Mike Martz to be Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Abe Froemen, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Correction. Not everyone was feeling better about the direction of the team with the hiring of Marinelli.

As for the Ford's not being cheap...I think a nearly crippled Charlie Sanders would disagree if asked what he went through to get financial compensation for his injuries sustained while playing football for the Ford's.

If not cheap...then what? Incredibly stupid??? That doesn't give me much confidence in their decision making ability. So why get excited or even optimistic about Marinelli?

It's nice to see people still believe in the Lions. Maybe that loyalty will eventually pay dividends in their lifetime.

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Without defending the Fords, or can we call them the Kias, wouldn't Charlies injuries be an insurance thing?
    The guy has been on the payroll all along. And considering how little Charlie cared for his body, was there ever an issue?

3. Darth Tater

The Ford's fought Charlie when he tried to collect. I remember reading a quote years ago where Ford said something to the effect of "we know he sustained his injuries playing football for our team, but we fight these things as a matter of policy". I remember thinking what a horses arse he was.

I'm not aware of Sanders not caring for his body (although it very well may be the case). Tight Ends tend to get crushed due to the nature of the position, so I don't know if that would have helped.

This probably wasn't the best example, but it seems to me that over the years the Ford's were involved in a lot of contract disputes that caused the Lions to lose players or cause players to shun Detroit.

He loves his GM's though. Those bums he pays top dollar(to haggle with players). I can't ever remember a player leaving and saying he had respect for Ford or that he was generous...or for that matter anything nice about him.

I think Ford would like a winner. Why not? It means more money for him. But he's making lots of money anyhow with losers, so why gamble?

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, Charlie cared for his body, I meant to say abused. But think of it, if they don't fight the litegation people would just walk all over them. Gimme a million dollars, I hurt my knee. Doing what?
    Yeah we lost a lot of players to money because the team didn't have any. Unlike Dallas which was getting all the stadium commissions. I have no answer for the Fords. At least they gave Rod M. only 3 years

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I think this is good for the offense.I guess they opened up thier pocketbook which would be the smart thing to do for once instead of spending more on Millen.

7. Darth Tater

I agree. Good move if it happens.

But I am still one of the "ye of very little faith club". At least maybe they are trying to rebuild this sorry franchise. But I believe it still will not be nearly enough.

That being said, my Lions hope meter just jumped from zero to three(on a scale of 0-100). :pray:

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

thank you Jesus!

9. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

You said it best, THANK GOD. I would have been pissed if they let him slip away over some chump change (chump change for them, not me)...

10. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Yes I am glad we got him but I am fearful this just means my hopes and dreams will get crushed in november/december instead of september/october.