Mike Conley?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 2, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Intriguing prospect... last I heard he was planing on coming out along with Collison... The PG prospects could dramatically improve from what we've been hearing on nbadraft.net.
    I still want Collinson... this cat has moxie... Reminds me of a young Gary Payton.
  3. ovee99

ovee99 Second Round Draft Pick

NCAA ship just said he was staying....??? Conley, that is.
  4. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

There've been rumors recently that Oden wants a package deal so he and Conley stay on the same team. Why don't they just get married?
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

They might be hoping to go Boston then...I think it's legal there. That is a strange situation but they would be a great foundation for a young team.
  6. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

The more I think about it the more I like it, he would be the perfect counter to Tony Parker, and the only things he lacks are bulk and a consistent J, 2 things which can be developed.

The Stones desperately need footspeed, especially off the bench so it would be great in that aspect also.
  7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Since we want to get conley, i guess we have to get oden as well. We could part with Nazr and Dupree.
  8. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

First of all, the Pistons won't be able to get Conley unless they move up in the draft. Second of all, I'd rather have Acie Law. According to NBADraft.net | Home he plays a lot like Chauncy Billups and is very big and physical. I'd rather have someone like that to create matchups in our favor than a little guy like Mike Conley. Plus, the Pistons have a good shot at getting Acie Law w/ Orlando's pick without having to move up.

Do you think the Pistons are going to make a move in the draft at all or will they be content with the #15 and # 27 pick?
  9. Slippy

I think Acie will go before 15 as Atlanta and LAC both need PG's. That doesn't include teams that could use a PG and will take one of them higher than projected. I would really like to see us move up; even if its a few spots.
  10. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

According to NBADraft.net | Home the Pistons are going to select a SG with the #15 and #27 pick. Obviously, the draft experts have no idea what teams need because a SG is about the last thing the Pistons need at this point. The PG and C position should be a top priority in the draft for the Pistons in my opinion.
  11. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

LAC have Shaun livingston which they are very high on and Joe Johnson is ATL's PG...
  12. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

There is talk that Atlanta will be going after Papaloukas, the Greek point guard for CSKA Moscow who's Europe's best player right now. Might affect the Hawks' draft plans.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not too thrilled with Conley, his father or the connections to the Greg Oden Lovetrain.

I don't know anything about this Papaloukas guy, but if he is good, maybe we should be looking to trade up.

I've heard as many as a dozen guys mentioned as top 5 talent in this draft. People are going to fall.
  14. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I would much rather Joe took Javaris Crittenton.
  15. Slippy

Can livingston walk? There was a reason Atlanta brought in Speedy. They want to take the playmaking responsibilities off of JJ.
  16. Slippy

I never heard of him and he's like this eurobasketball icon. The web said he's signed until 2009 though. Thats just like that other guy, tiago maybe?
  17. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Me too, my man. Me too. Stuckey can play, but Javaris could be a STAR...or a total bust. Gotta roll the dice.
  18. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I just can't get excited about Mike Conley. To me he's a good guard riding a hot streak into the pros. In three years people are going to pretend they knew better, but right now everyone is riding this guy's jock. And this whole "we can't break up the set" routine with Oden is crap. Be a man and establish your own rep, instead of riding your buddy's coattails.
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't like saying this, but:

Mike Conley = Mateen Cleaves

as a draft pick.

Say "YES!" to no.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I heard that Oden told Portland that he would love to play with Mike Conley again and the Blazer were thinking about granting his wish by possibly sending Zach and Jerrit Jack to Atlanta for their #3 pick. Altlanta sorely needs a PG, so the question is do they select Conley and trade him to the Blazers or keep him for themselves??