Mike James

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 6, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

I wouldnt compare him to TO, Tyson or Ron, but man he is annoying as hell. He needs to realize he is an above average PG on a team that doesnt have much depth at all. He would NOT put up numbers like that on a playoff team...

3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

[SARCASM]I think its obvious that Mr. James suffers from confidence issues. [/SARCASM]

4. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Hmmmm. Has my opinion of MJ just changed. Do I wish I hadn't seen the video. Nahhhhhh Mike is no more confident than any college or pro player I have ever known. MJ is still welcome here.

5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

It was wise not to keep him. That chip on Mike's shoulder drives him to be a mediocre starter rather than a superb reserve. Not our way of building a team for the long haul. But I do like the guy.

6. lemonpen

I see it just the opposite. Isn't our team full of guys originally driven by chips of their own. The only diff I see between MJ and our guys is he already has the ring that others have come here seeking.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'd still like him on our team as a guy off the bench

8. max

max All-Star

Watched the 1st 5 mins or so. Nothing worse than other players have said.

Its natural for players to want to start. James was a starter in Boston before the trade. Sometimes they have to go though a crushing demotion like Chuckie Atkins did in 03. Then again how many guards make it to the East Finals for the opportunity to fail.

Bottom line Bucks offered him more than we had to spend after spending the MLE on Dyess. It was a good choice.

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

After recieiving that ring is when the problem began. He never understood his role as a Piston which resulted in his departure.

He was always going to be a bench player on the Pistons and he didn`t want to be a reserve.

I will say this, If MJ would just humble himself, I would take him instead of Delk on this current Piston team.

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

As I remember it everybody liked MJ because when he got into the game he scored. He didn't look to assist. Even if LB wanted him to pass he just took care of biz. Scoring off the bench, what more can you do in 3 min.?

11. lemonpen

I think the ring enabled MJ to achieve the missing part of his NBA dream.
    Being no spring chicken he needed to capitalize on his success here in the form of long term financial security. Good move in my book because despite his considerable NBA talent, his carreer has for what ever reason, continued to be a rather transient one.
    Agreed he would be an upgrade to any of our current bench backcourt.

12. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

I've been watching Mike James play all season since I'm a Toronto-native. I used to live MJ back in the Pitbull days with him and Hunter running the full court press.

His defence since then? In huge decline. He's too worried about scoring now and hoisting up shots that make me want to throw something at the T.V..

For Christ sakes Mike! PASS THE BALL!

Its such ugly basketball watching him run up the floor and just jacking up a three - no passes to anybody, no ball movement. At least wait for Bosh to set a pick or something.

The funny thing is - once there's a timeout and Mitchell's yelled at everyone, there's more ball movement and guess what? Better bball + chances to win.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My homies tell me that since the interview James has toned down his chucker mentality, but there are no guarantees that Toronto will bring him back.

The front end of that interview is missing from the video. James is a nutbar. I don't know how anyone can watch that and not see "chemistry killer".

Joe probably made the right move bringing him back. There is more to being a good player than raw stats. We all should know that.