Master 2010 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 1, 2010.

1. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Turn the light off, please.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know how anyone can root for the Suns. They make the Pistons ownership look like hyper Mark Cuban's.

They can use a Chris McClonsky type to explain how much better the Suns will be with the Warrick/Frye platoon instead of Stoudamire to their fans. At least you only have to cut your arm off to afford a ticket to a game.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Scoe sleeps right next to a red Batphone that alerts him to important forum news.

[​IMG]
  4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

5. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

That is Dirk's value right NOW..
  6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Statically, I think that the reverse zombie-patch once made the difference.
  7. pass99

8. pass99

Read about the history of his decision toward the organization.

This guy is a class act.

However: don't you love those, however?

You have a cultural bearing with this fellow. The Germans like a certain (I am being kind here) precision of perception. The follow-through is from the development of the process. The latter might follow the sensitive problem of confinement (geographic borders) and to serve becomes an orientation of commitment (beyond the will toward power). All cultures call this (as an in-house form: what color of boot upon the neck) ideology.

Understand this: it becomes a form of life blood.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like the Knicks have grabbed one big named FA...will Lebron follow? He is expected back to NYC Wednesday night

NBA.com: Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sooo Stat agrees to terms with the Knicks. JJ, Dirk and Gay are all locked up too. Nice to see that GM's and other players are not going to do EVERYTHING contingent upon Lebron. That leaves, LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Boozer and Lee left on the table. I think Wade and LBJ land on different teams with a PF along for good company. Chi will be the big winner at the end of the day.
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder if Stat signing with the Knicks makes Lee expendable? If it does, I wonder how we can expenditate him since we don't have the cap to sign him directly. What does NY need in case they sign Wade? What do they need if they sign LeBrown?

If they land Wade, would they be interested in Tay? If they land LeBron, would they want Rip? I highly doubt it, but who knows?
  12. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I they get Wade (highly unlikely) they should consider Tay, he's a solid 1 year rental, since they will be targeting Melo next off-season.
  13. Walter

Hmm, I saw this too:

SOURCE

It would be interesting to see if Melo takes the 3 year extension Denver is offering or not. It'd be risky if he doesn't going into the new CBA.

A core of Wade-Melo-Amare in a D'Antoni system would be sick. In addition to piling up regular season wins, they may even succeed when it matters most.
  14. Walter

Not so sure about that Ryder. NY only has a handful of players signed for next season. They now have Amare. They can probably add Wade AND re-sign Lee. Wade-Amare-Lee would be a very nice nucleus to build on and they all can play D'Antoni's run & gun system. Don't forget that they have T-Mac's contract coming off the books this summer too. They can really [STRIKE]build[/STRIKE]buy a pretty decent supporting cast to surround the three.

This Amare signing could be the thing that gets the balls moving. Just like the Ray Allen trade allowed Boston to land KG three years ago.
  15. Walter

David Lee to Minny?

NBA.com: David Lee has 'great visit' with Timberwolves

Big Al is as good as gone from Minny. Let's get this guy.

The problem is Knicks don't know what they need yet. And they don't need to accommodate Minnesota with a S&T of Lee as Lee's a FA. Once they sign Wade or LeBron, they'll know what they'll need and then start discussing S&T options for Lee. Heck, they may even keep him.

However, if Wade or LeBron signs with the Knicks and they don't have enough left to sign Lee, I wonder if we can be partners in a 3-way deal that sends Lee to Minnesota, whatever they need to NY and Big Al to us. Something like Minny gets Lee, we get Big Al, and NY gets CV and JJ.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Knicks can't sign and trade Lee if they get another top FA, their cap money will be spent at that point. If Minn really wanted Lee right now and NY had nobody looking in their direction then we could get a 3-way trade in place where Tay goes to NY, Lee to Minn and ALJeff to Det. Hmmmmm that adds a nice little twist, that could become a reality IF Lee really wants to go to Minn AND NOBODY else signs with NY. One thing is for sure, the Knicks and/or Nets are going to be in serious need for a SG and/or SF, heck I'd even do a Rip for Eddy Curry move.......seriously!
  17. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

You can't trade Tay for Big Al if you don't have a deal in place, or already traded Rip for capp spayce, because it will mean no flexibility next off-season when JJ and Stuck need to be resigned.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

There is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start.
  19. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm a huge Al Jefferson fan, but I don't think he fits well with Monroe. I also definitely am not in favor of trading JJ in any deal. Two reasons: I think JJ's a terrific player, and I think he fits beautifully with Monroe. Same thing with Daye in terms of fit. And, if Summers is willing to use his Karl Malone-like body and be a consistent down low force, same thing with him.
  20. Walter

Can you elaborate on that please? I have to admit, I haven't watched too many Minnesota games last year, but the dude is legit. I don't think it it would be wise to pass up an opportunity to trade for a solid, proven PF on the basis that he wouldn't fit with a newly drafted rookie who is yet to play in a single NBA game.

That being said, I agree that it would be hard to part with Jerebko after what he's shown us last year. He's everything we hoped Walter Herrmann would be.