Miami Heat Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 22, 2006.

1. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Are you predicting a Pistons loss in this series?

Miami's bench is deeper than the Pistons and more seasoned. But I would like to see if Flip can incorporate the bench so as to relieve the starters for a spell. If the bench can hold serve while the starter's rest then I think they will win a hard fought series. I don't feel panicked at the thought of getting Hunter, Davis and Delk. Delfino/Evans may be enough for spot duty depending on the situation. Ideally it would have been nice having a Mike James behind Dice. I did mention that Joe fell short in this area IMO. Let's see what happens. Pistons need to just hold HCA.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Nope. I am the biggest I BELIEVE slappy.

I am just tired of people referencing the regular season for the Heat or Pistons. Teams get better. Teams get worse. Forget the (regular) season. We got last game, this game and next game to look at.

Walker is playing his best ball in years. Shaq is adjusting to how the refs call him. The Heat are rested so their biggest achilles heel of fatigue shouldn't be much of a factor.

I expect this will be a 6 or 7 game series. If the MVP Billups doesn't show up and continues his lukewarm play of the last round, it could get very interesting. Hence why I said the Pistons will have to play very well to win.
  3. anakin

Agree. I think the boys will show up. Miami is a known rival and they won't take them lightly. Walker hitting his stride does bother me. Only saving grace is that he is a ball hog and sucks on defense. If he gets his shots someone other starter is not getting the ball.
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Chauncey needs to show up and show up big. Period.

Toine didn't become good over night. Trust me. The length of our frontcourt will force him into even more bad/rushed shots. Frankly, I think we'll see Posey more than Toine. Posey is very dangerous from the three point line, but nothing else really. Wade will be Wade. Shaq will be Shaq. J Will is a key. Don't let him get hot from outside or it will open the entire game up.

Personally, I hope they throw a few different looks at Shaq. Foul him early and often. Then later in the game, let Ben just try to hold his ground as Shaq tires out. If I were coach I'd bring Dale Davis in the game VERY early, so that we don't have a guy guarding him that is scared to pick up fouls guarding him to start the game.
  5. grim

grim Second Round Draft Pick

If the Refs call Shaq on those early offensive fouls as they did in the Nets series, the Heat are in for a tough ride.
  6. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Wow, I don't even know if I want to read any more posts by Micro. It is obvious to me and to everyone else who is a fan of this team that we are gonna have to play well to win the series. I undertstand that Miami has a slight edge on paper but playoff series are played on the court as we found out last round. Cleveland made a fantastic adjustment on the defensive end as far as containing our backcourt from going wild offensively. The was the difference as far as the Caveliers even being in the series as a far as I'm concered. Miami will not be able to neutralize our guards like Cleveland did, not even close. Living here in South Florida, all Miami Heat fans were hoping and praying that they did not have to face us again the conf. finals. Yes they are saying we are vulnerable now but all down here know that they will have to play their butts off to beat us especially because of the fact that we have homecourt in this series as oppose to last year. Detroit's offensse will flourish more in this series, my main concern is that we lose focus on defense. If we can stay very stingy on D, I really don't believe they can beat us with homecourt. Micro have more faith, you know this team at times struggles and never does anything easy. Go Pistons!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think he does have faith. He's just saying this is going to be tough as hell. I thought his analysis of the Miami squad was very realistic. (I disagreed on the Prince/Walker thing but that is arguable.

Faith is good. Blind faith sets you up for a big letdown.

I'm with Micro on this. I'm looking at a long series and at this point I think either team could win. Miami is a much improved team over the last couple of months.
  8. roscoe36

Micro: You want answers?
    Explosivity: I think I'm entitled.
    Micro: You want answers?
    Explosivity: I want the truth.
    Micro: You can't handle the truth.

:)
  9. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

C'mon even if we had beaten Cleveland in 5 games everyone knew here that this was gonna be a tough series. Each series I really believe is a different animial from every other one played. In the 04 series if you all can recall that the toughest series was against the Nets in the second round and they at the time were not the team to beat. Basketball is a game of match-ups, intensity and most importantly execution of the gameplan. Who ever wants it the most and executes the most always wins a 7 game series. Don't make the mistake of us transfering the play of the last series into this one. We will play better offensively in the series Guaransheed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I don't see this one being as tough as the CLE series. For one, I don't think our guys will be half-assing the way they were against CLE. This is one of the few teams that our guys actually get up and put forth maximum effort for.

