Miami Heat star guard Dwyane Wade pressed by multiple lawsuits

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jul 27, 2009.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The Canadian Press: Miami Heat star guard Dwyane Wade pressed by multiple lawsuits

Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade is embroiled in a multimillion-dollar legal mess with former business partners that could prove costly for the NBA star.A deal to open a restaurant chain - D. Wade's Place - which Wade and a friend, Marcus Andrews, hoped would go nationwide barely got off the ground. And now those former business associates claim Wade walked away from a binding contract.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Interesting. Bruce Fein, is a legendary constitutional lawyer, and representing the party with a libel countersuit against Wade.

3. G-man

G-man Starter

Wow. I don't get it. Look at all the successfully owned, managed or endorsed by atheletes restaurants out there. I guess Wade just doesn't know how to cash in on his fame.

Building Dwyane Wade's megabrand - NBA- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Hard to feel sorry for anyone in this tawdry story. $100k in suitcases, to bribe Shaq? Wade keeps it for 'walkin 'round money'..?
    • These guys sound like typical hangers'on lookin to cash in on someone elses ticket.
    • Wade looks like he has no clue and will do anything to make an extra buck.
    • $100k is nothing to Wade - but it's serious money if you're looking to prove someone elses intent and then use that to leverage millions. Apparently Wade has no one smart enough around to tell him it was a rabbit snare.
    • Could there be a worse time than this since the 1930's to open a chain of restaurants? Who in their right mind wouldn't agree that good business sense dictates a walk-off?
    Oy vey!

There's a lot of attorneys getting ready to make money off this one...

You know what they say "A man is not honest simply because he never had a chance to steal"..

4. G-man

G-man Starter

You know what. The libel suit always follows, one guy gets mad, starts talking (slander) and maybe writes a poison letter (libel) and before you know it the business portion of the civil suit morphs into a slander/libel suit. Unfortunately I speak from experience. If there's an upside it's that the slander/libel aspect generally means the business suit on it's own is weak. So they turn the original complaint into a better one, or one that has additional negotiating leverage in it.

It's all about the court ordered first step - arbitration....

My guess is Wade writes a check before it's over and it never makes it past the second round of depositions....

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Uh yeah... real interesting.:pound:

I was actually just about to go watch True Legendary Constitutional Lawyer Stories on A&E!

6. G-man

G-man Starter

Season 1 or season 2?

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Season 2 of course. I already have Season 1 on DVD.