Mike James

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Warthog, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

my buddy and i were talking about this at work yesterday, then i checked out blakely's friday weblog and saw this:

he also speaks about the pistons liking johnson, but hints about the pistons being worried some team would offer him a crazy contract this summer when he is a free agent. i really think they're trying to hide him this year so they can have him for cheap and no other team sees his potential and picks him up.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The more Blakely tries to free think, the less he actually comes up with.

Mike James is not going to come here and play behind Billups, and the only way this happens is if Joe thinks CB will bolt.
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Maybe the Pistons can trade Nazr, Davis, Hunter and their their first round pick from Orlando to the Magic for CA and DM? LOL
    :stirthepot:
  4. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

what is with the weird obsession with ex-Piston players coming back to play here?

interesting about "hiding" Amir...
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The only problem I have with MJB is he's a chucker... he doesn't make his teammates better... and that contract is large for a backup PG.

If Joe were smart he'd go after the younger Watson... I don't want to see the Heat landing a solid PG (per rumor mil).

No doubt they're keeping Amir on the low... with his excellent attitude this is a good thing for his long term future in the D.... IMO, we'll see big things from AJ next year.

OTOH, something has effected the relations with Jmax & Flip... he went from very promising in the preseason to a sometimes garbage mop up player... it may be on the defensive end because we know he can fill the scoreboard... a few more assists would have helped.
    Hate seeing a player that is all about effort landing in the dog house. :focus:
  6. max

max All-Star

That take was posted here over a month ago by Roscoe. I am starting to wonder if its true. Thing is, will he want to re-sign? Every player by their 2nd year wants to play. No matter age, draft status, etc..
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Mike James was on Jim Rome friday but his phone punked out after 1 minute.
  8. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Maybe people think that if you correct the mistake, it's like it never happened :stirthepot: .
  9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Detroit needs a point guard. Trading Flip and 1st for MJames would be a good short term fix, and a horrible long term solution, which means, we're probably trying to do it.

No way we trade Delfino, Supe Dupe aint cutting it as the backup 3, while James can play the 1 and the 2.