Michael Curry D-League President

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by mercury, Sep 8, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Curry has been named president of the NBDL player development and the new NBA development program:

Michael Curry Named NBA Development League Vice President, Player Development
    NEW YORK, September 8 - NBA Commissioner David Stern today announced the hiring of Michael Curry to the position of Vice President, Player Development for the National Basketball Association Development League.
    In his role, Curry will supervise all of the D-League's programs that are designed to develop players both on and off the court, including skills training, education and community involvement.
    Curry joins the D-League following 11 seasons as an NBA player, where he was widely respected for his leadership and knowledge of the game and also served as President of the National Basketball Players Association. Following four years at Georgia Southern, Curry was undrafted by an NBA franchise and played in Germany, Belgium and France (1990-92), the United States Basketball League (1992), in Italy (1993-94) and the Continental Basketball Association (1992-93 and 1995-96).
    "Michael has always expressed an interest in helping to develop young players whose potential has yet to be realized," said Stern. "His personal experience in development leagues and ultimately as a valued NBA veteran, makes him a perfect fit to contribute to the mission of the D-League."
    A native of Augusta, Georgia, Curry majored in finance at Georgia Southern and earned his Master's degree in sports management from Virginia Commonwealth University in May 2001.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

w00t! Go Mike! Some people may not like Curry, but at least a former Piston will be involved in the NBDL and someone that JD has a relationship with.

The powerbase expands. SWEET!

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I never understood why people were dogging Curry on one of these forums recently. I wasn't watching the Pistons much at that time but the papers made it seem like he was their leader. It seemed like when they let him go they did even worse. Can somebody tell me what I missed?

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Oh god,
    don't let Lee loose on this thread... let's keep it to a 30 word response.
    Carlisle loved Curry... he kept Prince from playing... he sucked as a player once he passed 32.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Mc

Curry was a little bit like Lindsay. He was a great guy and great defender. Also, his shot looked OK, but missed most of the time. After a while, he became a liability on offense.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

HA! You started it! :)

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

OK, thanks guys, I got it. Sorry to open Pandoras box. lol. :tape: