Miami Heat Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 22, 2006.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

How about using LB's strategy (Pistons/ Lakers, 2004 NBA Finals)? Let Shaq and Wade score and stop the rest from scoring? Basically, this Heat team is like the 2004 Lakers team. Let's compare the current Heat team with the 2004 Lakers: -

Laker's Shaq vs Heat's Shaq - Much older, fatter, slower etc Shaq. Adv Laker's Shaq.

Laker's Kobe vs Heat's Wade - Kobe is taller and stronger than Wade. Kobe maybe slower than Wade. Equal/ Even.

Laker's Payton vs Heat's Payton - Much older, slower and lower % shots. Adv Laker's Payton.

Laker's Fox vs Heat's Walker - Walker's size is bigger, however, unless he plays big (post play). Equal/ Even.

Laker's Malone vs Heat's Haslem - No comparison here. Adv Laker's Malone.

Laker's Fisher vs Heat's Williams - Fisher is more realible with the ball. Adv Laker's Fisher.

Laker's Bench vs Heat's Bench - Heat definitely has a stronger bench with players like Zo, Anderson etc. Adv Heat.

Laker's Jackson vs Heat's Riley - Records speaks for itself. Adv Jackson.

Just my ananolgy. It 'MAY' work.

Hey roscoe, how about a Malaysian Member recognition for me like what Webz has as an Aussie recognition.

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

You were doing fine till you did the Malone comparison... the guy couldn't walk let alone play.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah and the Fox/Walker won't float either. Fox was useless.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

How I see it. Tough matchup, but Chauncey has a nuetralizing ability by being able to draw fouls. Coaching is key, I think whoever can force the first adjustment wins. While Flip made poor adjustments, the real horror was the fact that it was US who needed to make the adjustments.

This Heat team is vastly improved, if you take off the Piston glasses they remind me of US in 2004, came together as a unit towards the end of the season and the coaches vision for the team really began to come into existence. Walker is playing fantastic ball right now, rebounding, passing and shooting very well. While I would like for Tay to wear him out on the offensive end, it's not likely. There is no height advantage for Tay, and quite frankly Tay as the number 1 option is not a good thing for our team. This is going to be a great series....enjoy the ride

Let's play/pray for a sweep....but be prepared to go the full seven.