Max and Mr.80

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Oct 26, 2006.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Re: Max as Mr.80

Heart and determination.

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If Darko gets in the way of J-Max trying to block his shot, it better be a jumper, because if he is going to the hole and there is contact, Darko will be on IR for 4-6 weeks!!!!!!!!!1

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If you guys hijack Max's thread for Darko stuff, there will be reprecussions.

[SIGN]You have been warned.[/SIGN] :cop:

4. max

max All-Star

Slippy - thanks for the change.

Actually its hard to get past rookie/2nd season PT without someone bringing up Darko. How soon we forget? What was one of LB's largest gripes about Darko? He did not want to play in the post. LB told you why Darko was on the bench and most of the reasons were valid.

I think LB would have loved these 2 guys. On offense they both live in the paint and lets not forget about all the pre-season charges Maxiel took and all the blocks by Amir. Flat out hustle plays on both ends of the court.

Any coach in the league would love these 2.

5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

It's because the win now club has left the building.

As far as JMax, watching highlights that Roscoe posted, I saw him catch the ball, dribble with two hands, charge through a guy like Shaq, and dunk. If the refs let him play like that in the reg season, he'll be pretty good. If they start calling the charges and the double dribbles, DNP.

Amir could be the real deal. I just hope he doesnt start demanding a trade, like Darko, because he thinks Detroit is trying to keep down his value.

Best case scenario, JMax could be a great instant offense off the bench, like Corliss, and Amir could be 10 year starter for us at the 4/5.

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Somayall need to be stuck with a real problem franchise for a while... it's been a good ride lately.

7. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Excuse me? The "Win Now" club ain't NEVER left the building! You see the Darko/Delfino = young guys ain't never been our argument. The "Win Now" club never had a problem with playing youngsters who play like "their life depends on it." It's the young guys who don't yet have a clue that we have a problem with.

Well....I'm glad to see you have seen the light. Seems like just yesterday you were talkin bout J-Max bein on his way to the Euro-leagues. Fat, slow, out of shape, no jumper, no FT shooting, no skillz and couldn't hold Delfino's jock strap. My my; how things have changed.

Welcome aboard 16. Now remember.....follow the light! It decieveth you not! :ninja:

8. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

that's not true the "win now" club did have a problem with playing youngsters at all. the youngsters weren't even getting on the court to play "like thier life depends on it" and the "win now" club gave their seal of approval to that type of development. darvin ham plays like his life depends on it but it still doesn't mean he's more effective than a 60% delfino.

darko always played hard during meaningful minutes. the win now club wouldn't and still probably doesn't acknowledge that. they judge a player by whether he jumps in front of some guy on a 10 day contract during the last 15 seconds of garbage time.

Darko isn't a post player only he can play in the post but it's not his game. sheed didn't play in the post either but he got minutes. lb's biggest excuse for not playing darko was that he wasn't ready. which we saw wasn't true once he got some real minutes. lb said he's playing behind 3 all stars. yet lb would play darvin or tayshaun instead of darko when he needs a big man. lb said a lot of things but you just can't trust that guy. i think he was more of a guy that wanted to teach darko a lesson.

i think lb would have loved them but i don't think he would have played them. jmax will not pass and from what i've seen can't pass too well. lb preached unselfish play. amir lb would have said he isn't ready. they both would have still had the 3 all stars in front of them thing for lb to use against them.

i agree these 2 guys are great late draft picks. it also shows that when treated right rooks can develop into productive players. i just hope they continue to get the chance to show what they can do while they are in piston uniforms.

9. MotownPride

Oh Lawddd...

Never saw this from the "win now' club. I think this is fabricated just to prove your point. On the issue of effectiveness, heart and effort can be contagious. So where a 60% Delfino may still be more talented a 100% Ham may serve to motivate his teammates to reach a much higher level of competitveness.

On Maxiell: J-Max definitely has a positive effect on his teammates. The energy level jumps up with J-Max attacks the basket or does a timely block.

