Mike James - Bring him back

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Jun 1, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Banks has been out 3? seasons. MJ can slash cause he can see the floor. Bring 'em back. He could spell the PG and the SG. Is Delk a failure?
  2. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

James seems a bit like a Chauncey clone, not that tha'ts a bad thing.

If I'm Joe, I'm looking for a guard that has a little more speed and one that can stay in front of the other quick guards in the NBA. Plus it would be nice if he could bring a little dribble penetration on offense. Two areas that have really hurt us in this post season.

It would be nice if we could develop a little of our own talent, with all of the benefits that brings: cheap early, Bird rights (signability), not having to trade the pieces we have. Unfortunately, the short-term thinking of new coaches doesn't allow the kids a chance on the floor; maybe the best argument for keeping a coach for 3 or 4 seasons...even Flip.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

ixnay on the Ikem AmesJay.
    Yeah, we need a speedy 1G. We already got acker as our spot up shooter.
  4. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I vote a resounding YEA on this proposition. We have ZERO depth in the backcourt when its time to go to the mattresses. James would give us a PROVEN three-guard rotation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter comes back for one more playoff run. But I vote to pursue James even if he does.

If Hunter retires, Delk might be worth another stint. I got a feeling he can still light em up if he ever gets his motor runnin. At 31, James is young enough to allow Acker to develop, and will be old enough to step aside once Acker's ready.

Besides...we always have the draft of 08 to look forward to. We'll have 3 picks that year. :eyebrows:
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

This ONLY works in NBA live 06 and Yahoo fantasy sports. i mean look at the crazy mo-fo behind the mic. This guy is out to get his...and more power to him. When you talk about depth is that Rip you want to bring off the bench? Cuz MJ doesn't want to go back to being a role player
  6. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Mike James will not go somewhere to sit on the bench. Maybe if no one pays him, but someone will.
  7. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I don't know how anybody can say what a player "will" and "won't" do.

Make him an offer. He he decides not to accept it, so what? What's to lose?
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In this particular instance, Mike James has pretty much been saying it himself in all of his media sessions and by his actions on the court.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's cause he knows how good he is. He can carry his weight. He'll be nobodies biotch. He's Mike James for christ sake.
  10. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Mike James is a fine player. Let's sign him and give him major minutes in a 3 G rotation (another starter like Dice). He has a good attitude and he is tough. I'm for.
  11. max

max All-Star

I think the bench does need improvement. I thought we were in good shape but currently unless Hunter has a great game all we get is what Dyess can give. Need more of a lift. Need more bench guys who can bring in some energy. Probably will get done via a trade because I do not think Delfino is all that happy with his current role. He is quite as the result of a hard-earned lesson from last season but I have to believe he is going to approach Dumars for a trade this summer so he can get his career off the ground.

So assuming we get Ben back ( even if we lose tomorrow - which we won't ) then look to improve the team depth so we can comeback next season with homecourt again. And homecourt is important. Can you image being down 1-3 without it? Thats 2 in Miami versus only one tough game 6 - forget about it. I know we did it last year down 2-3 but c'mon! Homecourt can bail you out of a bind.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With the Pistons in '04, Mike James averaged 6 points in 19 minutes. He made $638,679 in 2004.

With the Raptors in '06, Mike James averaged 20 points in 37 minutes. He made $3,100,000 in 2006.

With Rip and Chauncey logging major minutes for the Pistons, there simply is no place for Mike James on the team. He just had a career season and will now be moving on to bigger and better things.
  13. jammertime

That's exactly what I've been saying... except minus all the "details" and "raw numbers" to back it up. :P
  14. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Mike won't come back at this time line.
    We are talking about Linsey Hunter of younger version, because dude can't log in heavy minutes any more. But I thought young player has game like LH could be a starter anywhere.
  15. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Mike James loves the fact that he won a title, but he would like to lead his own team to a title. he has skills and he would not be able to show them coming behind Rip and CBill. Now Marion might be getting cut from the Suns this year...
  16. jammertime

Really??? Where have you heard that? I want details! Despite his crazy shooting style, I'd love to have Marion on this team!
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We all know MJs financial and bbal status, we were just free associating about him. This is twice now we've done this.
  18. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

cut? lol... I dont think so, shopped for another all-star is more like it.
  19. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick