Home Milwaukee Bucks Tuesday Jan 29 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Lawrence Frank did it! He gave Drummond a quick rest in the 2nd Q and then he subbed back in to play with Monroe. That wasn't so hard. He then topped it off by having Knight out on the on the court with him. (Drummond did practically have to lay down on the court to taken out but still.....)

It's a sad day when teams have to resort to gimmicks like playing their 3 best/young players together.

This was easily Frank's best game of the year.
    BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  3. The Panda

18/18/1/2/1 in 27 minutes. 9 offensive boards. 9/15 FG.

I feel like SVG, but there really isn't much to say about that. Incredible performance.

The guy is an absolute monster. His minutes definitely need to be managed a bit better, but still, when given the time on the floor this guy is a machine.

On a side note, that is the worst garbage time experimental lineup that I have ever seen. Shamefully bad.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons fall 4.5 games behind the Celtics...because they played Stuckey

In other meaningless stats
    Bucks had 19 pts at the end of one and 91 at the end of 3.
    Drummond 18-18
    Max, Stuckey, Daye and Bynum combined 3 for 21 shooting
    JJ took 9 shots in 8 minutes
    English took 1 shot during that same time frame
    Bucks hit 11 threes to our 2 ...or hows this, Jennings hit 5 threes to our two...all in the third qtr
    Daye was blocked 3 times
    Pistons 20 turnovers probably led to 35 Bucks points
    Update records to show Pistons now 0-22 when trailing after 3, and 17-28 when trailing after 4.......
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ouch! Poor defensive effort caused by even poorer offense. That tends to happen when the PG's and SG's on your team are as bad and inexperienced as ours are.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Gee, who would have thunk it. Our bench was horrid. Me. A backcourt of Bynum and Stuckey again resulted in something resembling the three stooges, only one missing. Between Stuckey and Bynum, they can run nothing. The guys in with them are worthless - even Drummond with his 18-18 was the same minus 21 as Bynum. Speaking of Drummond, without his constant putbacks, our sub unit would have ended up over minus 30 for the game. We got absolutely nothing from our bench. Why? Coach long ago made the decision to entrench Bynum back into the rotation. Remember, we were just fine before Bynum came back into the rotation. Even if it was Washington, hey, we beat that team 100-68 - without Bynum until 4th quarter garbage minutes. There is no need for him on the team, except as an emergency point guard. All he does, as used now, is take the ball out of Stuckey's hands, making Stuckey very ineffective.

Further, instead of having that 3rd strong outside shooter in, you got a shooting guard in who can't shoot. That is what you get when you try to replace Singler with Stuckey. Not good. One more time - what made our bench really click? The combo of all of Daye, CV, and Singler giving the 2nd unit outside scoring punch. By forcing Bynum into the rotation, you lose that magic. Of note - Bynum, with Stuckey sitting, got to play with the unit of Bynum, Singler, Daye, CV, and Drummond. They put up a 16-0 run last game. So this game - no such unit. Worse, in a total blowout, this coach did not have the wherewithall to change the unit in the 2nd half. Thats fireable, imo.

We came out strong, up 15. But when our starters came in - I know some of you will hate me saying this, but Bynum messes up the organization of the team so fierce, it is hard for the starters to recover from his mess. That is my observation. Repeatedly during this season.

Of note, we did end the first half with a few minutes of Drummond paired with Monroe, with otherwise our starters back in. We were back on our heals, so you can't say too much about this three minutes. Not great, but I would sure like to see this unit with Tay replaced by Daye. Which would give us two outside shooters for the unit. PS Tay looked awful tired. As the schedule has heated back up, the idea of Tay continuing to be a starter has looked a lot less of a good idea.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That 12 minute stretch in the middle of the game when we took Stuckey out was really rough. -23 in 12 min. Tough to recover from that. He stabilized things when he came back in, but it just wasn't enough.

Frank is a funny guy making us watch 5 minutes of Henson/ Dalembert vs Daye/ Jerebko.
  8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

If not for Drummond, this year would have been a disappointment. But with Drummond, it is not hard to look down the road...

They played faster and the Pistons did not cope well with the pace.

The team has continually gotten on these droughts and the one constant is that there is no floor leader and or a go to guy who can stem the tide.

I still think that a pass-first point guard in the draft and or a scorer is needed. Let Knight develop on his own time and find his way. The organization needs to come up with a floor leader by next year to allow Drummond and Monroe to have an impact.

The more we see of the veterans on this team again, the more it looks like they are not the guys to move forward with the organization.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond lost his effectiveness on D when he was winded. I thought it was a little foolish to drag him into the 4th quarter in this one with a game tomorrow night that will be physical. But once he was dragged into it, I was hoping for a 20/20 game in less than 30 min. That would have been a unique accomplishment.
  10. The Panda

I don't want to draft another guard. Dumars has a habit of drafting combo's and they suck.

I want a floor leading passer. And screw drafting them. Dumars should be on the phone to Boston right now trying to get a deal for an injured Rondo. Or Vazquez. Holiday. Calderon. Whoever can pass the basketball and make the team run right.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Generally speaking the Pistons lost tonight because of some BS, one-timey type things and not some terminal weakness they have.

