March MADNESS 2008

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by detteam, Mar 17, 2008.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:Thanks for the good karma.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Memphis had this game and the FT shooting came back to haunt them in the end. Chris Douglas-roberts, the guy from Nortwestern HS in Detroit missed 3 key free throws down the stretch and freshman Rose missed 1. Then the Tigers failed to foul a Jayhawk player in the last 10 seconds while protecting a 3 point lead.

To top it off Memphis scores 3 FT the last 2 mins and no FG's while the Jayhawks go on an 18-3 run to take over the game and win in OT

Good game though and a lot a good athletes on both teams.
  3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That sure was an exciting finish! Memphis gagged it away, but how clutch was Kansas...they made some COLOSSAL shots in the final two minutes in the biggest stage of them all. It was an amazingly impressive performance down the stretch by them.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I knew Kansas can do it.
  5. LA Dre

Some Tiger team had to lose on Monday and since the Detroit Tigers had the day off the Memphis Tigers had to suffer that fate..

I think Derrick Rose attempted to foul the guy with the ball coming down the floor, but the refs who missed a ton of fouls in that game swallowed their whistles & ignored it and let the guy who received the pass shoot...which would have been the right thing to do, but unfortunately for the Tigers the three ball went in..after than everybody in america knew that the Kansas momentum would carry them to the victory in OT

Rose is a freshman...if they had won, he probably would have gone pro and I think Riles would have taken him over Beasley.....all the heat needed was Rose, Marion and Wade...and Shaq may have considered coming back:)
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Memphis seemed confused on that last play. Calipari said afterwards that they were trying to foul, but as KU's point guard brought it up the floor and drove to the right, Rose briefly held his arms up to indicate to the refs that he wasn't trying to foul.

Dre, you don't think Rose is coming back to school for another year, do you? Everyone is expecting him to turn pro. He's pretty much a lock to go either #1 or #2 overall in the draft, with Beasley being the other potential top pick.
  7. LA Dre

My buddy thinks that Rose will go now and he is afraid he will fall to someone in the east like Miami or Milwaukee and terrorize the east not next year but at least from 2010 to 2015!! I know he is point guard, but I would trade Rip and our # 1 to get him and move CB to the 2
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Perrrrfect...I came in dead last. Whose idea was this anyway? ;)
  9. LA Dre

Mikhail was the only one of us in bracketology PF group to pick Kansas and of course he won the whole darn thing>>> Congrats Mikey

If memphis had won, Coynejeremey would have won our tourney with 145 points and I would have finished second with 127. Instead I had to settle for 5th place with my 101..
  10. mikhail1973

Kansas had the highest calculated probability to win and wasn't a popular pick, so I was somewhat gambling on their winning since I knew that it would be nearly impossible to do good otherwise. Actually, I thought it was over when I saw the score scrolling and Memphis was up 8 in the 2nd half.
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good job Mikhail!
    I just checked and saw that you blew out the competition.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And on the other side...

Go Lady Vols!!

Congratulations!
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Welcome to my world.
  14. LA Dre

Yep Candace Parker gets another championship last night and was just selected #1 by the LA Sparks ...That means not only a possible return to the finals for the Sparks as she teams up with Lisa Leslie. But expect her to show up on a few TV shows too since she is now in Hollywood. The endorsements are endless...I want to introduce her to my son who is the same age as her to capitalize on the mula but at 6'4, she is 2 inches taller than him and she is already engaged to the Shelden Wiliams of the Sacramento Kings...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

With the 4th pick, the Shock took Alexis Hornbuckle who also shared the back to back championships with Parker at Tennessee. Right on Bill
  15. mikhail1973

Hey, one lucky guess was all it took. :sssh: