1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

MIP Okur?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TWOTIMESRALPHI, Nov 8, 2005.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

so far, given more minutes due to Boozer's absence, Okur is having a damn good season scored another 31 against the Bobcats.
    Do you think he's going to establish as a proven scorer or is he going to get worse and worse as the season goes on?

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

My initial thought is that the moment Boozer returns Okur's offense will see a drop into the 16-17 point variety. This is still a sizeable increase from the previous year. As mentioned by another person in the forum, Okur is exceling at the 4 spot. A move back to center along with sharing touches with another low post option will bring our Pistons alum back to earth. Regardless, I still see him as a candidate for most improved player...although I think TJ. Ford if he remains healthy runs away with the award.

3. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Not MIP

It seems to me that Memo was not bad enough last year to be MIP this year. What kept him down was the lack of touches and when he did get them, did well.

He is going to be a good player from now on, but will drop in scoring when he again gets fewer touches.

I hope that he has proven to be a threat and Utah will change some things and make him a higher scoring option. The guy can play and if he can score more, he will probably feel even more involved and improve other parts of his game. He is better than Boozer and will stay better.

I could see him as a 19-21 points a night guy. But Utah has to use him properly. He does have a good variety of shots.

4. jdmiser

jdmiser Second Round Draft Pick

Okur

Okur is a beast. He is going to be their primary option on offense, even if Boozer ever returns

5. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

What's up with Boozer anyway? He hasn't done anything for them, and I wonder what he'll contribute when he does finally return.

For Jazz fans, after almost two decades of Stockton and Malone, each of whom was all but indestructible, this must take some getting used to....

6. MSU Spartan

MSU Spartan Second Round Draft Pick

Be aware

Okur is putting up points on a team whth little offensive options... I haven't watched many Utah games but My guess is that he si being a black hole.. once he does this for another week or so defenses will start to plan for him and shut it down.. he is a decent player.. don't get me wrong.. but Joe D made the right choice in taking McDyess over him.. Wait till around January his average will be somewhere around 15-17 ppg.. while still being a black hole

7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

No, he is not the MIP. He has been good all along and is just getting his opportunities now. He is just not the flashy player that draws the oohs and aahs.

The other night in Phillie, he played 38 minutes, had 25 points with 8 ribbies and 8, count 'em, 8 assists, with his two steals. Utah is putting things together and should be good in the play offs.

If the Pistons don't want Darko to stay, maybe he could join his old teammate in Utah; get rid of Chiri in a few years.

8. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Boozer just had another setback. I want to cut him off my team but I can'tr afford to now that I sent my second best rebounder packing.