1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Master 2010 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Free agent notes: Bell, Dooling, Watson, Brewer, and you - Ball Don't Lie - NBA  - Yahoo! Sports

Joe can change that in a split second.

2. Walter

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Barnes and Ratliff to Lakers.
    Arroyo to Miami.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Miami just got themselves a whole lotta talent!

6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

to be fair I think were seeing a change in the NBA, if there vets there looking at winning titles and not the cash...

If only the players were thinking this way in 2004-2007 we probably could have added to our weak benches and been a better playoff team, of course when were rebuilding and no chance for a title thats when the players do this.

I blame stern in his ever ending way of sticking it to the pistons. :stirthepot:

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds like Dr Barnes is opening up a practice:

Good lookn Kobe? Los Angles? This Tweet deserves its own thread.

8. LA Dre

well at least Barnes and his fiancé can get away from those haters/jealous women on the Basketball Wives reality show down in Orlando and move to LA where they can mix with Lamar and Khloe Kardashian...:)

9. Walter

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

11. Walter

Re: Working towards signing Bynum

Maybe it's a sign & trade deal he's working on.

(probably something like S&T Bynum to NO for Posey)

12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Do we even want Will Bynum for 4 - 5 mil?
    Don't get me wrong, I like Will and I want him as a Piston but is he worth THAT much money to US given our situation?

I read where he was the 26th best Free Agent in this year's class (ahead of some pretty good names too!). Do we NEED to tie up a 5 million dollar slot with Will Bynum?

13. round

I vote no... unless joe signs him with the intention to trade him this year with rip or prince.

folks hated on signing a backup sg last summer while that isn't as much do we really need to start the season with 13 million plus worth of guards starting in there warmups? (Gordon is 8 million right?)

14. LA Dre

NBA Free Agency: The 10 Worst Moves in the Summer of 2010 | Bleacher Report

I guess Joe keeping the check book closed this summer after handing out big checks last summer was the best move??

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I wasn't expecting Joe to ink anyone with the MLE this summer, but I was expecting him to move somebody. The latter has not happened and I'm mentally preparing myself to the idea of the same imbalanced roster coming back this fall, heck I have no choice.P.S. - I still think Wilcox and Rip for Arenas would be a good move.

16. LA Dre

I am still hoping for a trade too before the summer is over and not the third game of the season like it occurred with CB, Dyess and AI. Got to have a new guy in the lineup.

Some vet that can dish the rock or can play D and grab give us 14/9 on a nightly basis would be great:sssh:

17. Brap

Brap Starter

Is there a team in the league that has a legit power forward or center that can play now but who is buried in their rotation, that is short on wing players or guards?

Secondly, is there a a team in the league that has a legit power forward or center prospect but who is buried on their bench, that is short on wing players or guards?

Third, I've been reading that so many teams have room under the cap that expiring contracts this season aren't a particular premium. If so, is there any team in the league who would want an expiring contract this season? (That's a Tay and Wilcox question).

Fourth is there any team in the league who would want an expiring contract the following season? (That's a Rip question).

Those are some of the key questions pointing to Dumars ability to make a trade now or at the deadline - unless, which is entirely possible, that Tay or Rip is the missing link for some championship contender.

18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

we truly need a PG and a C. While there aren't many teams left that look to move their C (after Minny got rid of AJefferson) there should be quite some teams with too many PG's.
    Some time ago the Clippers had too many bigs; but Joe kept waiting just like this year. It doesn't even seem as if he tried (no rumours what so ever).
    But JoeD doesn't seem to realize that Stuckey ain't no PG and he's best when playing the 2. Just remember the short span last season when he got to play the 2 and he showed just how great he can be playing there.

19. Brap

Brap Starter

I still disagree with the POV that says we need another PG.

At the end of the coming season, perhaps I'll be of a different mind, but, right now with the makeup of our team, I think Stuckey and Bynum and hopefully White down the line, will be great for us.

I do buy what Joe says about PG's - that the thinking that a PG needs to be a dribble dribble pass guy is pretty much thinking from 20 years ago. And I think the Pistons with Tay Daye and Monroe are setting themselves up to be the type of team that doesn't need a true point.

I sure hope I'm right, cause if I'm not - we're in deep trouble and we will remain in that doo-doo for a long long time.

20. round

Ok I know its not great but finding a trade that makes sence for all parties that gets rid of what most fans want rid of and at the same time makes some sence to the other team too...

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

we really don't get much in players.... Wallace retires, Perkins is cut and allowed to rehab and resign with Boston (wink wink... nudge nudge....) we get a nice piece in Carl Landry. Sac is a little light at the wing and another piece for Boston to make another run for there window that is being closed by the sec.