I see us winning this one in 6 at the most.

I think Tay will actually defend Walker better than anyone the Bulls or Nets could put out there and I think Rip running Wade off all those screen will take a lot more out of him than people think. Wade can get to the basket and draw fouls at will, but will he be able to maintain that over the course of a series where he'll actually have to play some D. I doubt it. Shaq has NEVER single handedly destroyed us so I have no fear there.

Matchups are key in the playoffs and we match up very well with MIA. Nevermind the fact that this team isn't as strong as last year's bunch. I don't see them getting more than 2 games unless our guys take a night off.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm with low. imagine that!! :D
  12. max

max All-Star

Heard on talk radio the other week that Riley thinks Walker will be a key player against the Pistons.

Our keys are to get Billups going offensivly.

Keep Rip out of foul trouble against Wade which he should since he was on James a lot.

Rebounding, do not give then too many 2nd chance points.

Keep Tay going offensivly.

Free throw shooting - 50-60% range for a team is giving up too many points.

Hunter playing well.

Dust off Davis.

Sheeds ankle

Utilitze Delfino against Wade but he cannot hurt us with TO's in the process.

Lot of keys - pick one. Bottom line - just go out and play. Should be able to take game off the game 7 momentum and thats a good start.
  13. anakin

One more Max: PRESERVE HCA :)
  14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, I love that movie. One of my alltime favourites.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: Miami Heat Scouting Report/ Detroit Pistons scouting report.

:) Chauncey Bup-Bup, Mr.Big Shot, The Mayor, C-Note, C-Bill Billups. Starting point guard for the winningest team in the league. Best analyzed with BBall intel and athleticism at the same time. MVP finalist. His tre is dauntless, his passes have a seeing eye. Loves to abuse the "Old Glove". He is backed up by Tony "Buckets" Toaster Oven Delk and Lindsey Lenz Hunter.
    ...Advantage Us.
    :) Richard :rip: The Energizer Bunny Hamilton. Starting shooting guard for the winningest team in the league. Finally recogized as an AllStar player. Will run the legs off less prepared players. His endurance is impeccable. His shot lethal. Backed up by Mo"Mayhem"Evans the enigma, Mr. Intangable, capable of hitting a big shot and dribbling off his foot and poking balls out of bounds and leaping over people for huge rebounds. ESPN favorite for blocked shots.
    ...Advantage, Home court team.
    :eyebrows: Tayshaun Big Blocked Shot Prince starting small forward for the winningest team in the league. Relentless defender, solid all around player. His bball intel is compairable to Bup-Bup's. Backed up kind of by "Mayhem".
    ...Advantage us.
    :nod: Rasheed Guaransheed Wallace starting Poward Foward on the winningest team in the NBA. As good inside as outside. Has the ability to "Guaranty" wins at a .800% rate. Backed up by Antonio McDyess best 6th man in his conference. Excellant shooter and rebouder.
    ...Advantage us.
    :ohwell: Ben BigBen Wallace starting center on the winningest team in the NBA. 4 time DPOY. Mr. Intangable defensively. Minimizes penetration damage with blocks and steals. Capable of minimal Offensive production, will jam the ball all up under the rim. Backed up by Dale Davis but not very well.
    ...Advantage Heat.
    :doh: Flip Saunders head coach of the winningest team in the NBA. Offensive genius and defensive connundrum/thinker. In his first conference finals. In way over his head. Players coach who needs to rely on his players to execute, as with all coaches. His in game adjustments are slow/late and questionable. Will insert Mayhem at wrong/right times.
    ...Advantage Heat
    -----------------------------
    GO PISTONS:fingerscr
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I would like to nominate this for post of the year. Bring on the Heat!
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah that was a pretty good post by Thee.
  18. roscoe36

This line,
    has me streaming tears from laughing too hard.
  19. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

c'mon Thee, you should take off your Pistons glasses and let some critical thinking into your mind...
  20. anakin

FT Adavantage -??

The Pistons better not be pissing away easy points. It will come back and bite them in the %%%%%.