Minnesota East

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 28, 2006.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: Minnesota East--- Or The Flipistons

Too many in this forum believe this same ole' crap. The team was poised to win it all and the players came up a little short. This blame everything on Flip excuse is old and weak, in my opinion.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The reality is that this team has to become Flip's if it will have any chance at success.

What I am concerned about is our mediocore draft record (might as well have the Joe Smith penalty in effect) and that we seem to be associating ourselves very closely (in philosophy, personnel) with what I consider to be one of the lesser expansion teams.

You can bet ol'Ros will have both of his beady eyes peeled and looking for further signs of Wolverization.

We're the Pistons damnit!

3. max

max All-Star

What is the Wolves philosophy now? Which years in Wolves history are we talking about?

I see a new coach who has a different way of doing things. How much of it is Flip influencing the players or Flip adjusting to his players?

Either you are thinking too much or I am thinking too little. I just do not see this Wolves transformation taking place.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Flip was the coach of the Wolves for 10 years. The franchise has only been around for 17 seasons. He took them to all 8 of their playoff appearances.

After KG, it's Flip then McHale that define the Wolves.

Perhaps I am thinking too much. I've been watching the Raptors transforming into Phoenix North, and started questioning how the Pistons were adapting to the *puke* New NBA. I came up with the Wolves. We seem to be getting very snuggly with them.

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For me, it's McHale that defines the team more than anything. The Joe Smith move and resulting punishment have had more impact on the Wolves ability to move ahead than anything else I can see.

6. max

max All-Star

Good food for thought though. Too dang hot to go outside this weekend, thats for sure.

Interestingly, we may as well have been penalized draft picks since so few work out and we get nothing for them in the end.

7. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I believe it was legal when he was in a coach in the CBA, and when he was coach in college, and when he was player in college...

I just refuse to call him an innovator until I see something innovative... something innovative should be useful.

8. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Mo Evans was a good signing for what we paid him. So it's possible that Flip's got a decent eye for talent. I don't think we're Wolverizing, or that the team has to take on Flip's character. I think it has to do what it failed to last year -- carry Flip by playing good defense. Our best shot with this group is hoping that this year's humbling puts everybody in a mind to hustle again.

As for Flip, sorry if some of you are sick of the bashing. I don't agree with the premise of the threat, but I do agree with the sentiment -- Flip and his Built for January offense invaded and corrupted Pistonland at the worst possible time, and it's embarassing that he's still here, practically bragging about chasing away one of the best players in our franchise's history.

I think Flip's culpability is obvious -- LB got the same ego-bloated squad to the brink of a repeat. By the time Flip resorted to playing the bench in the latter half of the Miami series, we could see he had no idea what to do. He was changing things for the sake of change and because he heard criticism that he wasn't adjusting, not because he had any thought process that led to a conclusion that Delfino and Davis in spot minutes in the first half would have worked.

It's not all on Flip, but certainly most of it is.

9. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

I read recently that K. G. may want to be traded. Would there be any possibility for us to get him?

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

There's always a chance!

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, if we pick up KG I think that would be the last straw. And Roscoe could say he told us so...whilest we hoist the Larry O'brien trophy.