Any time Darko got should have been meaningful for him. That's the part you never got and apparently still don't. Darko didn't treat that time as an audition. That was an error. His fault. The reality was that the other guys weren't auditioning. Different rules, perhaps, but its not like Larry didn't tell him what he needed to do. He just chose not to do it.

On Maxiell: Never seen J-Max slouch during anytime he was in the game. I think the fans and coaches respected him more for that.

When Darko doesn't listen to the coach its taking a stand, when Ben disagrees with the coach its being a malcontent. Hell, Flip doesn't even have the credentials of Larry Brown and Darko still gets a pass over Ben. Perhaps it would have better served the 18 year old to listen to the coach heralded by many as the best coach in the league. That's a shame.

On Maxiell: We've yet to here anything about Maxiell's inability to be coached. Looks like we got a good one here!

Disagree, he found time for Memo and Tay. He seemed to like Corliss Williamson and he was a bit of a "black hole" as well.

On Maxiell: Reincarnation of Corliss but with defense! Oh yeah!

We both agree on this one.

10. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes the win now club would always repeat the "earn it" company line about why darko and delfino isn't playing. the win now club would say we don't have time to develop players cause we are playing for championships. a lot of the win now people wanted home court advantage over development of a bench. plenty of "win now" clubbers talked about the chicken and the egg. telling us to enjoy the ride instead of complaining about darko and delfino not playing.

i'm not going to speak on darvin ham's play being inspirational to anybody.

nope. i still don't get it because you don't treat a # 2 pick like that. there was no audition and darko realized that. if darko is effective during meaningful minutes and that doesn't garner him more playing time why would he think being effective in garbage time would get him more playing time???? larry said a lot of things but never followed through on them. i remember larry saying he has to find some minutes for him but it never happened.

yes. darko can actually do the other stuff he wanted to do. ben can't shoot but he wants the rock. ben was 30 when he took his ball and went home cause he wasn't getting the rock. darko was 18 and wanted to play his game and was right so i call that taking a stand. i also expect an 18 year old to be rebellious. i expect a 30 year old who can't shoot to accept his faults and play his game.

credentials don't matter cause flip was right not giving ben the rock cause he can't shoot or dribble. lb was wrong making darko a 1 dimensional player when he was already a versatile player.

darko never said he would not play in the post he just wasn't as effective down there so he looked bad on the court. darko said he liked to play facing the basket. you build on a guys game not destroy one part because you want him to play your way.

lb quickly put memo back on the bench when sheed arrived. corliss was a vet when lb got him. i don't think lb would have found time for a rookie forward that shoots every time he touches it. when he has mcdyess, ben and sheed to play instead. tay was already established when lb arrived.

11. MotownPride

Still think you have it wrong.

He started out with garbage time. You've altered the timeline to support your case and have addressed nothing.

Exactly. Double standard. Your boy is a bigger malcontent then Ben, you just like Darko better.

Ignored the Corliss reference because it didn't support your arguement. Predictable. :rolleyes:

I'm done responding to this. I'll cover my ears the rest of the way. :)

12. max

max All-Star

bbaljay - are you related to Darko? Or know him in some capacity?

if you take away that #2 pick status there really is nothing special about him.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hey, how about Brahma, AJ and Blaylock for a starter? Rookies and second year guys don't play here. Win now.

14. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I thought this was a JMax/Amir thread. Still worried about JMax playing D this year, but hopefully he'll prove me wrong. Looks like he's done it in preseason. The player I want to see is Amir. He's had a year in the NBA, he can't be that raw. Play the kid. I really believe that given PT, he could be a serious contributor by playoff time.

15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Every thread is a Darko thread.... once its highjacked. :P

16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko is like agent smith in matrix reloaded: he just plunges his hand into a thread and turns it into a darko thread.

17. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

lmao:winner_first_h4h: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: Whats the line from the movie me me me me me

18. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Was that what humanvictorycigar.com was made for?

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

All answered.

20. MotownPride

So where do you see J-max in 3 years? Starter? Piston? All-Star?