Good news Lions fans. Matt Millen isn't going anywhere. Today's game was his 100th at the helm of this team. His record is a glowing 27-73. [SARCASM]Hard to fire a guy with stats like that.[/SARCASM]
    - Shaun Rogers got the 11th blocked kick of his career in today's game. I'm not sure what the league record is, but I'd imagine that he has to be close. Anyone know?

- LB Ernie Sims got the first INT of his career.

- Mike Furrey caught 5 passes for a team high 91 yards in the game. Furrey has 5 catches in each of the Lions' 4 games this season.

- Shaun McDonald caught his 3rd TD pass of the season, which ties his career high

- Kevin Jones has scored a TD in both games he has played in since returning for injury

MLive.com: Everything Michigan
  19. jammertime

It has already been mentioned that the Lions set an NFL record by scoring 34 points in the fourth quarter. The teams also set a record in today's game with 48 combined points in the fourth quarter.

Going into today's game with the Bears' horrible offense and the Lions' "suspect" (I'm being nice) defense - especially after last weeks game - who would have ever thought that these teams would have set 2 league scoring records?!?!
  20. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Whatever records they broke or not is not important. They won a game, so there's something positive. But they have to win a few more before anyone can say that they're turning the corner.