Away Milwaukee Bucks Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Discussion in 'December 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ Milwaukee Bucks

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 8:00 PM Eastern

BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I just watched Milwaukee lose to Boston. Thought I would put this here as a scouting report for the game. First, yes, the Pistons can just mail this one in, and still win it. Milwaukee ain't much. There only good player, Middleton, the coach yanks out of the game for long stretches, for no reason, and watches his team lose. For instance, twice Milwaukee was way behind and made a game of it when Middleton got back in the game. Problem is, they did not quite manage to catch up all the way at the end of the game. With simply keeping Middleton out less, they would not fall so far back.

The rest of their team is hardly worth mentioning. But I will mention Knight, who started out tonight 1-10 before finally hitting a few triples to make his night look at least marginally respectful.

Without Sanders, Milwaukee has zero presence in the paint. They can not get a defensive rebound, let alone an offensive one. And post play - that is for other teams, not Milwaukee.

Look for Neal to be about the only other consistent scorer besides Middleton for Milwaukee, as Mayo is still in a shooting slump for the most part. But look out, he did hit a few in this game against Boston.

Easy prediction, Detroit 130 - 75.
    Mogilny, Pistons0809, Walter and 3 others like this.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LOL 55 point win prediction. You are fearless Lee.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Middleton suits up, I will predict Bucks win 105-98.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Maybe we should employ the Hack-A-Mid strategy to get him out of the game?
    Mogilny and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

That NEVER works on players as talented as Khris Middleton.
  7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

You have to hack him hard enough.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Then We're screwed......I got Milw 146-73.......Yup, they double us up!
    linwood likes this.
  9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Pistons by 1.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That Heat win might go to their head.
    102-100
    Bucks
    Then fall out of the P/O picture !
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You'd have to lose about 20 straight games to fall out of the Eastern Conference playoff picture.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Those predictions of a Pistons blow-out has yet to materialize as the Pistons find themselves down by 5 at the half. 50-45. The difference in the game are the two Middleton 3 pointers :cheeky-smiley-012: he has only taken two shots and both were three pointers.

The Pistons got off to a good start and led by as many as 9 (26-17) in the first quarter. But the second quarter belonged to the Bucs second unit as they beat up on both our second and first unit. Ersa Ilyasova has 16 pts off the bench. Siva failed to get the second unit going with a turnover and getting three fouls in three minutes.

Shooting woes tonight so far as Jennings, Monroe, Smith and Stuckey are 5-25. Greg Monroe has been blocked 5 times....Dre as usual already has a double-double and will need to bail out the team with some stellar play that leads to the W if he expects to get player of the week honors.

Still we should have this.....
    linwood and Lee356 like this.
  13. LA Dre

Yep we did....the Pistons blew up in the 3rd quarter turning a 54-50 deficit into a 66-54 lead as a 16-0 run put them in control for the rest the game despite a late fury by the Bucs. Three Pistons had double-doubles led by Dre with 24-19. In fact on the last FT attempts by KCP, I was thinking or hoping that he missed that second FT on purpose to see if Dre could get # 20, but it bounced off the rim back to Pope. Monroe after getting blocked 5 times in the first half answered with 18 points and 17 boards. Jennings survived plenty boos and 6 TO's to respond with 17 pts and 11 assists.

Stuckey didn't have a stellar game going 1-8, but Singler has put together back to back good games and I am almost certain one of you is going to snatch him off the free agent list this week in your fantasy leagues.

The Pistons had possibly their best shooting from the FT this season going 32-42 or 76.2%. At one point they were 22-25 with Drummond being the only Piston to miss and he was 5-8 at the time. (He finished at 8-14).

Have to agree with Lee on Middleton....he only played 20 minutes but scored 14 points on 4-5 shooting...and was taken out of the game in the middle of the Pistons big 16-0 run. He would be nice coming off the Piston bench now for some easy buckets....that darn Lawrence Frank never gave him a chance.

The injury riddled Clippers failed to knock off the Hawks tonight, so instead of the Pistons moving up to the 5th seed, we stay at # 6 and ahead the 7th seeded Bulls who we hope will be our 4th straight victim.

Three in a row and growing confidence.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good win. Any 3 game win streak right now we will take.

Well, our starters did well. Coach reverted big time though and decided to give no effort as far as putting in bench players who had half a chance of doing well. And yes, Singler is the problem. Putting him out there single handedly stopped our nice run in the first. He did hit 3 triples, but note Milwaukee consistently played off him so everyone else suffered as far as their offense, while defensively it was a constant struggle to hide Singler. Singler was our minus leader at minus 9, against really a pathetic team. In my opinion, Singler was the worst player who played in this game, for either team.

