Lost in the Shuffle on the Road to Mediocrity

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Over the past two seasons, Maxiell has seems to hit that mid-range baseline jumper with better accuracy. But, I can't find any stats to support that.

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Max is worth about 1/5 of what he's making.
    If we could re-up him for around 1 mil per year for 3 years, I'm down for that.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds like a 4-year deal for $26 million to me...

Nemo likes this.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

1/5 of what Max is making is Festus Ezeli territory. He ain't that bad. Compared to other big man out there, his contract is not that bad. A little overpriced maybe, but it ain't bad. BoT on the other hand...

5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think Festus is prolly good for 6 ppg if he got 20 minutes a night.
    Max is 1 million per year guy in my book unless he decides to eat a lot more babies.

6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

We all know JD's biggest flaws. The real point is how Gores understands, that as the league becomes composed of those newly acquired slave contracts for signed rookies (starting in late teens): how does does the organization nurture the utmost in developing and adapting talent?

Soon (let us all hope) that he will run-out-of-space in letting the draft pick order do his picking. This means the effervescence of his limited capacity to under a different generation, will be so obvious to Gores (which might be another problem), that a systems approach via institutional understanding, will give hope for some Michigan State perceptions. Or was the latter's fortune, merely luck.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I always felt that MSU was good at building the puzzle.
    Izzo takes the pieces he has and forces them together........
    Sometimes his picture is better than the one on the box.

I think talent is developed and nurtured in the NBA by mixing the right ingredients.............and then adding good stories to the mix.

8. pass99

Somehow, the number 29,

Put simply (my problem, and not yours): I am not high on these two mixing and understanding the flow of the game. One or the other does not understand that the jitterbug dance is fine between two partners, but this leaves out the other three. Just no upstairs connection. Not only a huge lacking of the mental aspect, but does either one of them understand the power of the 15 foot circle and how true PG seems to always split it four ways?

9. pass99

His picture is always better than the one on the box, because it must mix reality and creativity at the same time. It is a one time mix and one adapts thereafter...just like our lives. In moments of interesting contemplation, certain evolutionary aspects are series of short ends for the longer pathway and even Stephen Jay Gould, was being thoughtfully playful about running the film backward.

Nemo and roscoe36 like this.
  10. max

max All-Star

I don't know. Knight could improve into a nice point and then again he may not. Part of what makes things interersting as a fan?

11. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

If the picture was even clear at this point I think we can all agree that the starters would be unconventional in most peoples eyes. I think to some degree the success we have will be paramount to the understanding that the players will come to realize. If at any point in the process we deviate from the plans that were set in stone eons ago than we will have to face to consequences of unilateral movement from the front office and succumb to the fate of a lesser team. Bacon.