Mike James turns to Super Nanny

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I just saw a commercial for an episode of Super Nanny which will air tonight on ABC featuring Mike James and family.

I wonder what Mike James rep around the league will be after this episode airs? It is pretty funny that his kids run him. :ner-ner:
  2. Winless Wonders

The show was totally different than the commerical portrayed. It was more about giving Mike and his family pointers on keeping their house safe for their children and hleping the kids and him deal with him being gone so much.

We never really think about what players home lifes are like. When players are not playing well certainly 90% of the time there may be some sort of personal issues going on that we as fans are not privilaged to.
  3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Good show. Mike is a trip though.
  4. Winless Wonders

LOL.. I don't know why he was giving the Super Nanny a hard time and didn't want to listen to her when he is the one who asked for her help. He didn't even want to teach the kids safety around the pool and got mad because Super Nanny forced Mike to get in the pool and get wet. He just got out of the pool and then wouldn't talk to anyone. Unreal.

I didn't realize Mike was so moody and stand off ish. Then again that may be why he has been traded so much.
  5. NYPistonFan729

I was thinking the same thing. Especially when houston traded him, that seemed to be the perfect team for him...he has control issues for sure.
  6. nonanj

nonanj Second Round Draft Pick

Mike's attitude on the SuperNanny show was embarrassing. I hope his
    kids weren't present during that shameful exchange between him and the
    Nanny. His wife's response during the exchange said it all:
    "What an a_ _hole."
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, pretty much 99.9% of men can be fathers.

Being a good man and a good father is a much tougher job to do.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just be glad he didn't participate in Wife Swap.
  9. NYPistonFan729

That would have been a terrible.....mike has quite the personality. Men like mike must have meek women....
  10. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

That's why children of America is so messed up. They parents are totally messed. He shouldn't have to turn to a "nanny" to get his to act right. My parents and ppl related to me always had a belt or switch ready. ;)
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, I mean seriously, is our children learning? :MusicBigGrin:
  12. Winless Wonders

Yes, I could see Mike being on wife swap being a disaster. I could see him getting all pissed off and leaving because he didn't get his way.

I couldn't believe Mike was yelling at the Nanny in front of the kids. The Nanny was like I am not going to have this discussion in front of the kids and that seemed to infurate him more and he got louder and more animated. The Nanny left to another room away from the kids and then she told him about himself. I give her props for not backing down from him. Mike's wife doesn't seem like the type to confront him.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My thoughts on the show

One thing for certain, Mike's kids loved that man. Looks like he was gone for only a couple of days and they went crazy trying to talk to him over the web cam.

I can see Ms James being overwhelmed having two babies that are less than 2 years old and being only 13 months apart and the other two being a handful of activity. Just think if he had some boys.... My only question is what did the other nanny or woman in the house do besides feed the youngest child??

The first thing Mrs. Dre would have done if she were the Nanny would have been hire an interior decorator to come in and change the color scheme....to many yellows and pastel greens in that house.

For the Nanny to haveto come in tell them to safe proof the house and the pool area seemed rediculous. That pool should have never been left without a fence or guard around it with kids that small.

Ms. James had those kissable lips that no man could resist. :love:

I can see Mike being traded from team to team over the past few seasons....dude has an ego attitude.

I applaud Mike for showing himself in a setting like this and you have to wonder what other sports figures do when they are on the road and leave the spouse to handle little children..

Just think if Sheed had been on the show and the nanny would have given a him tech for acting childish with his balled up fist..:granade:
  14. FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH

FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH First Round Draft Pick

I'm sorry but that whole thing was a mess. I don't understand why there wasn't any organization. Mike was acting out and it was appealing. You wouldn't think that this was a man blessed to be in the NBA. He acted like any ole other Joe Smoe.
  15. NYPistonFan729

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

tHERE IS A new VERSION OF wife swap on PLAYBOY tV! lol