In the end, our front line starters just totally dominated. Look at the gaudy numbers: 42 rebounds, 59 points, 6 assists, 3 steals, 8 blocks. Jennings added his double double to the monstrous ones from Monroe and especially Drummond.

Stuckey played no point. Totally wasted minutes for him in this one. This was strictly a bad choice by the coach. Stuckey is not a shooting guard. He tried to be one in this game and failed miserably. Milwaukee played a lot of zone that needed to be shot out of and Stuckey by no means is the guy for that job.

Nice to see Pope have another multiple triple game. You know I complain a lot about this coach, but he has been sticking with a good solid starting unit that includes Pope, a starting unit that most fans like a ton.

The early lead was lost mostly with Singler in the game. Even though a lot of our starters did come back in quickly in that 2nd quarter, Singler stayed out there.

Again, we see a silly unit of Siva, Stuckey (no outside shooting for the backcourt), combined with Singler, JJ, and Harrellson (no ability to score inside.) Of course, in the 2nd half coach came to his senses, but look, how long is he only going to get actual contributions from just one bench player? (and tonight, since Stuckey did no good, zero.) Time to play Mitchell. And time to go trade for a better group of bench players.

Middleton shot 5-6 for them, including 4 made triples. But Milwaukee only played him 20 minutes, even though the rest of Milwaukee's starters were a combined 10-37. Milwaukee will not win much with a starting center only getting 4 rebounds and a starting point who only gets 3 assists. Just not that much talent amongst Milwaukee's starters, save for Middleton. If we had half a bench, to contribute anything at all, we should have slaughtered this team by at least 40.
    brofmfa, LA Dre and roscoe36 like this.
  15. LA Dre

I thought you predicted 55??

Anyway you were right it was their bench that was keeping them in the game as the starters didn't a darn thing other than the few minutes where Middy was left open...Maybe we should trade Charlie V back to the Bucks for Middleton and throw Siva in there with him?
    brofmfa likes this.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

There are few if any Pistons we could trade at this point to get Middleton back outside of Drummond. People in this forum do not want to hear it, but Milwaukee considered Middleton a big part of the trade, even though a lot of fans in Detroit paid little attention to what we were losing. Tonight, Knight gave us no problems. Middleton's triples did.
    Mogilny likes this.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ugly win tonight, but it was the Bucks so it really didn't matter.
    Jennings played very poorly, but I pretty much expected that.
    Stuckey had a bad game too, but he gave a solid effort tonight.....hey sometimes you just don't have it; I just hope it doesn't start a trend, we really need him to maintain his efficient production off the bench to be our best.
    SINGLER PLAYED A GREAT GAME TONIGHT!!!!! Again.....SINGLER PLAYED A GREAT GAME TONIGHT!!!!!
    Moose was getting his stuff swatted by the Bucks frontline the entire first half but he bounced back and a very good second half and was key in the Pistons 16-0 3rd qtr run that helped deliver tonight's win.
    Andre Drummond..... indescribably great!
    The other benchers didn't help or hurt us, it was clear Mo wanted to get the guys some rest on a the 2nd night of a back to back.......but as Lee pointed out, it was a terrible lineup but they played limited minutes. But a bright spot- Jorts set the best screen set by any Piston all year......the starters need to take note of it.
    On to Chicago for a tough, physical battle!
    Lee356 and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Blue must have been bursting with pride as his boy the Greek guy dominated the 2nd Q.

How good was the Greek? Good enough to move a player like Khris Middleton to the bench.

Great defensive game from Drummond. He's come a long way, but still has a ways to go.

I thought Cheeks made a mistake not taking Drummond out when they intentionally fouled him with 2;08 left in the game.

I worry that he might get a nasty looking red splotch on his arm if they foul him over and over in the same spot.

I thought Singler played well also.

Jennings looks like he's dribbling a deflated ball half the time. The Bucks announcers seemed to like him.

What would the Pistons record be if they had Knight instead of Jennings?

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.
    Lee356 likes this.
  19. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The Bucks played Zone Defense in the 2nd quarter and this does not suit Stuckey's game especially with that line up that includes Siva, Jorts, JJ, & Singler. This is where the coach should played the Pizza Guy or CV instead of Siva & JJ or Singler. If they can make some outside shots when Stuckeys drives and willing to pass, the Zone Defense will not be effective.
    brofmfa and BillLaimbeer like this.
  20. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

I don't ever want to see a line-up of Siva, Stuckey, Singler, JJ and Jorts unless the game is already over. I really think Cheeks should try to fix the rotation so either Josh or Greg plays with the 2nd unit in the 2nd q. Siva(Bynum or Billups when they're healthy), Stuckey, Singler, CV and Monroe would be a better option IMO.