Mike James traded to Toronto for Rafer Alston

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Zoso, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Thanks for the scoop Zoso,

You gotta believe the Raps are thrilled with this move.
    Skip is a good setup man (better than James)... but he's nowhere near the defender James is.
    Toronto make the playoffs this year?.... Naw
    Arroyo better protect the ball or MJ's beotch will be going the other way with it.

3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Je suis Mike James, chienne !

4. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Merc

Yeah, the Raps definitely got the better end of that deal, especially how the article pointed out how Alston was becoming a disruption in the locker room.

I'm sure he'll change his tune, now that he's joining the Rockets. It's no wonder how a change of scenery, especially going from a pretender to a contender, and change a guys demeanor. :)

5. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

I'm psyched. I love Mike James ever since his time in Detroit. I can't wait to see him in a Raptors jersey. Rafer was supposed to be a leader but no one listened to him because of his temper...

Now the question begs for me! Do I still drop James on my fantasy roster and pick up Livingston or do I keep James?!

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Mike James should be a good pickup for Toronto.

** I would go with Livingston.He has a bigger upside as he has triple double potential.

7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Interesting deal. I would not be surprised if you end up seeing Mike James traded to Detroit for Arroyo depending on how Arroyo looks in preseason. I still don't think Joe D. is going to kick out 4.5 mil to a back up point guard that can't defend well. So if Arroyo has not worked on his game I expect him to be moved out.

Just thinking about it; James, Hunter and Evans on the floor at the same time. That would give Wade fits!!!!:nod: That would be a ball hawking line up for sure. All of the passing lanes would get cut off and there would be trouble bring up the ball. I like it.

8. MotownPride

OH YEAHHH! I LIKEY!

9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

small ball left with lb. arroyo is a much better offensive player than lindsey and is better than mike james in terms of making his team better offensively. flip will be playing zone this year so arroyo's defense won't be a problem at all. it wasn't even a problem last year. he was making considerable effort on defense. got charges on tinsley, blocked iverson a couple of times but still no minutes from lb.

mike james may not make as much as arroyo but arroyo has wayyyy more upside. much younger and brings in the puerto rican fans. if i had to choose i'd take arroyo at this point. watch him in the pick and roll this year and you'll see what i've known all along.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mike James brings a lot to the table defensively for sure. There was several moments in the Houston/Dallas series where he just took over the game.

I agree that Arroyo has a lot more upside, but at the same time, the window is this year and maybe next. For immediate help, MJ for Arroyo would be a win-win trade for all sides. Unlikely, but good for the players (Arroyo could start in TO) and good for the teams involved.

Still unlikely though.

11. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Arroyo got his first break in Toronto. I remember reading the article where he was basically in tears cause he wanted in the NBA so badly. The fans love him here, he'd do well.

They wouldn't do it though, Toronto's gotten James' contract that's almost expiring. That was their true goal and it looks like there might be a bright future ahead.

12. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Mike James

Man I wish he would catch on somewhere for more than half a year. If his contract was not so big I wish we could get him back. I say if he gets traded again we should tell him to retire stating some sort of bs and then sign him.

The pitbulls rocked together. That bucks game where they forced what 20 turnovers that was some of the best basketball I had seen the pistons play all year.

What I dont get is everyone knows he can defend, he can shoot pretty good too, heck he even can drive so whats the problem?

13. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

That is a heck of a question.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Keeping Delfino I'd trade Arroyo for Mike James in a heartbeat. The reason Delfino factors into this equation is because Delfino is more of a Point player than a wing player, while not a pure pt he sees the floor well and he handles the ball extremely well. While Delfino doesn't set up players like Arroyo does, he can dish the rock pretty well. A lineup of James, Evans, Delfino, Dyess, and Darko would be awesome. Darko, Delfino and Arroyo aren't scorers, they're GREAT passers, but at times I felt like yelling, "SOMEBODY'S GOT TO SHOOT THE DAMN BALL!!!!"

Now I'm pissed off and dreaming again like it's August or something.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If we trade Arroyo down the line, I want to keep PRBaller. He's good people.

16. MotownPride

lmao! :laugh:

17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Arroyo or James

I would rather have James because of his defense. So far, Arroyo has shown me all flash and no substance. The first exhibition game was just like the playoffs, with him dribbling around and ending up with a flyer. I do hope he pans out but starting to have stronger doubts.