Marshon Brooks??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 15, 2011.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

I finally took a closer look at this guy...

He might be the most underrated player in the draft. His offensive game kind of reminds me of...yes...kobe/mj. It's not like he's small either, or unathletic. He's 6-5 with a nice long reach, high release point on his shot. Not like he was playing bums either...led the big east in scoring, second in the nation behind Jimmer my hero. I don't know what it is about these two-guards getting knocked in the draft...but...wade...roy...marshon?

Him and Stuckey might actually look good with eachother in the backcourt...Stuckey driving and dishing...Brooks knocking down shots.

check him out - Marshon Brooks | NBADraft.net
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

So afraid to even consider another 2.....:cold:
  3. buffalowsouljaa

buffalowsouljaa Second Round Draft Pick

This guy is so underrated...I remember he put up 52 against Notre Dame (still lost though)....set a big east record! this guy means buissness
  4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I am loathe to run the course of the *cough* Detroit Lions *cough*...since wing seems to be similar to Wide Receiver.....but I'm completely endorsing drafting for the best player available. Period.

Blue's been laying it down lately.

Joe & Co. better have taken a long hard look at this kid.
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I completely agree.
    We're so far away from the promised land. We need to take the most promising player irregardless of position.

BPA!
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't like the weaknesses..

I'm in favor of taking the best athlete available, but we lacked effective passing last season so don't want to draft anymore ball hogs or over dribblers ala Rip and Tay. As spoken countless times, we got enough guards on the squad, and still have not seen Terrico White yet, so the need for athletic big is the first priority unless there is a legit PG on the board that the first 7 teams pass on.

If Brooks is the best in the second round and we already know for certain that Rip is a goner then Joe should give him a looksy
  7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I personally think we can convince an offensive superstar to trust his teammates easier than we can convince a defensive slouch to move his feet and be aware of his surroundings.

I don't mind a kid not passing as much as I mind a kid not playing defense.

It may just be me...but I have a feeling an "old blood" like you is prone to agree on that point.
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm almost aboard on the BPA but not all the way. The success of a player depends on not only on his talents but also on the environment of where he is being developed, i.e. a guy who turns out great in Indy might not turn out as good in Detroit. My questionmarks are how having our two biggest contracts and our restricted free agent franchise player (at times atleast) on the same position will impact his development? If he is still projected to be the best player with this in mind then I say pick Burks, Brooks, Jimmer or whoever it is. It's not like we are one or two missing pieces away from being contenders, we need to add the most valuable assets possible at this time.
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

So will you be comfortable if a Tony Parker or a Manu Ginobili/Gilbert Arenas type of talent falls to a later pick in the draft just because Joe feels the need to roll the dice on some kind of big man?

You honestly won't be upset later on down the line when a perimeter player ends up being a bona fide star as long as Joe drafted for a "need"?
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Unless you have the top 1-3 talented person at a position on the team already, go for talent always.... most players can go in 2 positions or more, and worse case you have trade bait....

Nobody on this team fits the 1-3 slot... not even close, Monroe may someday be a solid piece of our puzzle... but if the best talent is his clone (but more talented)... I'd say draft the clone.

Now if we had solid players at 4 slots and a hole at one... I'd reach a bit to fill that slot. Thats the only way I'd go that route though.
  11. Mogilny

You misunderstood me, I wrote that he should pick him if he is projected to be the best player available after a few years in the Pistons. I don't care about what position he plays if that is the case.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I don't see him as anymore than bench fodder behind a plethera of other guards on this team...His weaknesses have me concerned to just add another guard to our roster...
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This guy is slotted late in the first round. Pistons would have to trade down (or up with the 2nd pick) to get him.
  14. BillLaimbeer

LOL. Have you seen Stuckey play?
  15. Mogilny

I think he meant Stuckey driving and crashing...
  16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

ahh...gotcha.
  17. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

I don't see the pile up at shooting guard as a problem. Rip we are desperately trying to get rid of as is. Ben is a bench player, and we're trying to get of him too (I think).

C: Monroe, Wallace
    PF: Jerebko, Villanueva, Maxiel
    SF: Daye
    SG: Brooks, Gordon, Hamilton
    PG: Stuckey, Bynum
  18. BillLaimbeer

You want to start a rookie ahead of two shooting guards that are each making $12 million and then start another shooting guard at point guard?
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...not to mention the fact that Terrico White is gonna win ROY!

Remember the good old days when Joe was signing the likes of Smush Parker, Rufus Henry and Horace Jenkins to 10-days because we were so light at guard?
  20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If Marshon Brooks has the potential to be the next Anthony Goldwire, I say we draft him.