I don't feel that MIL is that much better than the Pistons. Their guards are better and more explosive, but the Pistons should win up front. They didn't tonight.

Drummond played as many minutes as Kyle Singler!!! He went for 18 and 18 yet still made a ton of mistakes. Aside from giving a crap and his athaleticism he's a pretty poor defender all in all.

It has only been a few games, but I like the cut of Kenny English's gib. He can play.

Stuckey is killing me, but I'll live with it if Frank can keep playing Monroe, Drummond and Knight together. (I'm giddy.) I would root for a team that had those 3 playing the most with some combination of Bynum, Singler, Tay, Daye, CG, Max and English rounding things out to make the playoffs.

I love it when Drummond catches the ball out past the free throw line and tries to score via a double clutch layup. So far he only has the million dollar moves.
    J-Train likes this.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Drum's defensive lapses are just visible because he's trying to guard the entire opposition. Also, he clearly gets exhausted and loses some of his edge. Give him an ounce of help and let his NBA body form and he'll be one of the top 3 defenders in the league. He blocks shots, is smart on help, challenges every dunk/ layup, takes charges wisely, boards in a crowd, steals the ball at a crazy rate, avoids getting in foul trouble, and even closes out on shooters when necessary. When he's rested, he's already top tier on D.
    Nemo and copper like this.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Chandler is 30 years old now.

19 y/o Tyson (2nd overall pick) vs Drummond [per 36]

Stat: TC/ AD
    Pts: 11.3/ 13.2
    Reb: 8.9/ 13.2
    Stl: 0.7/ 1.6
    Blk: 2.4/ 2.9
    Tov: 2.6/ 1.5
    PF: 4.6/ 3.8
    FG%: .497/ .607

In Tyson's whole career, he has never hit Drum's rebound, steal, or block rates. He hit his scoring rate once, in his second season, and never again. His FG% drastically improved, but didn't exceed Drum's until his 6th season.

And the guy I'm comparing Drummond to is an all-star this year and last year's DPOY. Not exactly a lightweight... except Drummond does edge him out by about 70 lbs.

I don't mind the comparison to Chandler because they are both super opportunistic on offense, but Drummond really has freaky potential... like all-star next year and for the next 10.
  14. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Chandler got his game amazingly boosted since Turkey 2010.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just to make this clear, Drummond entered the game five minutes in, and did not play the last 6 minutes or so. He played all the minutes he did in a compressed time span. If he were starting, he could have easily played even more minutes, and gotten enough rest here and there.
  16. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

WOW...I got home to watch this abomination of a replay. While I like Singler's potential ability to knock down shots and stretch the defense, his defense is ridiculously nonexistent. He is remarkably BAD on D. Again to the surprise of no one, Coach Tiny Tot finds a way to get Stuckey damn near 30 MINUTES on the floor...AGAIN. This is unbelievable and smells a lot like Carlisle/Curry all over again.
    I swear, having 401-Tay and Maxiell is like having two fishing buoys on the floor. They're bobbing and weaving with the current as though there's action going on, but they are accomplishing nothing over the course of 48 minutes. I think 401-Tay and Freight Train have the same shooting coach. I am currently wondering how many shots DO you have to miss to not be considered for playing time. JJ gets 8 mins and STILL shoots a higher percentage in Stuckey. They gave Daye 3 years to make a shot. People complain about CV...but, at least for his $8Mil, I can rely on him to get hot more than once a month. Stuckey is still playing near starter minutes and he hasn't helped this team since LAST January.

As always, I love my team, but this is ridiculous. I love listening to George and Greg talking about this team having a chance to make the playoffs now that Rondo is hurt. GTFOH...A) This team isn't going anywhere near the playoffs right now...and B) If you are relying on an injury to another team's best player to get you into the playoffs, you've already lost.

Drummond = BEAST ...it will take the sting off of just simply waiting for this season to be over.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Welcome back KK.
    The Low likes this.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

LOL @ Coach Tiny Tot.
  19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I would liken Dayes offence to menopause, he has hot flashes but then they subside and he just looks old and broken. Stuckey needs to go, wether its dnp's or a trade...he is doing no good on the floor and it doesnt matter who he is out there with.
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"Tiny Tot" makes up for having to read this thread about that horrid, embarrassing game. The roster of guys who should be kicked to the curb is too long to list.

I did start thinking about Stuckey a bit while watching guys a half step above d league taking the Pistons apart. You're a guy who at least for a while was an up and comer, but you're coming off the bench behind a rookie and a rookie and a half, and losing minutes to perhaps the most inconsistent backup guard in the league, one who doesn't even come up to here at Disneyland. Your coach doesn't like you and what might be your only contract is being frittered away. It's mega tough to walk away from the only job you're ever had, but Stuck needs to go down the hall and tell Joe to pull the trigger and send him somewhere else, anywhere else. Status quo is not going to work and getting out is the only chance he has of salvaging some kind of career.
    copper and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.