Michigan stunned by Appalachian State

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by ggazoo69, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

That's why you play the games. I'll refuse to look at Apple State as a formidable competitor. Many are doing just that in the media. I hope they become 1A next season. Michigan needed to win that game and they didn't.............
  2. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I use to call Carr this but now I think it compliments Carr too much. Cooper wasn't this bad.
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Cooper wasn't that bad but an upgrade was in order...like going from Rick Carlisle to Larry Brown.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How is OSU going to feel when they lose to a team that lost to Apalachian?
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

:pound:Good point.
  6. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Not any worse than normal. UM after 10 more games will be a totally different team than the one that played last Saturday. In fact I predicted UM would beat us this year. But that doesn't mean we lost to Appalachian State. If you want to use that logic, you could prove almost every year that an MAC team should be the National Champion. Ludicrous logic. Sorry if I said this too blunt. :MusicBigGrin: I just read what Darko said and I'm a little honked right now. Then I came on here and read this.
  7. Nemo

You show up and start spreading all this logic :).........Michigan's loss was anything but logical..........IMHO
  8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

With Henne at the helm, I'm not so sure. I have no confidence in him at all in BIG games.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The last two seasons it was the play callingas it relates to the passing game....75% of the passes thrown were short of the first down marker?? If you want a first down throw it beyond there. The running backs could get on the ground what was being thrown in the air. Did the coaches draw up thse short passes or did Henne work as lone assassin on the field??

Funny the Lions used the same setup two years ago with Garcia throwing short of the marker, so maybe it was contagious in SE Michigan:)
  10. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

And to continue the story, is anyone watching the game right now?

7-32 and counting.
  11. LA Dre

At least the Shock put up a fight for the first half before folding. The Michigan tacklers avoided touching Ducks like there carrying the plague and they gave up in the first quarter as they could not even tackle a the guy that intercepted Henne's pass in the endzone. Not to be out done the real tacklers on defense were even worse giving up three long bombs and letting the backs run through the front line and secondary like they weren't there.

Chad Henne gave up at halftime as he realized that he couldn't compete and stayed in the clubhouse.. The defense is bad enough not being able to handle the spread offense, I think the Wolverines need to recruit a QB that can run it and then install it along with a full slate of new coaches.

You know what this means...Appalachian State wasn't that good, the Wolverines are just plain BAD!!!!
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

In da 'big house', 39-7 going into the 4th. Apparently App State can no longer be considered a fluke by UM faithful.

But if Penn State beats Notre Dame (ND up 7-0 in the 1st), Lloyd's job will probably be safe for at least another week. :P
  13. LA Dre

For those keeping score, App State won again today to over some girl name Lyn-Rhyne 48-7.

IF ND beats PSU, they will be favored next week and Lloyd can possibly go for the upset of the Irish:stirthepot:
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

:pound:
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm loving U of M's misfortunes, I can't lie. But I do feel bad for the classy U of M fans like Dre (who are in the minority, from my experience).

Anyhow, I know the Sparty's are always only a week away from humiliating themselves. They always are...but it's nice while those rare good times exist.:MusicBigGrin:
  16. Nemo

The game today was awful........We haven't won since the passing of Bo Schembechler (0-4). I'm trying to think of what compares to this........Oh yea, being an MSU football fan...........The University now has a decision to make about Lloyd.............Looks like more losses to come..........
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wow. I think UofM fans must be stunned.
  18. detteam

detteam All-Star

I've heard a couple of guys call in to Stoney & Wojo on WDFN (Detroit's sports talk radio) mention the same thing about UM's fortunes since Bo just last week. Lloyd has seemed pretty lost since Bo.
  19. Nemo

It had been since 1979 that Michigan had lost THREE in a row. Now with 4 straight losses, Lloyd is probably in over his head.
  20. LA Dre

May be time to exhume Bo and put his stuffed body on the sidelines and play a tape of him getting in somebody arse!

Ok sorry to offend some, but two things need to happen this week. First an open casting call for all coaches familiar with stopping mobile QB's and the spread offense and for coaches who know how to run the spread offense. Also in the spirit of the movie "Invincible", the AD needs to take some of those schloarships away and hold an open walkon tryout and see if they can find some players with speed and give the scholarships to them. Also look for some QB's who are mobile and similar to the last 2 that beat them:stirthepot:.

Today's game was the longest Michigan game in years... I can already see my alma mater EMU taking next week off to practice the spead offense lickin their chops anticipating their first win over Michigan in two weeks:)