Away Milwaukee Bucks Saturday Feb 9 2013

Discussion in 'February 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Number 1 being?
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Middleton.
  3. round

LOL not what I expected :P

I was thinking JJ or Drummond.....
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

He was minus 15 at the point we were down 10. So I was not too far off in my prediction. What I am really glad to be wrong about - we won. Calderon seems a bit better at defense than we imagined. Neither of their guards ended up hurting us. And we still should try starting Middleton with Calderon to give him someone who can shoot the ball real well to pass to. I know you like Knight, and hey, he is young. Someday he could turn into a good shooter under pressure, you know, a shooting guard. Not there yet.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I did not have the flu, unless you use that term for a severe cold. I could barely talk. Sinuses stuffed and infected. Could barely breath for the 6 days. Sleeping was fitful and usually ended in coughing / choking fits. At least I got to the doctor immediately and got on antibiotics, or it would have crawled into my lungs too. (Then its more like 3 weeks to recover fully.) Anyway, I am symptom free this morning, kind of feel like a truck just hit me though. Oh, and did I mention the headache from constant coughing all that time. I thought my head was going to explode round about 7 pm last night. At which time, the symptoms rapidly left.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Each season...1-3 flu viruses are prevalant. The shots that people get, starting back in November have those viruses in them so your antibodies can build up an immunity. However, each season there are over 100 flu viruses floating around. So each season, many people still get the flu anyways cause they're not protected from all the rest of the viruses floating around.

When I read about Calderon, I begin to wonder why JD continued with his PG experiment for so long........
    I just hope that it was his decision to make this trade...and not the towel boy's..........
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. My only point is that given the choice I would prefer someone that looked to finish a little more and was more of an offensive threat in the PG mold of today. I couldn't articulate where my disenchantment was coming from until I read rax's post. I'm not looking for Rose.

Calderon is a big time player though and a leader. I love that he plays for the Spanish National Team. It's good having an organizer on the floor. He talks up everyone.

The Nash comparison is a good one.
    Nemo likes this.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Beautiful j he has. Misses are right on too.
  9. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

Ernie, this had me thinking. Old school-new school it doesn't matter. To me it is semantics. A good player is a good player is a good player. The only thing that matters is can they adapt and contribute to our winning. If the answer is yes, I don't care if they do it new school or old school or new age school. There is something timeless about a player that knows what they are doing. Would Zeke's assists ratio be down if he played today, probably. He would be counted on to score and finish. He showed he could do that even back in the day, but Chuck needed him to dial that back and become a facilitator for the good of the team going forward. The point is he could adjust. I think Calderon can adjust to what is needed so long as we win.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Vincy makes a good point. Jose is shooting and playing off the ball more than he did in Toronto. I've seen my share of Raps games (they are the national franchise up here) and this is a different role for him.

I was just telling someone, we got better when Prince left, and we got a lot better when Jose started playing. This team goes out there with a purpose now. There is very little standing around.

Some were concerned about a losing streak, but then on back to back nights, beat playoff caliber teams. That's pretty durn good.

Don't pick lotto numbers with this mentality please.

We have really shut down Monta Ellis the last few meetings.

He's shot 2-4 in 13 NBA minutes, and you think he should get the starting job... Have you seen his body? It's not ready for night in, night out competition. He looks like a boy out there.

Knight is one of our best shooters right now. He's one of the best 3 point shooters in the entire NBA.

You watchin' the same games I am? I want to know which games you're watching where Knight can't shoot under pressure and Middleton has proved his ability to score at this level.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Knight can shoot the ball. If someone is not running at him. With pressure, he misses. Not like end of game pressure, but rather defensive pressure on him. Keep watching.
  12. roscoe36

Everyone misses when they have someone running at them. That is why defenses close out on shooters.
  13. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Reggie Miller didn't. Actually... he's available, right?
  14. round

Exactly.... those who do are those that are Max contract SUPERSTARS.... and nobody here whether we like BK or not are saying he's a Superstar.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Jose made everyone else look like a poor passer last night. Knight had a few good feeds (behind the back to monroe for instance), but otherwise it was very clumsy when jose was out. Bynum really is a better player with his alley oop connection out there with him. Without dre, he doesnt get as many easy bunnies. His alley oop to max was great though given he was passing to a 6'5" player.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Someone like Rodney Stuckey?
    TheeTFD and coynejeremy like this.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

As far as Brandon's shooting.......
    At the PG position he ranks 30 out of 36 as far as overall FG% for PG's with a FG% of .406.
    Among PG's he ranks 33rd out of 36 with a FT% of 75%.
    In 3pt FG% he ranks 23rd in th eleague at about 36%
    His November shooting stats: FG%= 43.2% and 3FG% = 45.2%
    In December: FG% = 38% and 3FG% = 40%
    In January: FG% = 45.4% and 3FG% = 27.9%
    So far in February: FG% = 34.6% and 3FG% = 20.8%

Not at this level. A starting SG in the NBA needs to be able to shoot with a certain degree of accuracy even when guys are closing out on him.

While I don't think that one of our 2nd rdrs is the answer at SG, I certainly cannot sign off on this kid being even remotely close to being a starting SG. But he's a good kid who tries really, really hard.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Everyone misses some when being charged at. Knight misses all of them. Calderon is hardly bothered. Pay attention. Each shooter is effected more or less than the next guy in this situation.
  19. roscoe36

Do you also want me to pay attention close enough to annoint players starters after they make 2 NBA baskets in 13 minutes of floor time?

What next, Khris Middleton has fast hands and will make me forget about Michael Jordan?
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We should certainly try him, vs. continuing to pretend Knight is a shooting guard. What do you really have against that. Basically, you rail against change. Why?
    Nemo likes this.