Miami

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TBird, Dec 16, 2005.

1. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but they've won back-to-back road games v. Milwaukee and Chicago and are up at the half at Philadelphia.

Looks like some combination of Shaq and Riley has got that team moving in the right direction. Good bet it will come down to the two of us again.
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Pretty hard to put money against it...especially considering the problem Bird & Carlisle now have. At least Indy can still laugh at our pathetic football team/management/owner.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

it's all shaq, not riley. no offense but riley obvious timed his return w/shaqs because they're a much better team with him, and beating milwaukee and chicago is not saying much
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

oh i'm not worrying it's shaq thats making them win. once he's worn out they'll start to lose again plus we have a huge lead on them now in the standings.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

The odds of Shaq and Wade staying healthy aren't good. Look at this article discussing the likelihood of Wade staying healthy long term.

"At heart, I am a pessimist. I know this when I watch Dwyane Wade play. When most people see the Miami Heat's dynamic young guard, an All-NBA Second Team pick in just his second season out of Marquette University, they see one of the league's most exciting players. I see Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill. Like Wade, Hardaway and Hill were once the toast of the NBA as young players before injuries robbed them of their explosiveness" .... http://www.82games.com/pelton4.htm
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Phoenix crushing the Heat 47-25 after ONE quarter.
  7. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

is Zo hurt? Only played 3 minutes.
  8. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The Heat looks like a 1 man team. Without Wade, they are a sub .500 team. Shaq has already way past his time. With all the burden over the past 10 years with the Magic and Fakers as well as getting fatter now, I don't see the Heat beating the Pistons in a 7 game series. No way.

After last nite's Suns/ Heat game, it's pretty clear that Shaq is not a dominant force anymore. Bear in mind that the Suns do not have any big guys playing him other than Kurt Thomas, yet Shaq still can't dominate in the paint and failed to get 20 pts.

All other teams got to do to beat the Heat, is just play a fast pace game and swarming D at Wade. Shaq is gonna be effective in the 1st half only with this pace. In the 2nd half, Shaq will be a normal 'center' who can't make free throws.

Just no way the Heat can beat the Pistons in a 7 game series at the playoffs when we play DETROIT BASKETBALL with DETROIT DEFENSE!!!
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, Riles finally got an up close look at Shaq and how far he has fallen. He's got an old Kareem, a young Worthy (Wade) and no Magic.