Home Milwaukee Bucks Monday, November 25, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Milwaukee Bucks

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 7:30 PM Eastern

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is there a bleepin' ballgame tonight or not?!?! There's a potential playoff spot on the line from crying out loud.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

One. Game. At. A. Time.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

All the talk in the Bulls thread fooled me to think the next game is on Wednesday. Thank god for Ernie.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Singleton.
  6. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

I was screaming like a little girl while I watched this game lol. That first quarter was a lot of fun to watch, they played with cohesion on defense and they actually knocked down shots for once! I also liked how they try to score in the paint first instead of always settling for outside shots. I think this is the best they've played together, thus far.
    del and roscoe36 like this.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great game...especially the first three quarters where the defense turned steals/turnovers into points. No matter how much we complain about Jennings, we got the best of the Brandons....as Knight was ....well I think I saw him out there a couple of times. This game basically was over in the first quarter as even Singler was a plus 14 and he only played 2 minutes and change before going out with contact lens/dry eye issues. Heck I forgot about him to until the end of the game when I noticed that he and Gigi were the only Pistons who failed to score.

Jennings put a capper on the big first quarter lead hitting three straight threes during a Piston 21-0 run. Both he and Pope shot the ball well and when they do, we can win as it prevents those long misses/rebounds from turning into transition points on the other end. The they 10-19 from the floor, 6-11 from beyond the arc and combined for 16 assists. 15-13 for Jennings vs his old team......if only Josh could gave been that inspired vs the Hawks, we could have taken at least one of those games.

The backup combo guard Stuckey continues to lead the league with off the bench production with 17 pts and hitting 64% from the floor. Seven Pistons were in double figures, so balance scoring tonight.

With Singler ailing, CV stepped in and contributed to the second quarter 15-2 run scoring 7 straight points to help the Pistons to the big 65-34 half time lead. He finished with 12 points on 2 treys, and lead a fast break layup after a quick steal.

The starters along with Stuckey really turned on the defense in that first quarter which turned to easy baskets (26 points off TO's) and 70% shooting at the end of one. Once the game was in hand, those same starters played tentatively in the 4th quarter and allowed the Bucs scrubs to shrink what was a 34 pt lead down to 16....which reduced available garbage time for Gigi and Mitchell to only a little over 2 mins. Mitchell did get a monster jam delivered from Jennings while he was in there.

A possible loss by the Bulls tonight in Utah and then in Detroit on Wednesday could put the Pistons in possible 4 or 5th seed.....:cheers:
    jzchen and Lee356 like this.
  8. roscoe36

Great game. Maybe we're starting to turn the corner on defense.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Ok, so we further cemented our playoff spot. Other than that, 3 quarters of garbage time. Per the announcer, Josh Harrellson has cemented his spot in the rotation, even though he was minus ten in this one and pretty much worthless out there. He did hit a 3. Meanwhile, with all that lead, and coach still can't find GT minutes for Mitchell past 2?

Pope hit his shots, but he was only even in this one despite us blowing Milwaukee away early. That is because we went with a front line of Pope, CV, and Harrelson way too long. Not a good thing. Great to see Pope play all those minutes, but I do not like seeing him play out of position at small forward just so we can find minutes for Bynum. Pope played great D, holding his guy to zero until way into GT. Not to mention stealing the ball a couple of times to trigger fast breaks for us. Two triples for Pope.

Stuckey continued his quest for sixth man. 17 points, mostly on midrangers - but his confidence was so high he nailed a couple of triples too.

Singler barely played. Eye problems from his contacts. JJ got in for a bit of GT, hit a triple and got a couple more scores. I still say that no way Singler has beaten him out for small forward minutes. So far, JJ has simply not been given much of an opportunity to play the backup small forward, instead seeing time at power forward, where, in my opinion, and I am sure many others, he absolutely does not belong.

Bynum got to play. Looked ugly. But he was in with a horrible unit. Later he played with the first unit due to foul trouble on Jennings. Did not look good. In a fairly unusual twist, Jennings played out the 4th, even far after the game had no mathematical possibility of ever getting close again. (Which really occurred a few minutes before the 1st quarter ended.) At the end of Bynum's first stint though, CV made him look good by nailing some 3's.

