Manu Ignores Pistons As Title Contenders

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 7, 2005.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Fine with me

I personally hope everyone overlooks the Pistons this year. They play better with a chip on their shoulder.
  3. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

I didn't get that impression at all from this story. No need to be hypersensitive. I'm sure Manu knows Detroit's a threat.
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Are you sure he's talking about title contenders, or about how drastically miami changed, and how the Spurs just added players.
  5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I'm enraged at this obvious diss.

Now I'm gonna stand outside & flip off all the drivers who don't wave to me. :mad:
  6. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Hehe

Boy, everybody's really playing this chip-on-the-shoulder thing. There is really no need to be overly sensitive. And if Manu did disrespect us, then I guess we'll just have to our trophy back this year. :nod:
  7. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

Too sensetive

So what's the big deal Buddha, I just didn't read that as a diss or blast of the Pistons at all. You may be reaching for straws on this one my friend... Sounds more like he was simply stating that miami made more additions than they did, nothing deragatory about the Detroit Pistons in my book.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I read the pertinent part of the article a few times to see where you were coming from. On the third or fourth time I did see why you took it like you did, but I still don't agree that it was meant as a diss to Detroit. I'd just take what he said at face value and not dig to deep in this case.

I thought he was saying that other people believed these things because of the roster changes but that if that was truly the case (that roster additions=championship), they should be saying Miami will win and not San Antonio. (The Pistons made few changes so why even mention them in this context). He wasn't saying he believed it himself, IMO. I thought he was saying that returning the core is what counts, but that additions are helpful.
  9. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Spurs KNOW Pistons will be team to beat

I agree with Darth, what Manu said was not a diss to Pistons.

How would you read what Pop said? (SA Express News Buck Harvey 10/4/05 If Van Exel is another Horry: Deep in daring)

"The Spurs got some breaks last year. Everyplayoff series came down to a sequence or two, whether in overtime against Denver or a Duncan shot that eliminated Seattle.

And we really kicked Detroit's rear end, didn't we?" Popovich said sarcastically.

Pop wasn't dissing Pistons, he was dissing Spurs. Operative words "really" and "sarcastically". Like that answer would be: "Yeah, really, I don't think so" Spurs knew how close they came to losing, fans knew how close they were to losing. They played a great team and got some breaks. And that's a fact.

SPURS/PISTONS 2006
  10. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

LanierFan

LMAO....Man I got a good laugh out of that!
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ummm...yeah

even if he did say it, guess what? ..they got the title-he can say what he wants!

and where da helkl did my smiley go,bruddas??
  12. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Ditto...

Yup, and they do know we're gonna be leading the pack that will go after them this year. :nod:
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2 and a half days until we start proving the world wrong...again.