1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Maxiell ahead of Dyess

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Nov 7, 2006.

?

Maxiell over Dyess

1. Yessir!

35.0%
  2. Not Yet.

65.0%
  1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I say keep Dice as the 6th man, but cut back a bit on his minutes to both keep him fresh and to give J-Max some meaningful PT.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I find it interesting that the discussion is about Maxiell vs. McDyess. McDyess so far is more apt to be playing in the 4th quarter of games vs. Mohammed. Thats not just a coincidence. Dyess is a better player all around vs. Mohammed. The question should be how much of Mohammed's minutes does Maxiell take. Not that Mohammed has any real established minutes at this point. Dyess can play the same as last year, no less, no more.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

It really was just a question. We are seeing NAz starting and the question was should maxiell come off the bench before dyess. I still believe in 4th Q, you kinda want experience unless maxiell is ripping it up. However max brings a lot of energy which could help up more than his actual numbers.

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wouldn't have a problem with Dice in the 4th Q over Nazr when the matchups were favourable, but I don't know about J-Max. I'd rather bring him along slowly (quality PT, but not crunch time minutes) for now.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To many votes leaning toward Flips way and that is why we had all had a bad summer. There are players that learn on the job, and JMAX isn't going to learn waiting for Sheed to tech out or for Dyess to get in foul trouble. Some rookies with less raw skills than Buddha are starting!!

it doesn't have to be a set rule that Dyess is the first front court man off the bench. A good coach would adjust as it goes and if a team is not used to Buddha, mix it up and throw him there while the game is still young. If LB had done that for the Dorkster in his first two seasons, he would be the Pistons starting center right now.:noidea: :smoke06: :victory:

6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Like Andrew Bynum for the Lakers. Wait till you guys see him this Friday Just turned 19 less than 1 month ago. He is going to be a monster. I have no idea how the Lakers keep finding these guys. I thought all of that ended when West left as GM.

Andrew Bynum - Los Angeles Lakers - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

:stirthepot:

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Andrew is a definte find and was awesome last night. Joe took Amir Johnson right out of the lakers backyard and he would be getting more PT on lakers squad right now as coaches with multiple rings like Phil the zenmaster, will play guys like Smush, Walton, Turiaf, and Cook if they think that will help them win (or if that is all that he has to play with):)

8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

AJ should be playing right now for the Pistons. Bynum was the #4 center on the Laker's squad at the beginning of the season as I am sure you know. So as luck would have it Mihm and KB go down and AB goes past RT (Ronny Turiaf) to become #1.

I have a sense that Mihm is on the trading block. Maybe Joe is trying to work a deal for him or Kwame. I don't think Jackson would part with Kwame, but I am willing to bet my old leather ball that he would be willing to part with Mihm. At this stage in their careers I think that Mihm when healthy would be more help to the Pistons than Davis. At least Mihm can still play and he has a pretty good offensive game though from what I recall he plays with very weak hands, especially on the boards.

9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

the lakers did it right. they drafted a young guy and had kareem take him under his wing. i think we are doing things right now because cowens is working with our young bigs. but where was that when darko was here??

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

igor?
    But I agree that they should have had more infrastructure in place. Plus Mr. $18 million had it in for the young kid.

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Mayb eyall went to beddy bye to soon but did anyone see his alley-oop-slam at the end of the game? I also feel people who cheer for dunks are of the weakminded. BRING BACK THE BONG!!!!!!!

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What about Dice's one handed lightning dunk off of a rebound to take the lead in the Utah game? Dunks under pressure like that are crazy.

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ya Mon

15. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I say play Max, he needs the time on the floor in order to produce. We just ain't producing with what we got. Matter of fact, play AJ too, both of them together.

16. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

While I really like his energy on offense, JMax has got a lot to learn. The concept of boxing out on the defensive glass seems to be quite foriegn to him (Nazr too) and he is clueless when it comes to setting a screen. If a guy of his bulk and strength can learn do those things well he can make a living in the league for a long time. Look at Rick Mahorn.