CV also scored toward the basket twice. He was a bit negative for the game, but that was from playing with that horrid unit I mentioned earlier.

The Pistons, upon the exiting of Middleton from the game, went on a 21-0 run. I have been watching a lot of Milwaukee games, and this is pretty typical actually. Their coach takes him out, for no apparent reason, and Milwaukee immediately folds. The main feature of that run was a lot of triples from Jennings, who had 4 in the first quarter, and I think Pope hit a couple of shots there too. Later, we went on a 15 -0 run - started by some of those CV triples and continuing after we started rotating our starters back in. At one point, we had Milwaukee doubled up 64-32. I was thinking, Milwaukee's strategy should be to quit scoring at all, since every point they made was getting answered by 2 from us.

Siva and Billups did not dress. I suppose Bynum was limited on his minutes being it was his first game back. So since Jennings got into some foul trouble, he and Bynum ended up switching up roles in the 2nd half for the most part.

Our 3 front line players all did well. I see Smith was plus 32

And one very important stat: Singler was, per 48 minutes, plus 300 about.
    linwood and BallDon'tLie like this.
  10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Keep the wins coming. Looking to get back to .500 at least for now.

Sure is a lot easier when guys are hitting shots. Jennings shooting in motion was good to see. Shooters need to shoot some.

There is an imposter out there who is calling himself Rodney Stuckey that is consistently hitting shots and not making charges.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I can not express how proud I am of Brandon Jennings' play tonight. At one point in the 1st qtr he was 4-4, all I triples. He caught a hot streak....I just knew he would take license to Jack up 20 shots tonight because he was "feeling it" but the joke was on me. The kid finished the game 5-10 and had 13 asts! Outstanding control and maturity from him. Good games from everybody who played tonight. Milwaukee SUCKS!!! I mean they are absolutely terrible! I'd keep an eye on Nate Wolters as a possible backup PG in the future.
    BallDon'tLie and Lee356 like this.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

After seeing Brandon Knight play tonight, I wouldn't care if Jennings shot 35 times a game faking passes to the big guys before laughing and shooting again!

Jennings seemed controlled and balanced when he shot tonight.

The Pistons go for so many steals defensively that they often have 4 guys up by half court.

They were probably just trying to keep the ball out of Middleton's hands because they had no answers when he was our there.

Anyone know what the Pistons magic number is for clinching a payoff spot? There was nothing said in the papers or on the TV broadcast.

I really like that Cheeks has been consistent in when he sits people, but open to who may play there.

That Harrelson character was directing the other defensive players when he was on the court. He's got to buy into the every man for himself scheme the Pistons run if he wants to keep playing.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Didn't get to watch these last two games unfortunately, but I'm impressed by the balanced box score on this one. Stuck with 11fgas, 4 guys with 10, and pope with 9. That balance should be a trademark of this superstless team.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Playing bad teams with missing players is a good way to build some confidence.
  15. roscoe36

Everyone is probably missing someone. We're missing CB who was our starting SG. Milwaukee isn't a good team to begin with. They are playing for the lottery.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sanders makes a big diff. Brooklyn was missing an entire starting lineup. And both are last place teams. I'm being sincere though, we needed this after a rough schedule.
  17. roscoe36

Sanders hasn't been playing that well this year and has earned a spot in the doghouse. I feel pretty confident our big guys could push him around.

Brooklyn, yeah. They were missing their two best players, but they are probably the deepest team in the East.
  18. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

I see what you mean. However, if we played like this against the elite teams we've lost to then we stand a good chance to beat e'm. I might be speaking too early but I can see that they're finally building some chemistry on defense... No one's getting lost anymore and missing assignments, and everyone is active and communicating well on defense. I guess what I'm trying to say is we're starting to look like a completely different team, compared to a couple of weeks ago.
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The biggest difference I'm seeing defensively is Greg Monroe and Brandon Jennings' effort on the pick and roll. Grant it, they were only defending Sean Livingston and Brandon Knight so it wasn't as if they were actually defending players who can execute the pick and roll.
    The Panda likes this.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Jennings irks the heck out of me, but at least he actually has talent. Knight STILL sucks!
    By doghouse do you mean a new contract worth $11M/yr.