Away Milwaukee Bucks Saturday Feb 9 2013

Discussion in 'February 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

for catch and shoot Brandon Knight is currently the best player on the roster. But keep in mind, it is totally uncharted territory for Brandon - youngster at the same time. OK, BoT probably beats him at the 3pt range, but Knight is more versatile.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I have talked about this before, but BK is serviceable as a shooter off the ball.

Middleton is garbage. He is no starter and will not be for at least another year. I like English though.
  3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Only on this forum do I read starting lineup demands that have frickin' Khris Middleton on it. Change for the sake of change isn't any better than sticking to the status quo just because you're more comfortable with it.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Trying something won't hurt. Nobody is demanding anything. Just discussing possibilities. In studying the SA game tonight, for instance, I noticed how well sets worked with Knight as the point, Calderon and Singler - and CV too once or twice, for shooters. We scored at a very high rate. Knight is no shooting guard. We certainly should audition the other players to see if they are. PS, Knight is a fine point guard though. When playing with a decent unit, one with shooters to pass to.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Middleton isn't a starter. Sure he should get some burn, but it is absurd to say that we should just try it because it 'won't hurt'. It will hurt. Badly.
  6. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

No, Knight isn't a SG, with that I agree, but if you want to find a starting SG, I think it'd be better to find one that isn't a second round pick who has played minimally, if at all. Middleton should probably be given some time, but to stick him in the starting lineup? No.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Why not?
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Because we still have a shot at the playoffs. But as much as I hate to say this..........maybe we should take a look at Middleton, let's find out if he's a dud or not. Frank has given everybody else extensive looks. Does the kid look that awful in practice?
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Since we still have a shot at the playoffs, all the more reason to continue to try to improve the team.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You know what Lee, when we had a solid core I didn't mind finding minutes for newbees or whatever. We could recover in game or in the standings, we were very good. Now with new newbees every year we just seem to go in circles. Let's try this guy, let's try this guy with that guy because we're playing those guys.
    Have we stuck to a single rotation with exception for injury for 5 straight games this year ?
    Wouldn't it be nice to antisipate player moves because you know him well ?
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

@ roscoe:
    I'm not sure if you're new to this site but lee is one of our most beloved members and a true asset to our forum.
    He's a diehard Piston fan with a tendancy to propose lineups and rotations that favor young, unproven players over more established options. For example, on several occasions earlier this season, he recommended a lineup that featured Vernon Macklin at PF. Macklin hasn't been with the Pistons in an official capacity since June, 2012 and currently plays for the Rio Grande Vipors of the NBA developmental league after a brief stint with a professional team (Gaziantep) in Turkey.

lee is a great poster and passionate Pistons fan, but sometimes has rotational theories that defy logic.
    We love him for this though.
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Macklin could use some time in an Israeli prison.
    TaS likes this.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That is what the casual Internet fan is not privvy to....the hours upon hours of practice time that coaches see every single day. If the dude can ball, he would get some PT. Look at the minutes Singler is getting.
    linwood likes this.
  14. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It's worth noting Middleton had a serious knee injury last year and his conditioning and the strength in said knee might not be up to extended minutes.

There is a parallel to Slava here too. Not until his game the other night, where he played 11 minutes, did we know his conditioning was so bad. He said he was buggered after 5 minutes. Hence why he probably hasn't been getting any burn.

On Slava, was a little unimpressed with his minutes in the past few games, but he did show bits of potential. He got up quick for a putback, but was horrible on his rebound timing and positioning that he hardly even jumped most of the time. Played some nice one on one post D, but then got caught out of position off the ball a few times. Showed a nice stroke on FTs, but took the ball down too low off an offensive rebound.

In short, I was hoping he could make an immediate impact, but I think it will be another season or so before he fully adjusts
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Slava has a weird habit of stalling in the paint after he gets the ball. He doesn't even pump fake, he just looks up at the rim and holds the ball like he's waiting for everybody to stop jumping... which never happens because they jump in shifts. I do appreciate being able to see him play just so that we know what we have... but initial looks aren't overly promising. On D, I expected him to be more of a shot blocker so far.

Hopefully conditioning is part of it and he's work his way into shape in the next few weeks so that we can see what his A game looks like.
  16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Wow.
    I just noticed the name change. It's different.
    I'll get used to it.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

He just needs more minutes. Start TRG and Middleton!