1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

McDyess could surprise, and Tay at PG

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by betelgeuse, Oct 7, 2005.

1. betelgeuse

betelgeuse Second Round Draft Pick

I remember how KG was sometimes thrust into playing PG for the Wolves. It was kind of crazy but he actually played some back-up PG. I don't think Sheed could play the same but I think Tayshaun could. Will Flip use him, even sparringly, as a back-up PG? I remember last year Chauncey was saying that Tayshaun could bring the ball down for them. This is just one of the many looks possible on this team.

As for McDyess, being the 20-10 player that he was(pts pg/reb pg), I think he could surprise this season. Having a solid season behind him, his confidence and being more comfortable could really bring out his "old" ways out of him. Now that we are going to try out a zone, I really feel that he coud steal some minutes from Ben. I think not only will Flip put the three headed monster in all at the same time, but I think he will experiment extensively with Sheed and Dyess together on the front court, putting the most offensively talented guys on the court at once. Again just one of the many looks possible on this team.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Tay has played just a bit of point for us.

Tay played some point for us way back in the Philly series guarding Iverson in his rookie year. He has played just a little bit here and there ever since. We certainly have not gone to it a whole lot though.

Just one more scenario where Maxiell or Amir Johnson could displace someone. I thing there is a rotations thread somewhere. See you there.

3. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

i was just looking a some old highlight videos of Dice in his All-star form. MAN, he was a beast.

last season Dice (and the entire Piston's training staff) looked like he was "testing" his knee and he relied so much on his outside jumper. if he gains even more confidence in his knee and his athleticism starts to come back....watch out.

4. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

the "old" Dice

I also suspect this year we will see more of the "old" Dice. I was hoping for this last year during the Playoffs when he seemed to find another gear. It didn't seem just that he'd stepped up his play for the playoffs; he seemed to be jumping higher in a way that seemed more natural, instinctual, confident etc. I hope he can continue to play like that, with ease and without monster ice bags after every game. Him being such a nice guy, you can't help but wish that (and a ring) for him.

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The only surprise for me will be if Dice doesn't play really well this year. :D

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He struggled early, but got in the flow late thats what happens when you start playing on a new team so this season I expect him to give us maybe 15 and 8. I also think Darko will struggle early, but he'll start to get in a groove at the end just like Dice did last season. I also would put Tay at pg if we wanted Chauncey at the 2 gaurd so he can shoot down the other team, and then we could throw rip at sf. I would definentley not use rip at the point though he's good at everything on offense (he's also good at defense now), but he doesn't handle the ball well compared to Tay and Chauncey so I'd keep him at sg, and sometimes sf if we want to go small.

7. iamme

15 and 8 off the bench??

that'll all but guarantee 6th man of the year for him. honestly, i doubt he'll put up those numbers. if he gets 10 and 7, i'll be happy.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Well maybe not 15 and 8, but I expect him to put up more than 10 because thats what he averaged last year, how about 12 and 7.

9. iamme

regardless of what Dice averages, i'd love to see him with 6th man OTY. it'd be a fantastic accomplishment considering many (i bet himself included) thought his career was over.