Magic may offer Hill a Buyout

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Feb 24, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Orlando Magic's latest rebuilding plan that claimed veteran guard Steve Francis on Wednesday might claim veteran forward Grant Hill, who could be offered a buyout by the club.

That would mean Hill could retire or play for another team that might be in better position to win.

The Magic owe Hill $16.9 million next season, the last year of his original seven-year, $91 million contract.

"I'm not sure Grant would want to be a part of the way this is going to go,'' a Magic official said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-grant2306feb23,0,2081341.story?coll=orl-magic
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'd pick up Hill in a heartbeat.
  3. max

max All-Star

Absolutely. That would be something. Hill finishing his career here on the cheap.

This rebuilding mode will bode well for us with that pick. Does not look like they will make the playoffs anytime soon. It may get to the point though where they could be bad enough to actually pick within 5 in 07. 08 is of course unrestricted. They do have Howard who could be good enough to keep them afloat. We will see
  4. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

As a Piston fan, I would dearly love to have Grant Hill finish his career here if he is offered a buyout by the Magic. I saw him play the game before last, and then tonight, and he is playing GREAT!!

Of course, we know his health problems but over the rest of the year and in the playoffs, he would seriously put us over the hump. We would not need another guard or small forward fill-in.

He would be so much better than anyone like Spree or anyone else whose name has been bandied -about on this board, and would be retiring soon so he would not stand in the way of Delfino or the rookies' progress.

I hope he does not take a buyout because he would be a big help to Darko's development, but after all, he could mean another bling for the Pistons. If he comes up, GRAB HIM, Joe.
  5. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Me, too. He messed up his foot here by playing on it when he shouldn't have--too much heart. When he was taken out of the game on the injury night, I remember him springing to his feet on a great play by a teammate, wincing and limping upon doing so, but still cheering his guys.

Grant was and is a class act.:nod: