1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Away Milwaukee Bucks Saturday Feb 9 2013

Discussion in 'February 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Milwaukee Bucks

Saturday Feb 9 2013 - 8:30 PM EST

BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

[​IMG]

Mogilny likes this.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pregame report. We are going to get slaughtered. Bynum will be minus 21 like last game. Calderon won't be able to defend their guard duo of Ellis and Jennings either. No Drummond to make the game halfway respectable like last time.

But on the the other hand, we could win, if coach were to change who he plays.

Start: Calderon, Middleton, Singler, Kravtsov, Monroe. Play them 40 minutes.

2nd unit: Stuckey, English, JJ, JMAX, CV.

Knight is an emergency point guard for foul trouble. He can also be brought in specifically to defend a hot shooter.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  4. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If we started those guys, we'd be behind by 30 at the end of the first period!!

50 at the half!

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No need to watch this one....unless Middleton gets 40 minutes.....

linwood likes this.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Verrry interesting...lineup.........

[​IMG]

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Calderon is a pure PG after my own heart and his leadership is surprisingly outstanding, again the Anti-Tay. Brandon was back to being Brandon, good once every three games, which is good for him because he's progressed from being good once every four games. I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit wqatching this game because Stuckey and BoT had really good games, this means that both now believe they are All-Star snubs (and Joe too), this will cause Lil Larry to expand their roles and minutes (hello Top-5 draft pick) and for Joe to expand the length of their contracts......... Bittersweet win!

8. roscoe36

AWESOME.

Plus 15.

Also Lee, Bynum was even for the game, so IN YOUR FACE!!! :cheeky-smiley-012:

TheeTFD likes this.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Brandon Jennings had 26 points, Calderon had 23. Jennings took 27 shots (he also went to the line 3 times, so it was actually more like 30 shots), Calderon took 13. Funny thing is, Jose has no urge at all to score that many points, he's only doing that because he has to, wait until these guys get used to playing with each other and we get Dre back.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Breaking news!!!

The Pistons have just broke a dubious streak that they shared with no other team. That's right coming into tonight's game, they were only team in the association who had not come back to win a game after being behind at the end of three. They were an NBA worst 0-25 and now are still an NBA worst 1-25:biggrin:.

But they won baby, and give credit to everyone's whipping boy, B.oT,, Charlie V whatever you want to call him, as he nailed the game winning three with 9.7 seconds left on the clock. He and Jose C were the catalysts in this seesaw game that saw the Pistons lead by 11 early in the game only to see the Bucs rally back and go ahead by 10 in the third.

The Pistons had six players with double figures and three with double-doubles, as Charles finished with 18 pts, nailing 4 three pointers and grabbed 13 boards to tie Moose as the leader in rebounds.

Calderon had his best game as a Piston handing out 10 assists, with a team high 23 points. He hit three treys, but never went to the FT line.? The team dished out 25 dimes.

Stuckey continued to bang and collide and collected 8 of his 19 points from the FT line. Good job off the bench. Singler provided some key hoops too.

Knight??? well it's like night and day...last night he was everywhere scoring at will...tonight 2-13... Max played an invisible 31 minutes, and the Slava came in near the end of the second and missed two FT and committed two TO's in four minutes.

Good game and good win.....we needed this one as the Michigan Wolverines had already lost earlier in the day to the Wisconsin Badgers in Madison. Could not have both teams from SE Michigan to come out of Wisconsin with losses today.

11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Huge games from Calderon and whoever that was that possessed CV's body tonight.

Calderon is making CV and Singler, in particular, better players. You bring him back next year and draft a point guard for him to mentor. Bring in a wing scorer from free agency. Give Knight time to find his game.

The Panda, S.J. and roscoe36 like this.
  12. roscoe36

Great game by Charlie, Rodney and Jose. BillLaimbeer is in love with Jose, and who can blame him. This guy can play basketball. It's sort of scary he might be our best player (says something about our talent level) and that Joe was basically able to get rid of Tay to land Jose (incredible deal).

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Great win. A win on a 2nd of a back to back, away, against a team ahead of us in the playoff race.

Calderon shot 10-13, including 3-4 from downtown. A 20 -10 game for him. The addition of Calderon means we have two shooters in there to start games. Now if we could only replace Knight with an actual shooting guard. Calderon got to the hoop a few times, but mostly, he gave the ball up, utilized a pick, then nailed the shot when passed to him. We did not really use another guard much as the point while Calderon was in. More of it came off of Monroe having the ball in his hands.

As usual, CV could not follow up his good game from last night to a 2nd night in a row. No, rather he blew last night's game away. Only 4 triple made this time instead of 5, but he pulled down at least 13 boards for a very nice double double. CV was found around the basket enough. And of course, he is tonight's hero by making that 3 with just around 7 seconds for Milwaukee to answer. (made it 103-100) Kind of an unusual finish, as both team exhausted all their time outs, and even fouls to give, with about 40 seconds left in the game - so it was hang on to your hats with a wild finish that went in our favor.

