Mavs / Warriors Series

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by FreshPrince22, Apr 23, 2007.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

All you have to do is look at the history of this matchup... Chauncey has always had a tough time getting his shots off on B.D., who is every bit as physical... however Davis has had some excellent games with Chauncey checking him... this has been going on for a while now.
    These two are very good friends and know each others moves... they practice together in the summer.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    They also have a very similar built and their games are similar, except that Davis can penetrate and FINISH a lot better than Chauncey. By the way, Davis never had a group of guys around him like Chauncey was able to get in Detroit, and he always seems to be injured. I wonder what would Davis look like in Chauncey's place with Pistons.
  3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I don't remember Jackson actually playing much defense in Indiana, and his confrontations with Carlisle were most of the reason the Pacers traded him.

He was a good defensive player in San Antonio, but that was four, five years ago before he started to really become unglued.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I've always considered Jackson a decent to good defender.

It's his ability as a playmaker that I questioned. He's answered that in G-State.

The easiest way to reform a bad boy is to let him play on an uptempo offensive team. Defensive coaches tend to be stifling and that won't work with an already explosive personality.
  5. mikhail1973

By the way, Dallas now lost 5 straight playoff games going back to the last year's finals.

"More than anything else, we just caught them on a night they didn't shoot the ball very well," Warriors coach Don Nelson said. "That's probably the key to the game, we made some more shots. We made five more. It's just one game. It looks like it will be a long series."
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

He would look injured with an inability to make free throws.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I heard a funny blurb from a Nellie interview yesterday. He has a great self deprecating sense of humor. He was talking about how they were so lucky to win last game and how Dallas would be ready next game and would certainly whomp up on them. "We have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than winning the next game".:pound:

What a character Nellie is. Certainly nothing to write on the Dallas chalk board from that statement. Sheed can learn from this guy. (Although I must admit Sheed's holding his tongue well so far during the playoffs).:tape::fingerscr
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This is the ultimate example of one team not having any pressure on them. Nelly knows that and is trying to shoot the moon.
  9. Darth Tater

My intention is not to bash on Flip here, but I don't ever remember him playing those kinds of mind games on the opposing teams or their coaches.
    I mean, I cannot recall even once.

Since he doesn't have a very good reputation for making adjustments during the game, maybe he should attempt to throw them off their game before it even starts.

:ohwell:
  10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To be fair, given the Pistons season last year, what was he to say...

"We're number 1 and you're not"

"We're the favorites, you're also rans"

"I don't know why we even bother playing the games."

(Though to be completely fair, he may have been thinking the latter.)
  11. Darth Tater

I see your point, but it just seems to me that we were on top with Larry Brown too, and you could always count on him to say something to mess with the opponents mind.
  12. Rip 32

Rip 32 First Round Draft Pick

I think it will be a great series especially if GS stays hot cuz the only reason they made the playoffs was hot shooting towardds the end of the season the mavs will pick it up though.
  13. mikhail1973

Rip, I think they got hot because that's the first time in the entire season that they had all of their players healthy and playing. If they had the same group for all of the 82 games I don't think making playoffs would have been a question. The questions that still remain are:
    Can Davis stay healthy enough?
    Can Jackson stay out of trouble off the court?
    Will the young players continue their development?
    If all of those answered with "yes" I would think that Warriors should have success for seasons to come. Now, I don't see them as being contenders unless they can play some kind of defense, but they should be entertaining enough and in the playoffs.
  14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Sean Corbin, as per usual, is pandering to the home crowd.
  15. mikhail1973

These refs are brutal!!! Throwing out the best player on the team in a playoff game for clapping? I think they need to revisit the rule book. And some of the refs clearly need some psych help.
  16. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

This game is a crock and extremely lopsided. The only fouls seem to happen on DAL's side of the floor and Baron Davis was just ejected for clapping. The NBA refs and their on the spot made up rules are on my nerves.

This is just insane. It's quite obvious that Stern wants no part of his league favorite going down in the first round to the Warriors. Mission accomplished.
  17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Baron shouldn't have gotten tossed, and those earlier techs were pretty lame, but I don't really know why he was complaining. His fourth and fifth fouls were both pretty obvious calls.
  18. mikhail1973

He was complaining because Dallas got 16 free throws in the 3rd quarter and built that big lead on ref's calls.
  19. mikhail1973

No point in watching the remainder of this. The refs simply won't let Warriors get back into the game. These calls are beyond ridiculous.
  20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

It's not the calls ON Baron that he was so annoyed about. It's the fact that the same plays on their end of the floor weren't being called. So, sure the frustrations come out when he gets whistled, but those guys were more upset that when the same thing happened on the other end of the floor, nothing was called.