Mavs / Warriors Series

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by FreshPrince22, Apr 23, 2007.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Wow, Great start to the series so far!
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pretty amazing stuff here--I can't believe the Mavs have missed so many makeable shots. The Warriors have hung around long enough to sprint out to a big lead late in the game once they started hitting a bunch of threes, even though their overall percentage for the game is pretty crappy. Avery's going to have to make some adjustments to take advantage of the Warriors' porous D and dicey shot selection.
  3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Baron Davis might be the best point guard in the NBA.

This is hilarious.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yes he is ... when he's on the floor
    He owns Chauncey.

I don't think this should be a surprise though... it's not like they haven't whupped on Dallas all year.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is the best thing that has happened so far this playoffs. I actually yelled to my wife that the Warriors won, and I didn't even bat an eyelash when the Pistons won. I picked the Mavs to win the series, but I still would love to see them out in the first round.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I picked Dallas to win this one even though my heart said go with Warriors. Remember the warriors swept the Mavs this season 3-0 although the Mavs sat out key players/stars in the final game of the season.

Number 1 seeds are always better record and talent wise than the # 8's but I think the warriors are a tough matchup for the Mavs and if this one doesn't go seven it will be because the Warriors swept them:stirthepot:
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Warriors now won 6 straight from Dallas. Now, who's got the best deal out of Indiana-Golden State trade? Sure looks like Warriors came out a clear winner. I think if Jackson and Harrington were still back with the Pacers, they'd be playing Pistons now instead of Orlando.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good point mikhail...I think The Pacers were just trying to cleanhouse and thought they were still good enough to get in as the 6 or 7 seed. Those eleven losses in a row kind of ruin that thought. I'm surprised cola hasn't felt the hatchet yet from Bird and Walsh.
  9. mikhail1973

I understand this, but why would you want to bring garbage in while taking garbage out? Now they end up with two "softies" with untreadable contracts - Dunleavy and Murphy. No wonder I've heard "Mullin for president" chants for unloading those two. Now, O'Neal wants to leave. Are they planning on making this an offense-minded team? Then Carlisle has got to leave because he's not an offensively minded coach. It will be interesting, because Bird jumped on opportunity to get Carlisle as soon as he could after Pistons let him go. I am also wondering, how long are Pacers planning on keeping Bird around? He hasn't been able to do much lately and NBA is turning into "what have you done for me lately?" league.
  10. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Think the Warriors swept us too although we won't be meeting them in the Finals. Warriors seem to have a lot match up problems against No.1 seeds in both the conferences.:hoops:
  11. mikhail1973

The Warriors have not been healthy for the most of the season and struggled because of that. However, when they were healthy - you saw the 16-5 finish to the year. You saw what they can do against many teams, not just Pistons and Mavericks. I wonder what their record would have been if they had Harrington and Jackson for the entire year, as well as healthy Davis. That guy can play.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So, is it safe to say that they got the best of the Indiana trade?
  13. mikhail1973

I would say so. We always knew that Warriors could put up points. But their D was non-existant. Now they have a couple of guys that come from Defense first environment. And even though they are not in the same system, the D is going to improve. And the guys are not any worse offensively, maybe even better than Dunleavy and Murphy who couldn't fit into Indiana's style of play (who knows what it is nowadays). I read some local material on the trade (I live in the SF Bay Area) and you could hear the mass exhale when Warriors were able to ship out those two. We don't know how Diogu is going to develop, but short-term Warriors are clearly the winners of this trade.
  14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

It's kind of shocking that Harrington and Stephen Jackson have started playing defense again after several years of minimal effort on that end for Nellie of all coaches.

Jackson did a quite impressive job on Dirk yesterday.
  15. mikhail1973

Why do you look at it as shocking? Playing for Pop and Carlisle - some of that defensive stuff had to stick.
  16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I took a look over at what I think is the biggest Warriors fan site, goldenstateofmind.com, which my older brother mentioned to me earlier this season (he lives in SF and has Warriors season tickets). They're going nuts over there, and of course they were already thrilled just to be in the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. Their enthusiasm over winning one playoff game certainly comes from a different level of expectations than what we have over here!

One of the posts from last year under their "classics" section was a take on the Warrior Girls that almost looked like it could have been written by HQ. :pound:
  17. mikhail1973

Thanks for the tip, it's an interesting website. And I agree, fans here are really excited about the Warriors. They are not spoiled like we are.

I would go as far as saying that the Warriors WERE our version of Lions. Maybe Lions will get some success this year?
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

GoldenStateOfMind is the premier Warriors fan blog. It's their Need4Sheed/Detroit Bad Boys.

Wizznutzz are still the best though.
  19. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Haha, he owns chaucey. I dont think Chauncey is scared of Baron and I remember this being about team victories not personal battles.

:pound:
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Remember, we're talking about Stephen Jackson here. That's a hard head to get through. :)

But, no doubt he is a talented player who ought to be able to shut down a lot of folks. If he could get out of his own way.