Away Miami Heat Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Discussion in 'December 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

In the 4th quarter the Heat really turned up the defensive intensity when Norris Cole and Beasley were in...So this play was a turning point. LeBron stole the ball after almost ripping one of Stuckey's arms off....doesn't get called for the obvious foul...then cruises in for the easy dunk but is stripped by Jennings. Game changer.
    del likes this.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I thought you were going to say that unfortunately 90% of the East is a game out of the 3 spot.
    Walter and roscoe36 like this.
  3. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Holy cow... I just looked at the East standings and they're RIDICULOUS.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That steal by Jennings on Lebron was amazing! I hope he plays tonight in Milw, wouldn't be shocked if he's in the Dade County jail being held on charges of grand larceny!
    brofmfa, LA Dre and roscoe36 like this.
  5. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

AWESOME WIN!!!!

Was nervous as all hell knowing that the Heat would make their run, but we actually closed out a game and we won!!! I hate the saying as it should only be used once it is done, but WE BEAT THE HEAT!

So many things to like about this game - too many to mention really. Everything coming together as it should

First the defence was great. Flares, coverage, help side defence, up on 3 point shooters (Stuckey stayed right on Allen well). And the talking was there - you could hear it and see it. In fact, I think Jorts is really good on this and in some instances he should actually be the first off the bench where we are just letting it slide on D. Even managed a decent job guarding LeBron 1 on 1 a couple of times!

Offence was great too (only downside I would point out is the pick setting was still weak):
    It just seemed like they knew where to move and when to pass tonight.
    Open 3s getting hit helped A LOT too (but more on that below)
    Our big man passing is going to be a feature of our game as they continue to gel. Josh is a great passer, and running some of those plays through Monroe at the elbow was a thing of beauty tonight - cutting their D to bits.
    The spacing to allow dribble hand offs to Stuckey cutting down the centre of the lane was good too, even late in the 4th when we had the big three in. That charge on him late was BS and the Heat commentators tried to cover by saying Birdman went straight up - despite one of feet still being on the ground the whole time.

Interesting to note that the Heat didn't apply the hacking on Dre, which allowed him to stay in through the crucial last minutes of the game. I think this is also crucial for us and really hope he can improve those FTs. He doesn't have much to do to catch up to Smith at this point!

Despite my hating recently, I have to give Singler his props though now too. This is how I was hoping he would shoot when he started his rookie year hot from deep and hitting 4/5 open 3s is exactly what we need. His defence was still suspect, but more that covered by his 3s because as someone else said, Bron will get his anyway. We have all been saying it a long time and even the Heat's commentators noticed too - we need a knock down shooter and we jump up the ranks as a team (well and these other things coming together too).

So all said, except...

DEEEEEEEETROIT, BAS-KET-BAAAAAAALLLL!!!!
    jzchen, Lee356, LA Dre and 1 other person like this.
  6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Only a couple of wins from home court advantage!!!

No player with more than 10 MPG scored less than 10 points. The Heat simply can't handle the depth of the current Piston team.

I wonder how bad Mo considers Pizza Guy to be when he rather plays Jorts and Jerebko.

Speaking of Mo, he's got that clueless look when he's on the sidelines.
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That steal by Jennings didn't even make it to top 10 plays of the day. The top steal of the night was Josh McRoberts. NBA protecting the reputation of King James.
    :lame:
    jzchen, brofmfa, Susie914 and 2 others like this.
  8. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

This is the type of energy we have to have in every game this season.

Right now it looks like the Heat have no answer to our size. I think we would've killed the game eariler if it wasn't for the foul trouble on Drum.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Jennings, Singler, Stuckey and Pope shot a combined 18-35, when those guys shoot a decent percentage we win, when they don't- we don't. It really is that simple, now that the defense has gotten respectable.
  10. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Isn't it amazing how shooting 50% helps the winning percentage!!
    Ernie the Slow Adult and KGREG like this.
  11. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What I liked most was the poise they played down the stretch, for sure the steal by BJ7 was crucial play of the game.