1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Maggette has Michigan Ties

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

If Maggette is brought in it likely means someone is on the way out. Not sure if RIP an Maggette can co-exist. They have a little rivalary between the two of them. So that will be something to keep an eye on.

Maggette helps our team if he is our 6th man in the back court with Stuckey or if Tay comes off the bench with Stuckey. Either way I think we are a better team. Tay coming off the bench may be what he needs because he would become the first or second option on the offense. If Maggette is the guy coming off the bench then he would be the first option.

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Some times I worry that Joe is too focused on finding another diamond-in-the-rough, ala Ben. Since he got Dice (successfully gambling on an all-star knee), he's brought in nothing but scrubs on a hope-and-a-prayer his franchise could shine them up a bit. Ben, Rip & CB got polished by Carlilse & LB. Flip polished nothing in Minni or here.

Now we have Curry in his first year head coaching. To me, his tasks/challenges are daunting: get rid of the switch mentality of the starters and further develop the promising 'old' draftees (Amir, Afflalo & Stuckey). And he has to do it under the expectations of a franchise that has been to six straight ECFs. Curry's got a lot on his plate.

Who knows if Joe was serious about his "no sacred cows" reference to starter trades...I'm starting to doubt it. No matter any trades...Joe better strive to get one of the best MLE's available (Maggette, Posey, Pietrus, etc) to help take some of the load off his fledgling head coach. The Pistons cannot go forward with another Jarvis Hayes deal.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

In a perfect world Maggette is a perfect fit, but the reality is that he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Not enough shots or minutes for Maggette in Motown. Let him go to SA.

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I disagree.

We can`t assume a players strength and weaknesses will be the same on a different team surrounded by different talent and under a different coach.

How do we know Maggette needs the ball in his hands to be effective in the EC? With teamates like Rip, or Sheed, or Stuckey will he really need the ball in his hands, all the time, to be effective? If he does need the ball in his hands and can avg 22 points, then give him the ball!

I understand we have to judge players on their past perfomance but under different circumstances players do adjust to new teams and flourish while doing so. A number of NBA players have done so.

5. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Yo Dre- Good points. Barring a trade that alters the landscape of the conference-----If Maggette joins Boston or Cleveland and we get a bag of chips instead players who can score, defend, and get to the rack then we are in very bad shape.

Maggette isn't the answer to our problems given our current roster, but maybe we try to sign him to stymie our rivals.

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

All very good points. I give this post two thumbs up!

7. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I live in Imlay City and think I remember reading something about this a while back. They took an old corn field and turned it into a baseball/soccer complex. It is still being finished but they are playing ball there. Imlay City had quite a good team this year.

8. coynejeremy

Wow. Armygirl nailed it.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow. You noticed that she nailed it like a half year later.

10. coynejeremy

I'm real subtle like that.

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I still don't see why we traded a first round pick for Maggette. Maybe it's because he has Michigan ties?

12. coynejeremy

Now this makes sense. Joe thought he was getting a man with Michigan ties.
    [​IMG]

That darn Michael Jordan!