Maxiell ahead of Dyess

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Nov 7, 2006.

?

Maxiell over Dyess

1. Yessir!

35.0%
  2. Not Yet.

65.0%
  1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Should Maxiell become the first F off the bench?
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nope. JMax is earning his time and he is useful for different things. But Dyess has still got it.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

maybe down the line, but not yet. he's getting the proper amount of time and experience in crunch time this season, but he has made a few mistakes here and there. he needs to, and will, keep learning.

although he's good at grabbing boards, he still has to learn how to better position himself, box out, and hang on. but what we're seeing so far is encouraging.
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Assuming Dice finds a jump shot sometime soon, no way Max moves in front.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not to contradict my vote, but JMax is currently leading the Pistons in production/min and Roland Rating.

The time that he has spent on the floor has been about as good as it gets.

I would say that you keep expanding his role and keep him in shape.

What happened to the monster dunks that he was throwing down during the pre-season though?
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

From what I have seen, the Pistons have not got their transition game going.
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And from what I saw last night other teams are opting to not let him get the ball above his waist.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Emotionally I'm like Go Brahma, More Brahma, but logically I know that Dyess' experience makes him more of a solid contributor.
    While we like what the Brahma does and get excited about what he can do eventually, right now his mental game is light years behind Dyess'. Defensively Max hasn't yet gotten comfortable with the schemes and rotations, not that Dyess is great at either one, Dyess just knows the game more. We can only hope that Max's desire to learn the game is just as hungry as his desire to play the game.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Let's not underestimate the devestating effect of getting in the bonus. JMax was a big part of that last night. The Pistons shot a ton of free throws and it kept them in the game in the 4th quarter. Since Jason is an average to poor free throw shooter, we need to put him in the beginnings of quarters to get us to the bonus. Once we are in, then put in the better FT shooters.
  10. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

last night he chose to layup instead of monster dunk and he missed. i want jmax to go back to the dunk everything from the free throw line in attitude.

i think mcdyess always starts the year off slowly and then when that midrange j starts falling look out. he was missing plenty of easy shots against utah but i will say he was making good moves in the post. he's also rebounding very well and that tip dunk he had got me out of my seat.
  11. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I thought I voted for Dice...but I will stay with J-max cause it looks like he could use the support. :)
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm with Murph.
  13. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think that Flip should roll the Dyess on this one. LOL
    :hoops:
  14. buddahfan

But what if he craps out!!
    :skull:
  15. buddahfan

It wouldn't be the first time. :stirthepot:
  16. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I say play Jmax now! Play him before teams start to make the playoff push. Play him now because that way Dyess is fresh come playoffs. Play him now so he can contribute in the playoffs period. He did not get anywhere near this kind of burn last year so play him now before he hits the wall.
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah that puzzled me too. i for sure thought he was gonna go for a jam...had perfect position and was either gonna put away a monster dunk or get fouled. hopefully he learns for next time. :)
  18. max

max All-Star

Initially I wanted to see more Maxiel. I still want to see him get at least 10 MPG. However Dyess has been stepping it up defensivly for us and with all the teams trying to test the paint I will have to go with Dyess for now.
  19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I'm gonna go with Max, personally. Dice is probably the better player right this minute, but Max fills a need. He is an inside force offensively. An Intimidator. He gets the other team in foul trouble, and gets to the stripe. Dice is a mid-range shooter. Something we have plenty of on the floor at any given time.

I also think that given a month or 2 of 20-25mpg would help max raise his game by a large margin.

That said, Max is still essentially a rookie, so Dice is the better option in crunch time. Max is still more prone to making silly mistakes than Dice is. In the end I'd like to see them both at around 20mpg. If Dice's J is working (and you can usually tell when he has it on any given night) then keep him in. If not, through Max in to throw it down on someone's head.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

I haven't actually SEEN any Pistons games this season, so I only have box scores and opinions to go by. If Max is playing as well as his box scores indicate, then put him in.

No time like now to develop the bench, and a solid run for the Brahma will not only rest Antonio's tired knees, but it will give Jason lots of practice dunking on peoples heads. That is a valuable skill to have come playoff time!