Michigan stunned by Appalachian State

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by ggazoo69, Sep 1, 2007.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I doubt the next guy is much better. This is a complete team collaspe.
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

prof's too smart to play for Lloyd ;)

ND has no running game and UM has no pass defense...this should be an epic battle :P

Kind of ironic that two of college football's most storied programs are facing off... with each of them looking only to regain their dignity.

You're right...it could easily be 0-4. And all four in da Big House.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The last time UM lost the first two home games in a season was 1959.....
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

When's the last time UM lost the first three home games? :flame::diablo: :tape:
  7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Well, credit to Mike Hart for backing up his bragging with some big-time yardage in the first half. I really had no idea how dreadful Notre Dame truly is. Their offensive line is astoundingly terrible, and their D-line isn't much better.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Pffft. Big deal. It doesn't take guts to guarantee a victory against another sorry 0-2 team.:behindsof

Hey, but U of M must be awesome now. I think they should get their number 5 ranking back after this. They are ENTITLED to it after all. Go Meeeeechigan.:gun1::football: :pound::pound::pound:
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Jeff Sagarin Ratings
    USATODAY.com

actually has Notre dame ranked 63rd and Michigan 69th. Michigan may move up 10 spots with the victory, but I can see Notre Dame dropping 35 spots. :)

Appalachian State is the highest ranked AA team at 53rd and are trying to hold on to a victory today vs Northern Arizona.

MSU is ranked 15th and USC which is currently ranked 5th because they have played only one game should move up today close to the #1 ranked LSU team if they thump Nebraska tounight.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

MSU 15th?????

The only way either Michigan team should be in the top twenty is if they are in the top twenty of the Big Ten conference!! :stirthepot::pound:
  11. Nemo

Beating Notre Dame at least shows that the woeful UM should be able to beat MSU. MSU faces ND this coming weekend. Hopefully, they'll win and stay undefeated.
  12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I have never seen a worse Notre Dame team. It does not seem possible that Charlie Weiss and Co. could have done this bad a job of recruiting. Spartans should breeze to victory.
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Weis has only had two recruiting classes at ND, so I guess about half the players there now were recruited by Willingham. Still, as mediocre as ND was in the last two years under Willingham, they were nowhere near as bad in those seasons as they are now, so no one can blame the previous regime for the pathetic state of that program (not to mention that Weis did pretty well in the last two years with pretty much all Willingham recruits). They are unquestionably one of the worst teams in the country right now...which will probably get Weis another 20 year extension. :stirthepot: One does have to wonder how horrible they'll have to get before NBC drops them from the frickin' national TV contract they have.
  14. Nemo

It would really seem that way. State has always been a team of good hitters. ND seems to shy away from that. Still, State does like to have their 2nd half collapse each year. I'd like to see them go this year and get 9 or more victories. ND will lose their first 7 games.
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I hope Willingham is laughing somewhere. The treatment he got from Notre Dame and the treatment Weis got with the long contract after proving nothing smacks of racism to the worst degree. It actually makes me hate Notre Dame worse than I hate Ohio State, which I didn't think was possible. Willingham was the first black coach for any team in Notre Dame history and he didn't get an adequate chance at all. He was on an incredibly short leash. He ran a clean program. Sure, USC blew them out seasonally, but now Notre Dame is getting blown out by a horrible UM team. I think Weis is smart enough to turn it around but so was Willingham.
  16. Nemo

Willingham got the next chance he deserved...........Notre Dame got what they deserved also............Looks like win..win to me.....Just waiting for the second half collapse of MSU..........So their fans get what they deserve.
  17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'm not sure it was racism behind his firing, because why would they have hired him in the first place? I think the main reason they dumped Willingham is because they thought they could get Urban Meyer, who was the hottest coaching name in the country after leading Utah to the BCS. And, looking it up, I see that he'd been an assistant at ND at one time, which I'd forgotten about, so he was in some sense a "Notre Dame guy," unlike Willingham (it's a lame thing to point to, but that's how it is sometimes with programs like that). Fortunately for Meyer, the Florida job came open at the same time, and he chose...wisely.

The main thing that makes ND look like morons is that they gave Weis that decade-long extension in his first season, when the only thing he'd done better than Willingham was lose to USC without getting killed. So they clearly demonstrated a double-standard of some sort (whether it was racism or not) with that decision. Their program is obviously in terrible shape regardless of who they get to coach them; even the exhumed corpse of Knute Rockne probably couldn't get them anywhere near national title contention anymore.
  18. detteam

detteam All-Star

:confused:

You sound as if you like the team in general.

Then sound as if you don't think MSU fans have endured enough crappy football over the last 20 years.

:confused:
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

MSU, how feeble will you look if you can't beat UoM this year ?
    P.S. What happened to UCLA?
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

MSU has looked pretty feeble in their 3 wins so far. Realistic State fans have little to be enthused about. After seeing yesterday's UM/ND game, MSU getting beat by UM is a distinct possibility.

However, getting beat by ND in East Lansing next Sat would be the ultimate embarrassment.