The small forward position was manned by 2 people, Singler, and Stuckey. 30 points between the two. Stuckey was really efficient, getting 19 points on just nine attempts. (8-8 at the line.) Stuckey did make a 3, but he did not get 3 happy. His shots were closer in, and of course, he got to the line plenty. Much of his damage was off of posting up. Even against double and triple teams. He was not always up to guarding there small forward - but then again, if you are letting them try to exploit that much while potent scorers like Ellis and Jennings are standing around watching, its not such a bad thing for us. PS, Jennings did score a lot, but it was a high volume scoring effort, a point per shot attempt. Ellis was held to near nothing.

Calderon often looked around and saw he had both CV and Singler to pass to. Unfortunately, he often passed to Knight too, and Knight was long shot happy. Even though he was not making any. Just a coincidence, Knight did not play in crunch time. Indeed, he was pulled midway into the 3rd quarter and I don't recall him returning after that.

Bynum came in for Knight, and stayed in the game to the end. He ended up even for the game, basically losing 10 points in the first half, but gaining 10 in the second. Our starters had gone out to a 13 point lead. A free throw made after Bynum sat left us with just a 2 point lead.

Our starters played swarming defense on Milwaukee to start the game, and got fast break hoops one after the other. Lots of that was off miscues by Milwaukee. We had an 11-0 run late in the first to give us a decent lead.

But we were down about 5 when Bynum came in midway into the 3rd, and went down 10 shortly thereafter. Three 3's at that point got us back into the game. Calderon, Stuckey, CV, as best as I can remember. From there, it was a nail biter to the end. A whole lot of what Bynum was doing is checking Jennings. Can't say he did all that bad either. Bynum also scored inside and got double digits there. He did make one ill advised outside shot.

Kravtsov did play a bit, and did not do well. Of particular note, he has a bad habit of bringing the ball down in traffic and getting stripped. Needs work - but hey, for a guy who has barely played this year, for sure he needs more chances to show us what he can do. (He was also playing along side CV, not a very strong front line.)

JMAX, just played good D.

Singler is very deft at nailing short in jumpers off the move.

Monroe had a quiet but nice double double. He and Calderon were high in minutes at 35. At times in the 3rd quarter, you could tell the team needed more time to adjust to Calderon's style of play. But hey, they won in the end. Nothing like learning on the job.

In sum, 3 guys with healthy double doubles, CV, Monroe, and Calderon. Plenty of pop from the small forward position with 30 points scored, and an up tempo game for us most of the way. And a whole lot of good solid defense. (Not always, the stretch with Kravtsov was not pretty.)

Gee, as ill as I am I managed to write quite a bit. (I did finally start feeling better around 7 this evening. Good thing as my strength was zapped at that point. Been sick for 6 days. Man I hate being sick. Good thing the Pistons won to keep my mind off that.)

GO PISTONS!!!!!

linwood, LA Dre, coynejeremy and 3 others like this.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Calderon is a little too old school PG for me - long term at least. I thought rexrats summed him up nicely in another thread earlier today. That being said he is a huge upgrade over any other guard the Pistons have. Ben Gordon would have scored a lot more points here if he ran as hard as Calderon does to get open.

After seeing Calderon set up Charlie I wish the Pistons didn't have to give up Daye to get him. I would love to see him run with that Drum, CCG, Daye and Singler tall ball lineup.

He won't be having any 3 assist games.

Monroe was going good in the 1st half, but they never went to him after that.

Criticizing Charlie for shooting 3's doesn't make sense to me.

It's so nice to see the Pistons playing fast and trying to make some plays instead of playing to have 6 turnovers or less.

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. roscoe36

???

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I went to Chicago on Monday morning, flew back home Wednesday night, and woke up Thursday morning with the flu. Today was my first day otta bed since then, so I think I know how ya feelin Lee. I had a flu shot back in early November, but apparently it wasn't strong enough to expunge whatever hit me. Could have been change of climate or some bug on the plane, but got to get back to full strength as I am back in the air and heading to Orlando on Tuesday. Piston victories these last two nights have kept my spirits up!! That is always good medicine :kleenex:

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I wish h3 he had a little of the D Rose new school ability to finish.

19. roscoe36

We got him for Tayshaun Prince.

TAYSHAUN PRINCE.

This may be the third best trade in Joe D's career.

When you get a guy like Calderon, you don't get the pre-ACL D Rose player, you get a Steve Nash type player. For the love of pete...

coynejeremy likes this.
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Jose became my second favorite player on the team the day he became a Piston.