1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Mike Woodson

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 10, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

So I'm following the gamecast on the Hawks/Clips game tonight.

When you play fantasy basketball, you start box score watching like a heroin addict. Every refresh could bring more stats, the precious stats, my preciousssssss stats....

Here is a trend I have noticed in the Hawks games I have followed so far. Mike Woodson (former Detroit assistant) is absolutely horrendous with his subs and constantly falls victim to the small ball gimmick to force tempo.

For example tonight. He's got my man Zaza Pachulia (on my fantasy squad) in the game. Leads the team in Assists, Rebounds and shoots 2-2, and 2-2 from the line in the first Q. Pulls him out. Hawks go from 2 down to 10 down.

So he puts Pachulia back in. Kid misses a shot, but whips off 4 assists in 3 minutes, gets a block sparking a comeback to get the score within 4.

They have one legit big paint scorer on the team, and they keep pulling him game after game off the floor.

Now you might think, micro's got a bone to pick because the guy is on his fantasy team. Maybe....

But I also picked the Hawks to be the most improved squad this year. I believe in Josh Smith, Al Harrington, Joe Johnson and I thought, Mike Woodson. Well, they are 0-4 going into tonight's game and giving the Raptors a serious run for lottery weighting.

Let me put it this way. If Pachulia was Darko, and he had 5 rebs, 6 assists and no turns to go with 8 points and the coach pulled him to go small, I think this forum would storm the Palace with pitchforks and Flip Saunders effigees.

Mike Woodson seems really overrated to me by all of the folks who lamented not having him on the Pistons bench last year.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Nasty little hobbitses want to take our statses from us. We won't lets them, will we precioussssssssssssss?

LMAO. It's good to know I'm not the only person sitting there like a nut case pushing the refresh button and running the numbers by the minute! :wacko::der:

3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

you guys have a...hold on, gotta press refresh...real problem. I mean seriously you fellas need to get a....yes, another assist!...life. It's only a ...now come on they know that was a block....game. Jeeshhh!!! :)

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lmaooooo

:laugh: That was really funny because...brb...

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hahaha

This thread gets my vote for funniest to date on PF.com.
    Micro, Darth and Motown, you guys all deserve an award. You play a hell of a 3 man game. The stooges would be proud.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have the bottom 1/5 of my t.v. to watch....

6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

P.s.

That was the best Gollum impression to date! You nailed it. :laugh: