Mount Sheed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I hate to say this but I have a very uneasy feeling about Sheed this year. I get the feeling he is a volcano that is getting ready to explode. In previous years, he had either a coach he respected (LB) or a strong personality like Ben to keep him in check. I just don't see any of the current Pistons having the personality to rein him in. Unfortunately I am thinking that Sheed is going to be going back to his old Portland ways, especially with the new no crybaby rule. Sheed appears to me as a keg that is getting ready to be lit. I hope I am wrong.
  2. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

I never felt that Ben influenced Rasheed in any way. I know Sheed won't like the new rules but He also seems to have more fun at times than anyone else. He may fuss at the refs, but I don't see him as blowing up.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You mean like the time he choked a ref in Portland?

It's funny how some folks give one guy a free pass but rail against another player for even less controversial behaviour.

I on the other hand like Sheed AND Ben. My two favorite malcontents. ;)
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

That's very bballjay-esque of you. :rolleyes:
  5. max

max All-Star

He had better step up. Most of our season depends on it.

I am confident though. I believe in Sheed.
  6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i kinda thought he influenced sheed in a positive way. and i agree. he's more emotional but i don't see an explosion...a trade mabye...
  7. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Sheed and Flip is not a long-term combination.
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I agree. Iregardless of the success or failure of this upcoming season, one of them will be gone.

Sheed will be Sheed, he will lead the league in techs, however, I also believe his PPG and RPG will improve over last year.
  9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I hope Sheed stays, he is just too valuable to lose. I also believe that his ppg will increase, howver he will lead the league in techs that will evenutally result in suspension(s). I don't believe that Sheed will be unmanageable and totally out of control.

But with the techs and all Joe will be livid, he may try an trade Sheed before the trade deadline.
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

I really hope they don't trade Sheed. As far as the techs go, I don't think he will get too many this season. I just read an interview with him, and he said not to worry, because he will figure out a way to "communicate" with the refs. :gun1:
    So... no worries, right?
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I am not one of those people who believe that people can't change. I think Rasheed is not the same guy he was in Portland. He's a veteran now. So far to me it looks like he's stepping up by staying in the paint for post up oppurtunities and rebounds. Sheed will get his occasional technical games, but besides that I believed that Sheed won't screw this team over.
  12. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

throwing mouthguards, headbands, armbands, etc is already banned. he'd have to get his thinking cap on.

maybe he could learn some languages from delfino so he can rant and swear as much as he wants.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

Maybe he can write down standard complaints on index cards and hand them to the refs.

"Are you blind? The opponent is fouling me!"
    "I didn't even touch him! This is felonious!"
    "Awwwwww, hell naw!"
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Recently, the PTI guys did the over/under on techs for Sheed as being 20 this season. Everybody thought he'd go over it. I don't think Sheed is the offensive talent he used to be. But he's learned the little things, too. I love his length on D and he'll need all of it this season without Ben to help.
  15. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If Sheed explodes it will not be the first time. Relax...I am so tired of this Sheed will go crazy talk........Sheed has been here for two and a half years......never heard that Ben kept Sheed in check.....I feel the games need to begin so people will have something to talk about....if he explodes, so be it.....GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

I wouldn't worry about Sheed too much. I mean he got his second chance and he's lovin' it - he wouldn't want to mess up how good his value is now that he's matured from the Portland days.

Let's not forget how much of a nightmare it might've been playing for that team or even Atlanta...after he went through that we won a championship!
  17. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Go to need 4 sheed and play the video of Sheed's interview on Quite frankly. He talks about his techs and the reasons he is trying to do better. I thing the interview is reassuring.
  18. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I don't feel sorry for Rasheed one bit. Rasheed is a man who needs a some discipline in his life. He acts like a little two year old when his mommy tells him to take his hands out of the cookie jar. The truth is the vast majority of the refs are good men just trying to do their job. Yeah, they are going to blow some calls. But they have a national audience now that sees every debatable play from 15 different angles. Can you imagine having millions of people watching and evaluating every decision you make? No doubt you would try to do your best. And the few times they do screw up, the calls go both ways on average. Nobody wants a reputation of being incompetent. Rasheed needs to quit thinking like a child and start thinking like a man. Rasheed is one stubborn cat. Like I was saying before the season started, I would trade him as soon as possible. The longer we wait, the lower his trade value will become. Rasheed did not want to be known as the guy who disrupted the Pistons. Now that Ben is gone, Rasheed is the bigger brother. All his younger brothers in my opinion don't have the will to reign him in. Plus he now does not have a coach he respects. I don't see this as a small storm passing through. I see this as a cancer that must be taken care of as soon as possible, as painful as it may be. I'm grateful that Sheed helped us get a championship. But its like the old Kenny Rogers song goes, you gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them. I say its time to fold them and plan on winning the next hand.
  19. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

This made me laugh back when I read it the first time and again today....

but maybe, just maybe, Sheed should try it.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There may be a reason why he was not chosen as one of the captains. You don't want to have to trade a captain mid-season.