Lions vs Vikings - Dec 10 2006

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by jammertime, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Re: [Yahoo! Sports] Vikings 30, Lions 20 (AP)

This is a mess. Fire everybody. This team is worse than it ever has been. Marinelli can not coach and can't manage a game. Millen can't draft the right players or hire the right coaches. The fans are lemmings for going week after week supporting this crap!!
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Marinelli is getting annihilated in the post game presser.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Who here didn't think Pinnerjoint could play?
    The Lions are haunted!!!
    wwwwwwwwwoooooooooo!
  4. Winless Wonders

He should get annihilated. Kitna blows!!! This team is regressing they are getting worse each week. The fumbles and the turnovers are ridiculious. Going for it on 4th down with the Lions being down 10 with and Kevin Jones just getting carried of the field was dumb. He should have kicked the field goal then they could have tried to get the ball back to try to tie. Then he burns a time out with 2:02 on the clock just before the 2min warning. Why would you do that?? Save that time out let the clock run to the 2min warning so you can stop the clock twice with your 2 remaining timeouts.
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Hold up, this can`t be right. I am reading the box score for the game and it says the Lions had 9 rushes for -3 yards.

Somebody please tell me I am an idiot and reading it wrong, or it`s a misprint or something................OMG!!!!!!!
  6. Winless Wonders

Nope it is correct. 9 rushes -3 yards oh and the 6 turnovers is not a misprint either. Does anybody have an Artose Pinner Avatar??? LOL!!! He is the next Ruben Droughns.:stirthepot:
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

By the box, Jones was 9 rushes for -3. Arlen Harris had 1 carry for 0 yards. So the Lions were actually 10 rushes for -3 yards...the line just sucks.

The way this team is headed, the head coach will soon be the highest paid person on the team...because no one will want to coach the Lions under Millen, Lewand, and the Fords.

Again...there is a bright side. Did anyone else notice the many thousands of empty seats at kickoff? Lost revenue is the only thing that will get the Fords attention.

I propose a complete fan boycott of the last home game against Chicago. I don't care how much of a diehard Lions fan you are...NO ONE can possibly take any pleasure or see any entertainment value in going to a Lions game or even watching it on TV. It's up to the fans to make the Fords sado-masochistic play toy unprofitable for them and FORCE them to sell the team.
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, I noticed that. But the problem is, those were paid seats that people just decided not to fill. In order to truelly make a point, people need to stop BUYING tickets.
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

But empty seats are good none-the-less:

1) those no shows may reconsider buying season tickets next year
    2) Ford Field is losing a lot of parking and concession revenue
  10. jammertime

I do agree that its better than nothing, but I think it'll take something more drastic than paying for seats and not showing up to turn this franchise around.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nice analogy. Instead of buying a butt plug, they bought the Lions to fill that same void.
  12. jammertime

Wow, you sure called that one Jammer.
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Now don't go knockin yourself over pattin yourself on the back :MusicBigGrin: Does anyone recall any ex-Lion to ever have had a bad game when returning to face his old sandbox buddies?

LMAO...you said it much more eloquently :pound: