Mo Evans on WDFN 05-16-06

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 16, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

* Familiar with Eric Snow and his reputation for hard/flagrant fouls.

* "Thinks he" broke his thumb on the flagrant foul, which he said probably affected his ability to make both FTs.

* Will play Wednesday, says the Pistons are a tough veteran club (implied that there is no way he could not play ie. locker room pressure, expectations)

* Did his best to make LeBron take tough shots, and that when LBJ can make a shot like the fall-a-way three, there is nothing you can do about that. Great offensive players make great shots.

* Says Flip doesn't trust the bench (answering a question about the bench playing poorly in Game 3). Also said that the bench needs to win Flip's trust back because it will take a team effort to win a championship.

* Re: looking ahead at Miami, the Pistons have to take each game at a time and not look ahead to the next series because when they do that, they put themselves at disadvantage.

* Re: Larry Hughes back on Wednesday, he'll give Cleveland more depth but Ron Murray has been playing really well in his place.

**MORE TO FOLLOW IF THEY REPLAY IT. I MISSED THE BEGINNING.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Big mistake playing with a broken thumb... can't catch or shoot properly (been there).
  3. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Thanks, I heard Mo broke his thumb, thats confirmation.

So we got Ben's hand, Rip's ankle, Sheed's ankle, Mo's thumb, Dice's whatever (I don't remember). I thought Tay had some problems too but maybe thats gone now. Well if we win this year at least no one can blame it on the OTHER team's injuries.
  4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

That's one gift from the basketball gods at least amid all these injuries. His .27 eFG% on jumpers and matador defense for 30+ minutes can't hurt.

Have there been any updates on Dice? Mo's been playing pretty well as a 2-guard, for the most part, but the "sixth starter"'s disappearance worries me a lot more.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No update. They didn't play it again.
  6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I agree with Mo, Flip has very little trust in his bench. This will hurt us in the long run.
  7. max

max All-Star

I was worried about something like this with Snow. He was the one who put Billups out of commision during the 2nd round Philly series in 03. Questionable call as well.
  8. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Word out of Cleveland is that Hughes is still deeply distraught over his brother's death, and may not be ready to go for some time.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Max I almost forgot about that! If he's smart he won't take it to the hole 2 times in a row. Cruisin' for a brusin'.